Long Game 63: The Set

DeTess

7 hours ago, Young Bard said:

Hmmm... Thanks, Elandera.

Coda, I'd be curious to hear from you.

I have no opinion on elims, so I'll give my opinion on who's village. 

Young Bard: Good analysis. 

Elandera: Also good analysis. 

Right now, that's all I have. Most discussion is probably happening in docs. A major question that will probably not be answered until we lynch successfully is whether or not there are eBI in the Set or if that was just a filler ghing. Once we answer that, I'll have more to say.

11 hours ago, Elandera said:

I'll need to review more of what's happening in my subset and in the first cycle before I make a serious vote. For now, I'll join Young Bard in a poke vote and hopefully get some more talk going in the thread. @Elkanah, you're usually more chatty. Elkanah. How's it going?

Thank you for the poke! I needed it. I've kind of lapsed back into my play style from before the Anniversary game. Believe it or not I used to be a very careful player :P. However, you are right. I have more fun in these games when I am lying and flying by the seat of my pants. I still don't have a lot of information available outside of the names of a few of the subsets and I have erred on the side of trying to hide information from the eliminators. Now that we know our own set members are defecting (!?!) There is little reason to keep things so private. 

Here are my guesses and you can read into them as much or as little as you like. I believe there are five subsets as follows; a kill, a protect, a roleblock, a messenger, and maybe a sequence subset. 

We have confirmed the existence of the legal subset and I believe there is a communications subset. Apply those as you will, I am not interested in telling you which factions I am in or not in. 

I further believe that the eliminator team started with just one member. They had to have at least one to kill Kynedath last night. That being the case, we might have three set sequences in total which would bring the evil team up to four players. The dangerous thing there is the fourth is guaranteed to live past C3 which is a lot of elims for the late game. So maybe 2 set sequences and two ebi agents? 

Also I'll just ask, even though it may not be wise... but is it possible we are all gold ferrings?

9 minutes ago, Elkanah said:

Thank you for the poke! I needed it. I've kind of lapsed back into my play style from before the Anniversary game. Believe it or not I used to be a very careful player :P. However, you are right. I have more fun in these games when I am lying and flying by the seat of my pants. I still don't have a lot of information available outside of the names of a few of the subsets and I have erred on the side of trying to hide information from the eliminators. Now that we know our own set members are defecting (!?!) There is little reason to keep things so private. 

Here are my guesses and you can read into them as much or as little as you like. I believe there are five subsets as follows; a kill, a protect, a roleblock, a messenger, and maybe a sequence subset. 

We have confirmed the existence of the legal subset and I believe there is a communications subset. Apply those as you will, I am not interested in telling you which factions I am in or not in. 

I further believe that the eliminator team started with just one member. They had to have at least one to kill Kynedath last night. That being the case, we might have three set sequences in total which would bring the evil team up to four players. The dangerous thing there is the fourth is guaranteed to live past C3 which is a lot of elims for the late game. So maybe 2 set sequences and two ebi agents? 

Also I'll just ask, even though it may not be wise... but is it possible we are all gold ferrings?

I think that there was only one Sequence- in the books, at least, there was only one. 

I am not a gold ferring. I feel it is likely that there are multiple types of ferrings and mistings.

15 hours ago, Elandera said:

I agree with your assessment of Shane. I don't like the vote, and I really don't like that it actually led to Experience's death, but I also don't see it being a deliberate elim move

I didn't like the vote either. I really just put the vote out there to try and make the odds less for him and in the end, he voted for me at the end and then died. I feel really bad about it. Now about it being at the end of cycle, I worked at the time the cycle ended and when I submitted my vote so I didn't realize it was near the end of cycle. 

I doubt they started with just one elim.  That would be far too low given they can't rely on defections to bolster their numbers.  A 2-3 elim team would be my guess. 

As for defections, I think one defection for Sequence death which we have seen and perhaps one for every 3? Set rank deaths/arrests but only after Sequence dies.  I don't think there would be a reverse defection should we take out the EBI originals given they can just reveal everything though.  Would be cool though if the defections were given a special Doc with the EBIs but the EBIs could stay anonymous so the defections couldn't reveal everything if they flipped again.  Hmm, I might tinker with that idea a bit for one of my own games.

We're more than halfway through this turn and there's not even a lynch discussion going. We have a grand total of two votes, all placed early and mostly for prompting talking. Elkanah (okay, one vote, but I'll finish with another vote), I don't actually want to lynch you, as you are one of the more talkative ones, and it appears we need some prodding toward activity. Also, I just realized I used you as my poke-vote target twice in a row now. I think my subconscious is trying to rid the other "El-" of the game. :P

@Butt Ad Venture, @Rathmaskal, @The_God_King, @Kidpen, @Zillah. What do you have to say about what's been revealed so far? Did you know Kynedath was Sequence before his death?

For now, I'll vote on Abstrusity. Their voting pattern C1 was a bit odd. They jumped pretty quickly on lynching Experience, then did a retaliatory vote on Kidpen while simultaneously saying they didn't think they needed a C1 lynch. @Abstrusity, what say you?

9 hours ago, Elandera said:

@Butt Ad Venture, @Rathmaskal, @The_God_King, @Kidpen, @Zillah. What do you have to say about what's been revealed so far? Did you know Kynedath was Sequence before his death?

I did not know. I would imagine only the Suits knew. If I was the combination, I wouldn't tell anyone not confirmed good, or, just the suits. I think we're all at a loss after what happened. Our glorious leader has been arrested, one member of the Suit has betrayed us, and lots of this game is in docs. And mine is...silent. Or just pretty quiet. *sighs* S'okay though. There isn't much to talk about, but someone has to die. So...as Alvron has stated before, a no-vote is boring. So....

Abstrusity (1): Elandera
Coda (1): Bard

Huh...actually....I kinda like where the lynch is...but...Abstrusity? *reads* Yeah. Yeah Abstrusity. Good luck.

I admit, I'm not opposed to the Abstrusity lynch. I'll place a vote so I can provide more information to the village. I realize I haven't really been very talkative this game, and I'll try to change that. I'd still like to hear from @The_God_King @Zillah @Rathmaskal @Kidpen Can someone else ping TGK? I can't get it to work.

If we aren't all gold ferrings, I find it very interesting that the first two to die were both gold and that they are only killed by a subset or possibly a steel misting. They were killed the only way they could be. It is also interesting given the distinct probability of multiple kills that no one else showed up in the writeup as even having been attacked. It doesn't make sense to include so much passive protection without anticipating multiple night kills. 

Any other thoughts or revelations?

Oh shoot just realized it's only like 2 hours left. I'm not a fan of the Abstrucity lynch, after a reread of the thread I feel like their posts read pretty villagey to me. 

I'm really not sure who else to kill though. Maybe Venture? I'll go through again and explain why/switch my vote, depending.

@The_God_King come post.

Edited by Kidpen

@Elandera I think you misunderstand me, or I misspoke. I thought we did need a C1 lynch, but that Experience was the wrong target. It pains my inner being to vote on someone with no reason, so I seized on Experience as something, anything to target. Kidpen was a good alternative in my book, since retaliation isn't entirely unfounded.

In more general announcements, what do we think about putting more information out there? Perhaps not individual allomantic roles, but there are likely elims in many of the sets so it might help to share that information. As for who to vote on... I cannot come up with any good suspicions right now, but have a vote, Venture.

After the Arrest of the Sequence, discussion got a lot more focused, though no less deadly. First in the spotlight was Catamire Dalageth, though suspicion focused on them disappeared almost as quickly as it came, though rather inexplicably so, almost as if someone had issued a gag order of some sort. 

Soon after though, two other members of the Set were placed under suspicion. Esualpla Dowenger and Mundric Pentasum mutually accused one another of being EBI infiltrators, and soon enough others got involved as well. Tensions rose, and the crowd seemed to turn against Mundric until…

“Oy, could you all listen here for a second!” A usually quiet Scalar had climbed up on a table to address the varied members of the Set and the underlings that had been sent by others to argue on their behalf. “Now, I get why you’re all suspicious of Mundric, I really do. But there’s one thing in his defense that none of you seem to have considered.” A this the young man lifted up his hat and showed it to the crowd. “I bought this hat from Mundric here, and it’s the best hat I’ve ever had. It fits me perfectly, both in size and in style. And I doubt I’m the only one he has furnished with a useful piece of headware.” A general murmur of assent ran through the crowd. “Well, you know what they say about hats, right? ‘If your hat fits, please don’t tear Mundric to bits!’” And with a bow the man jumped down from the table again under a general cheer from the crowd.

Mundric got to live and sell hats for another day. Esualpa, however, was not so lucky. They were quickly taken down while stealthily trying to make their way to an exit, and though they put up a decent fight, they couldn't make it count against the numbers against them, only managing to wound a couple of low-ranked Scalars and Additions before they where overwhelmed and taken down. 

A moment of silence permeated the crowd as the bloodlust settled down again and people got to grips with what they’d done.

Then Rath Maskal burst in through the door that Esualpa had been trying to leave through. “Listen, I’ve found out something about...oh” The man looked down at the corpse at his feet. “Nevermind then… wait, what’s that?” He pointed at a glint of metal visible in one of Esualpa’s torn coat pockets, then knelt down to take it out. “It seems to be a.. badge?”

Butt ad Venture has been lynched, they were an EBI agent and an array in the communications subset

vote tally:

Abstrusity(2): Venture, Elkanah, Elandera

Coda(0): young bard

Venture(3): Abstrusity, Kidpen

player list

Spoiler
  1. Kynedath as Victoria Stadtt The Set's Sequence (and also a gold Ferring)
  2. Xinoehp512 as Yarra
  3. Butt ad Venture as Esualpla Dowenger, EBI agent and array in the communication's subset
  4. Elkanah as Ned, a pencil mustached cane wielder who is definitely neither a creep nor EBI!
  5. Coda as Catamire Dalageth
  6. Alvron as Pete Zahutt
  7. Rathmaskal
  8. Shanerockes, who doesn't know if they'll have a character yet, but we shall see
  9. The_god_king
  10. Elandera
  11. Kidpen
  12. Young Bard as Mister Bubblegum, someone with a fondness (though unfortunately not a talent) for secret names
  13. Abstrusity as Mundric Pentasum, errant purveyor of hats with a troubled past.
  14. Zillah
  15. EXPERIENCE_THE_SHARD as Drahs Xperienc(the x is silent) Gold Ferring Suit in the legal subset

The night has now begun. It'll end in a little under 24 hours, at 6PM EST on the 1st of march

Edited by DeTess

Original post: VINDICATED! YESSSS! HAAATS FOREEEEVERR!

Aside from that, hello? I need to get off now, but Mundric is distributing vellum-lined party hats with long tassels of shining blue fabric flying from them in honor of his survival. Enjoy!

Haha, well I've cleared Abstrusity in my mind now... Until we're told someone else changed sides.

Sorry for almost lynching you :P

Who's the rioter who changed the vote? Way to go! The set is in your debt.

sorry about being awol, I’ve been at a funeral and voting was definitely about as far from my thoughts as anything. Here are my thoughts since I’ve been gone:

Raths last second vote is very suspicious. I understand missing the vote (because I totally did) but throwing a last second deciding vote is a very interesting move. Elkanah and Elandera’s votes were also suspicious and I would like their thoughts @Elkanah@Elandera. Elkanah is usually more chatty (and a bit crazy) and I am definitely worried that is a sign of an Elim.

I would like to also point out that voting with an Elim doesn’t immediately prove guilt.

I will try to be more active!

Well that's a shock. I thought it was Abstrusity for sure. Venture was not on my radar at all. Thanks, secret vote changer. You saved us. I'm going to take a moment to reevaluate my reads. Back in a moment.