One of them will destroy us

Passion

The blurb on the back of the way of kings ends off one of them will destroy us while one of them may save us. (Something like that; I don’t remember the exact wording) 

Who is us? I don’t think it means the people of Rosh are. I mean the books won’t end with humanity losing will they? It must refer to the shards honor and cultivation. Or maybe all of them in the whole cosmere. That’s what I think

The blurb is written by the Sleepless who are Dysian Aimians, of whom we've seen two samples. So "us" could refer to Aimians, Dysians, Sleepless, or even the particular Sleepless that wrote that blurb, since a single Sleepless is rather......multitudinous...

I wonder if what they're worried about is the destruction of whatever Sleepless civilization may or may not exist on Aimia or in other places. Or maybe that particular Sleepless would end up conscripted into fighting in a Desolation that very well might kill them, since we did see what appears to be the corpse of one in one of the visions.

It does not necessarily have to happen, since future sight in the cosmere is a very unreliable thing. It's only something that the Sleepless see as a future possibility that's likely enough for them to phrase ìt as "will" instead of "could". Still, they don't know for sure, they just can't.

The text alludes to Szeth, Kaladin, Shallan and Dalinar before, so it has to be "one of" those. Szeth would have been a possibility, but his arc has moved him away from destroying things. As for Kaladin and Shallan, I don't see a lot possibilities of how one of them would destroy "them", regardless of who exactly is meant with that. However, we've already seen Dalinar on the verge of destroying a lot of things (most probably including the Sleepless). For all we know, there was only a fraction of a chance that Dalinar wouldn't become Odium's champion. So it's plausible that this is what they saw - the very same thing that Renarin saw.

• Chaos locked this topic