Who LOVES The Legend of Zelda!

Boomerang Guy

9 minutes ago, Eluvianii said:

I'm playing without glitches for now but I'm intrigued (particularly because I understood none of that (except that the last one probably is making rafts fly, which I still don't know how to do)). 

Flying machines use two minecarts on top of each other and using magnesis on the bottom one.

Ok couldn't resist trying that. I don't know if I did it right but I flew about 5 meters before the top cart plummeted into the lava.

Edit: Tried a second time but with a crate on top. It's still difficult and I still fell a few times (and lost a few carts) but it did get me this

Spoiler

IMG_20210331_011813.jpg.fe37cee13714507d3281fa6d08040818.jpg

IMG_20210331_012644.jpg.a27e1cc62711f18e8b44c843b97411cb.jpg

so no regrets. Thank you for telling me about this. 

Edited by Eluvianii

• 4 weeks later...

Breath of the Wild is one of the best games of all times, the only problem is that the boundary between reality and the simulated reality of Hyrule has begun to blur. When walking my dogs through the wilds of Oregon, I have found quite a few Koroks (Spoilered below because they're animated gif) 

Spoiler

The classic under the rock Korok

Spoiler

20210421_124004.gif.077686edaf9ea9a0fdb856cd9aaf7c42.gif

The toss the rock into the pillars challenge

Spoiler

20210426_184928.gif.2ad496faac75388818b3e7b29a9b79ad.gif

And the shoot the clay jar in the hollow of a tree challenge

Spoiler

20210427_162042.gif.5b6d71511cab0d40bf444d4899ee3a9e.gif

I'm going to try eating some raw fish and see if that replenishes my hearts.... 

1 hour ago, Hoiditthroughthegrapevine said:

Breath of the Wild is one of the best games of all times, the only problem is that the boundary between reality and the simulated reality of Hyrule has begun to blur. When walking my dogs through the wilds of Oregon, I have found quite a few Koroks (Spoilered below because they're animated gif) 

Hide contents

The classic under the rock Korok

Reveal hidden contents

20210421_124004.gif.077686edaf9ea9a0fdb856cd9aaf7c42.gif

The toss the rock into the pillars challenge

Reveal hidden contents

20210426_184928.gif.2ad496faac75388818b3e7b29a9b79ad.gif

And the shoot the clay jar in the hollow of a tree challenge

Hide contents

20210427_162042.gif.5b6d71511cab0d40bf444d4899ee3a9e.gif

I'm going to try eating some raw fish and see if that replenishes my hearts.... 

Yes, the line between game and reality is close to non-existent now. On occasion I've looked up to the moon at night to check if it's red or not, and the other day I saw a grasshopper while going to the store and almost tried to catch it, remembering I was short on those. 

1 hour ago, Eluvianii said:

Yes, the line between game and reality is close to non-existent now. On occasion I've looked up to the moon at night to check if it's red or not, and the other day I saw a grasshopper while going to the store and almost tried to catch it, remembering I was short on those. 

Hahaha, my daughters and I were checking the butterflies on a recent dog walk to see if they might have some beneficial effects if we cooked them up with some deer bones (lots of hunters use the BLM trails in Oregon, and one of my dogs is a deer bone coniseur.)

I was just out looking for Morrels, and I turned over a burned out log and found a hightail lizard:

20210426_150026.thumb.jpg.eab4740f017fc2b39b0adef876bd5ce4.jpg

And later I found a hot footed frog:

20210428_215617.thumb.jpg.a25c2236895aeec6715d5e08d95656d5.jpg

Edited by Hoiditthroughthegrapevine

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/5/2021 at 2:29 PM, Channelknight Fadran said:

DUDE SAME. Man, that game was so hard...

Some parts are fun hard, but other parts are just annoying. (I'm looking at you, rooms filled with darknuts...) Other parts aren't even hard annoying, just annoying. (Specifically, Death Mountain if you didn't get the Big Key.)

Loosely related note, I'm also on Ganon's Tower in A Link to the Past. The problem is, I'm pretty sure I've used up all my keys and am now softlocked. I technically have a restore point before entering it, but it's also before doing Turtle Rock, and I don't particularly feel like redoing it.

Second loosely related note, while I was doing Turtle Rock the first time, I used a blue potion on the exact frame as I went through a door. For some reason it pulled up the ocarina warp menu. This was really weird because, a. it was in the Dark world, b. it was in a dungeon, c. I was on a blue potion and not the ocarina. I pressed B to exit the menu, forgetting that B selects a warp point, and it dropped me off at Death Mountain's base. In the LIght World. And I was swimming on dry ground. I pulled up the map, but it still said I was in Turtle Rock. When I exited the map... it looked really weird. Think the classic "glitch look" on the entire screen except for Link. (And maybe the UI. I don't completely remember.) At this point, I forgot to take pictures and closed the game, ending the glitch. (Actually, now that I think about it, I made a restore point in an unsuccessful attempt to repeat it.) 

Summary: Original Zelda is hard, A Link to the Past Ganon can softlock you, and blue potions and doors don't mix.

For 2d I'd be hard pressed to choose between Link's Awakening (my first Zelda game) or the Oracle games; with Link to the Past coming in a solid 3rd after those.

I don't think I ever managed to beat the original Zelda, though I have gotten to the last dungeon.  my bane in that game are Wizrobes.  without whirling blade, or even just the ability to hold out my sword, I have a much harder time hitting them before they phase back out.

I've tried to beat the OG several times, but only actually succeeded in my most recent playthrough. Link's Awakening was SO GOOD (I played the switch version), and Link to the Past absolutely blew me away. And the trick to the Wizzrobes is to pray to the Almighty that they'll randomly appear in front of your sword blade.

9 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Of course Zeltik too. I watch him, Monster Maze, MaskedNintendoBandit, uhh... are there others? I don't watch Dr. Wily often but I have seen his videos.

YOOOO!!!!

Well, seems to confirm Gandorf is under Hyrule castle theory.

And I do believe that was Link phasing through stone.

I really want to play this.