Long Game 63: The Set

DeTess

So it's quite unlikely, then. I begged
I learned last game (it's still in progress, technically) that if we don't put in a good semi-random lynch early the elims get quite an advantage. the world to heal its scars again
Can someone please act suspicious so I can vote on them in good conscience? As I cried into oblivion
So, some thoughts on the game. And the victims passed me by
I assume everyone is part of a subset, including the elims. I said
I personally have a trait separate from my set, and it's fairly likely everyone else does too, given how minor it is. The curse has kept us spiraling
I hope no one gave out sensitive info to their set, thinking they were friendly. While the desperate keep on rioting
Elkanah implied he was part of multiple subsets. If we believe his estimate of seven, it is such that with four elims there will be a few subsets that are village only. Interesting. And the greedy plea with lies

7 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

A poke vote seems reasonable enough, for now. Elandera.

@Elandera

I exist!

That's a lot of votes. Yay!

---

Morrigan stepped into the streets of Elendel wishing that rather than the overbearing sun above her, she could be relishing in the misty nights. The nights had always been a comfort to her, cool and quiet, and away from people. Unfortunately, her current assignment mean the necessary evil of associating with lots of people.

"Find the list."

It started with a trip and a little acting at the Sixth Octant's constabulary.

3 hours ago, EXPERIENCE_THE_SHARD said:

I would let Zillah off, but they haven't talked yet and have been browsing, so...

Yeah, the first post is a dreaded one for me. I tend to procrastinate with it simply for the reason that I don't know what to say. There's really not much to discuss or analyze, especially in a blackout game like this. I am personally very excited by the concepts of subsets. I'll definitely have more to say come day two, but this is me officially checking in. 

As things currently stand the only votes are on Bard and Kynedath at one each.  With almost no information to go on, a no vote might be worth considering.

Votes:
Bard (1): Shanerockes
Elkanah (0): God King
Elandera (0): Xino
Kynedath (1): Coda
Zillah (0): Experience

Honestly I think I'd be down for that. Part of it is that I don't want a 50% chance of dying, but I also think that it could work in a game like this! From what I can tell there are various ways to gather information between the subsets and the various allomantic/feruchemical roles, so the lynch may not be necessary. I've never liked lynching day 1 it feels mean and you can verify that in any other game I've played previous to this. I am in support of a no lynch cycle 1.

I disagree, I think. While D1 lynches do seem cruel at times, SE is inevitably a game of information. As Kidpen pointed out, elims are probably in a few of the subsets, which means they start with a lot more information than the village. Gathering and then consolidating the information we could learn from roles will take time, especially in a game with no PMs. A lynch, even one with little reason can give us insight into the mechanics, which may help solve the game. There's also always a chance of hitting an elim by chance, as has happened in several recent games.

Deciding now to not have a vote may also stymie discussion, which though not often useful on D1, can provide clues later when people begin to flip.

However, since I haven't yet found even that little reason to lynch someone, I will pick a target at random. (RNG decided I would be the target first, but I'm going to ignore that. :P Selfish, I know). Elkanah, is there a reason we should not lynch you today?

DeTess

Yay! Lots of good discussion! I’m happy. :D

So, a no-vote? Um...that gives me a 6 percent chance of death. I don’t like that. Rather have someone else who’s guilty with a 100 percent chance of death. So... Alvron One post, and they’re being nice, which means they’re not a killer, so that makes them not a Set. Which, makes them an EBI and someone to be killed.

EBI agents in the docs....oops. I was under the assumption that they weren’t. :lol: Well... *checks* All good then.

Subsets, use your actions well. And do use them. Please? The village will have much less actions than normal because people share them.

Edited by Butt Ad Venture

9 hours ago, Elandera said:

However, since I haven't yet found even that little reason to lynch someone, I will pick a target at random. (RNG decided I would be the target first, but I'm going to ignore that. :P Selfish, I know). Elkanah, is there a reason we should not lynch you today?

XD HAHA, clearly you are the eliminator! The gods of Chance never lie :P

Also, yes! I have two reasons not to vote for me. 1. I am pretty good at getting information for the village. 2. I say in my introduction, I am definitely nether a creep nor EBI. :D

I will throw a vote at Kynedath, because in the set you are guilty until proven innocent. Do you have any proof?

Hmm. That was more or less what I assumed happened, especially considering that ETS is a new player. It still might be relevant, but honestly I prefer to vote on how quickly Abstrucity latched onto it. 

Honestly it's not really an unreasonable decision but I strongly dislike lynching new players C1 unless the evidence is overwhelming. I feel like it gives a bad first impression of SE.

C2 is fine though.