Long Game 63: The Set

DeTess

@EXPERIENCE_THE_SHARD, I quickly wanted to apologize for responding so grumpily. Redoing the same work three times in a row kinda wears me down XD. Anyway, welcome to the Shard, and welcome to SE! If you haven't yet, take a look at the general rules here: 

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask them, and I or others will try to answer them.

The report started with the names and cover-identities of the agents tasked with infiltrating the Set, and the reasons for the operation. She skipped over all that. She knew who she’d sent and she could dream the justification for the operation. Before going over to the next chapter, she picked up a heavy black pen and censored the names of teh agents. Irrespective of what followed next, that was information that’d have to be restricted.

The next couple of chapters detailed the initial infiltration work. Individual contacts, slow but steady progress up into the organisation, as well as the occasional arranged incidents to help the agents climb up quickly. The details of those incidents were quickly censored too. Knowing that her agency had taken such steps was enough. Knowing the exact details wouldn’t help anyone at this point.

And then something had gone wrong. The report provided several theories for the cause, but didn’t provide a definitive conclusion. All that was known for certain was that one of her agents had been found floating face-down in the canal separating Elendel’s 5th and 6th octant, and the Set had started their hunt the next day.

Laurent Ervine has died. He was an EBI agent and an Array within the Communications Subset.

Welcome to LG 63 everyone! Let me quickly repeat the publicly known rules:

• There are two factions, the ‘Elendel Bureau of Investigation Agents’ and ‘the Set’. Either faction wins by either eliminating the other faction entirely, or by reaching a position from which it would be impossible for them to lose.
  • There are no other factions involved.
  • This game consists of a 48 hour day-cycle and a 24-hour night cycle.
  • There is a Lynch during the day-cycle, with no vote minimum and ties settled by random chance.
  • Every night cycle the EBI agents can arrange for the arrest (read: ‘elimination’) of a player.
  • There are no open PM’s, but some roles might allow for the creation of PM’s.
  • The Set is organized in several specialized cells, known as subsets.
  • To be able to submit any sort of action, you need to have posted at least once in the thread that cycle.

This cycle will end Wednesday 6PM EST.

player list:

Spoiler
  1. Kynedath as Victoria Stadtt
  2. Xinoehp512 as Yarra
  3. Butt ad Venture as Esualpla Dowenger
  4. Elkanah as Ned, a pencil mustached cane wielder who is definitely neither a creep nor EBI!
  5. Coda as Catamire Dalageth
  6. Alvron as Pete Zahutt
  7. Rathmaskal
  8. Shanerockes, who doesn't know if they'll have a character yet, but we shall see
  9. The_god_king
  10. Elandera
  11. Kidpen
  12. Young Bard as Mister Bubblegum, someone with a fondness (though unfortunately not a talent) for secret names
  13. Abstrusity as Mundric Pentasum, errant purveyor of hats with a troubled past.
  14. Zillah
  15. EXPERIENCE_THE_SHARD as Drahs Xperienc(the x is silent)

Role PM's are being send out. if you've received none within an hour or so of the cycle going live, please send me a PM.

Edited by DeTess

• Alvron locked and unpinned this topic

Ok. Blackout game. No one knows anything. Unless you do know something. But...you should hold your info to your chest. Or...um...share it so we’re all on even footing? No. That...ruins the spirit of the game and gives the Eliminators too much info. But I’m assuming people know something, which will be good.

I’m...well. I made an agreement to try out stab voting so...Eat stab vote DeTess!

Rust and Ruin this game is going to be so so much fun, I can already tell!

@Butt Ad Venture DeTess is the GM, which I'm sure you're aware of, you're smart and discerning, but I was wondering what you hope to accomplish? If I remember correctly, killing the GM has happened before in a prior game of SE, can I ask what happened? Or if I am incorrect, please let me know, I'm honestly really curious.

6 minutes ago, Kynedath said:

DeTess is the GM, which I'm sure you're aware of, you're smart and discerning, but I was wondering what you hope to accomplish? If I remember correctly, killing the GM has happened before in a prior game of SE, can I ask what happened? Or if I am incorrect, please let me know, I'm honestly really curious.

I made an agreement to use Stab Votes in a game. To myself or someone, I don’t remember. But as a joke I targeted Tess, I’ll use them though. As for prior game GM killing? It ended PMs, closed the Market, and...something else. But I don’t think you can kill GMs in this game seeing as it’s not a Joe or Alv game. :P

8 minutes ago, Butt Ad Venture said:

But I don’t think you can kill GMs in this game seeing as it’s not a Joe or Alv game

I mean it's possible but I don't think it would be the same. Also, hello fellow hoomans. This game is going to be so much fun. As my first post into this, I'm gonna put a poke onto Bard because I need to poke a person. 

45 minutes ago, Butt Ad Venture said:

But I don’t think you can kill GMs in this game seeing as it’s not a Joe or Alv game.

While I like the thought of being on the same GM level as Joe, I don't think any of my games have allowed players to kill the GM. :P  I enjoy living too much I guess.

Um, @The_God_King, I don't think you formatted your ping correctly. Try this.

@Elkanah@Elkanah@Elkanah@Elkanah@Elkanah@Elkanah@Elkanah

That works wonders.

Mundric strolled down the streets of Elendel, a half smile on his face. Today was a good day. The sky was clear and his worries seemed farther away then they'd been in a long time. He was still ruminating on his happiness when he came across a man practicing belly floating in the canal. 

"Hello, sir! How goes it?"

There was no reply. Mildly irritated, Mundric called louder. 

"You there! In the canal! How are you doing?"

Still there was no reply. Getting quite put out at this, Mundric pulled out a metal cord and flung it towards the man, holding on to one end. The small hook on the end flew through the air, and landed quite neatly in the canal. Mundric pulled, catching the hook on the man's fashionable hat and reeling it in. Still the man did not respond. Mundric sighed. People were so rude these days. He tucked the hat into his case and continued on his way.

Hello, my intrepid friend! How goes it? Do reply.

10 hours ago, The_God_King said:

I'm going to poke Elkanah @Elkanah so he can get his shenanigans started

Shenanigans! I'll have you know I take these games with the utmost seriousness :P

1 hour ago, Abstrusity said:

I suppose it does! It got me to post after all. XD

I will volunteer that I am a member of between (-1) and (3) subsets inclusive. I also have reason to suspect there are seven subsets total with some overlap of membership. 

15 hours ago, DeTess said:

Welcome to LG 63 everyone! Let me quickly repeat the publicly known rules:

• There are two factions, the ‘Elendel Bureau of Investigation Agents’ and ‘the Set’. Either faction wins by either eliminating the other faction entirely, or by reaching a position from which it would be impossible for them to lose.
  • There are no other factions involved.
  • Every night cycle the EBI agents can arrange for the arrest (read: ‘elimination’) of a player.

The first 'things I know' is the two factions have the same goal which made me suspicious that the two factions might have the same number of players and we are dealing with a blackout faction kind of game. After all, in none of the 'things I know' are we told the EBI have a doc to conspire in. However, the fifth (third quoted) 'things I know' says they can eliminate a player... which would be hard without a doc to conspire in and gives them an advantage over the Set if we were given an equal number of players. Although, there is an idea! I'll let you know I don't believe this to be the case, but what if the EBI all have to submit their kills via GM pm without knowing who their teammates are?! They would have a silent vote and maybe start jailing their own XD. I was going to admit to being a part of the Set, but maybe that's what they want us to do. If we start admitting to crimes, they have all power to arrest.

To all members of the EBI, 

I am definitely not a part of the set... I am just a consultant to the paranoia subset and thus a normal villager. Feeding people to the spiral is so fun!

1 minute ago, Rathmaskal said:

Hello folks.  One thing I'm curious about is whether the EBI could have infiltrated any of the subsets?

16 hours ago, DeTess said:

Laurent Ervine has died. He was an EBI agent and an Array within the Communications Subset.

Yep. Laurent was EBI and was in the Communications subset.

1 hour ago, Rathmaskal said:

Elim team is likely 4 players with this number of people?

4 elims makes the most sense.

1 hour ago, Elkanah said:

The first 'things I know' is the two factions have the same goal which made me suspicious that the two factions might have the same number of players and we are dealing with a blackout faction kind of game. After all, in none of the 'things I know' are we told the EBI have a doc to conspire in. However, the fifth (third quoted) 'things I know' says they can eliminate a player... which would be hard without a doc to conspire in and gives them an advantage over the Set if we were given an equal number of players. Although, there is an idea! I'll let you know I don't believe this to be the case, but what if the EBI all have to submit their kills via GM pm without knowing who their teammates are?! They would have a silent vote and maybe start jailing their own XD. I was going to admit to being a part of the Set, but maybe that's what they want us to do. If we start admitting to crimes, they have all power to arrest.

Thematically it doesn't make sense to have an equal number of EBI to Set members. And even more than that the eliminating players mechanic that we know of points towards a standard game rather than a faction game. I highly doubt a faction game is what we are facing.