Who LOVES The Legend of Zelda!

Boomerang Guy

14 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

I haven't had a chance to play a ton of them, because I don't have all the right systems. I have a Wii and a Switch, and have played Twilight Princess & Breath of the Wild.

Or, rather... those are the games I've played on their official systems.

I've taken the liberty of downloading some of the pixilated ones on my computer (how legal is this? Dunno). Through emulators I've completed Link to the Past and Minish Cap, and have played TLoZ, The Oracle Games, and Link's Awakening. I am looking forward to playing Skyward Sword (hopefully I can borrow it from my friend), and am considering buying the revamp of Awakening for the Switch.

I own the Encyclopedia and the Hyrule Historia, and have spent the better part of a month trying to make a full D&D-style LoZ RPG game. If anyone's interested in assisting me, lemme know and I can make a forum page for it.

In the meanwhile, though, you can find me impatiently awaiting BotW 2 whilst playing every theme song from Song of Storms, to Full Steam Ahead, to Sidon's Theme on the piano.

Lit, you can always go to a friend's house to play the games. I have to play LttP (Link to the past) on the computer so it's freaking hard, that's cool though how you completed it.(best Zelda game ever) I to own the Encyclopedia, and in my opinion it's the best one. Oh and I can't Freaking wait for BotW 2.

So so so so so so so so so so sorry about the double post.

Edited by Feruchemal Panda

9 minutes ago, Feruchemal Panda said:

Lit, you can always go to a friend's house to play the games. I have to play LttP (Link to the past) on the computer so it's freaking hard, that's cool though how you completed it.(best Zelda game ever) I to own the Encyclopedia, and in my opinion it's the best one. Oh and I can't Freaking wait for BotW 2.

So so so so so so so so so so sorry about the double post.

Link to the Past is the best Zelda game! I wholeheartedly agree. I practically cried during the credits. Either that or Twilight Princess, but I'm biased 'cause that was the first one I played.

And no worries! I don't judge (usually)

Edited by Channelknight Fadran

29 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Link to the Past is the best Zelda game! I wholeheartedly agree. I practically cried during the credits. Either that or Twilight Princess, but I'm biased 'cause that was the first one I played.

And no worries! I don't judge (usually)

Yes Finally!!!:D There hasn't been anyone else you LOVES the Link to the Past.

1 hour ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

I've taken the liberty of downloading some of the pixilated ones on my computer (how legal is this? Dunno). Through emulators

I own the Encyclopedia and the Hyrule Historia

In the meanwhile, though, you can find me impatiently awaiting BotW 2 whilst playing every theme song from Song of Storms, to Full Steam Ahead, to Sidon's Theme on the piano.

SAME!:D

SAME!!:D:D

I so WISH i could play the piano. (I play the Tuba though) That's Spectacular! My bro also plays zelda on piano too.

3 hours ago, Feruchemal Panda said:

Definitely good. I personally think the PH touch pad controls aren't terrible but their ok. I also think the story line is freaking awesome, but there are some better ones like Link to the past and Ocarina of Time. Twilight Princess though is my third favorite zelda game and this story line is even better.   

I will say that I did like the idea of returning to the main cave with more skills and more sand to delve ever deeper.  that mechanic appealed to me.  I also think that the pared down world works better than the Wind Waker world it was based on.  To me Wind Waker always felt to big and empty - there was a lot of water, and even most of the islands werent worth visiting more than once.  the PH world, I felt, struck a better balance.  And I think I menitoned earlier, or possibly in a different thread, but PH and Spirit Tracks have a few really interesting boss fights; though its been long enough since I played either that I dont remember which ones anymore.

Twilight Princess gets points from me for doing the double clawshot, which was really fun, and the reveal when you get the second one was just sort of baffling until you came to the realization of what it meant.  I also liked the dungeon designs, especially snowpeak.  they felt more like real places, instead of like most zelda (and other video game) dungeons which sort of tend to be a bit contrived.  on the down side - my game froze on me at the final fight with the main villain guy (gant?) and i never quite did get back to it.

11 hours ago, Dunkum said:

Twilight Princess gets points from me for doing the double clawshot, which was really fun, and the reveal when you get the second one was just sort of baffling until you came to the realization of what it meant.  I also liked the dungeon designs, especially snowpeak.  they felt more like real places, instead of like most zelda (and other video game) dungeons which sort of tend to be a bit contrived.

The Double Clawshot was the coolest single item ever to be introduced to a Zelda game. One would think that being spiderman in a Zelda game would be stupid but nope! Snowpeak was a fave of mine, too, but I have to say that the Arbiter's Grounds are my absolute favorite. First off, it gives us the spinner, a completely useless but also freaking awesome item. Second off, the boss battle at the end was probably the most fun I've done in ages. Not to mention that it started the game off onto a whole new plotline at the end.

And also... it's in Breath of the Wild, if you look hard enough. There's a shrine quest at the Arbiter's Grounds in Gerudo Desert if you can find it. Felt good to relive the nostalgia.

17 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

The Double Clawshot was the coolest single item ever to be introduced to a Zelda game. One would think that being spiderman in a Zelda game would be stupid but nope! Snowpeak was a fave of mine, too, but I have to say that the Arbiter's Grounds are my absolute favorite. First off, it gives us the spinner, a completely useless but also freaking awesome item. Second off, the boss battle at the end was probably the most fun I've done in ages. Not to mention that it started the game off onto a whole new plotline at the end.

And also... it's in Breath of the Wild, if you look hard enough. There's a shrine quest at the Arbiter's Grounds in Gerudo Desert if you can find it. Felt good to relive the nostalgia.

I remember hanging out with a friend of mine while he was doing the sky dungeon, and when he finally got to the item chest we were both excited to see what it was going to be, and it was ...a second clawshot??  and we are sitting there trying to figure out what is going on until he got to an area where you can use it, and suddenly its the coolest thing in the world.

and yea BotW has references to a lot of places though.  I was a little sad that the Tal Tal heights location didnt have an egg-shaped rock formation at the top.

34 minutes ago, Dunkum said:

And yea BotW has references to a lot of places though.  I was a little sad that the Tal Tal heights location didnt have an egg-shaped rock formation at the top.

Mido Swamp and Saria Lake in the Lost Woods... Bridge of Hyrule... Even the rusting Mirror of Twilight! Not to mention the obvious ones: Death Mountain, Zora's Domain, and (of course) Hyrule Castle. There's also Linebeck Island, The Crenel Hills, and Mabe village, which makes me wanna cry but NOT TODAY, TEARS.

• 2 months later...

I just need to put myself in this thread. 

Beaten: Breath of the Wild, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker HD

Working on: Original, A Link to the Past

Frustratingly close to beating but that last boss phase is SO RUSTING DIFFICULT: Minish Cap (Vaati phase 3)

32 minutes ago, Enter a username said:

I just need to put myself in this thread. 

Beaten: Breath of the Wild, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker HD

Working on: Original, A Link to the Past

Frustratingly close to beating but that last boss phase is SO RUSTING DIFFICULT: Minish Cap (Vaati phase 3)

Majora's mask is one I havent been able to beat.  i need to get back to it, but its hard to find the time for console gaming these days.

Not mainline but I've been playing a lot of Hyrule Warriors Legends these past few days.

I can't believe it, I expected it to be good, fun, but this is amazing.

The amount of fanservice is astounding in a good way, the soundtrack is godly and the gameplay which I was told was repetitive and boring is frenetic and intense and addictive instead.

Also it never ends. I'm only 13 hours in but I've already beaten what appear to be, 2 main storylines? And there are more, side stories apparently, and maybe more main, I don't know, it wouldn't surprise me (I mean, I haven't seen credits rolling yet) and I wouldn't complain.

Really surprised with how good this is.

9 hours ago, Eluvianii said:

Not mainline but I've been playing a lot of Hyrule Warriors Legends these past few days.

I can't believe it, I expected it to be good, fun, but this is amazing.

The amount of fanservice is astounding in a good way, the soundtrack is godly and the gameplay which I was told was repetitive and boring is frenetic and intense and addictive instead.

Also it never ends. I'm only 13 hours in but I've already beaten what appear to be, 2 main storylines? And there are more, side stories apparently, and maybe more main, I don't know, it wouldn't surprise me (I mean, I haven't seen credits rolling yet) and I wouldn't complain.

Really surprised with how good this is.

But it’s not canon...

On a separate note, I’ve got the GameCube version of Windwaker, and a Wii to play it on, but I just need that GameCube remote to hook up to the Wii. Hopefully I’ll find it soon, because I’ve heard so many great things about Windwaker!

1 hour ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

But it’s not canon...

On a separate note, I’ve got the GameCube version of Windwaker, and a Wii to play it on, but I just need that GameCube remote to hook up to the Wii. Hopefully I’ll find it soon, because I’ve heard so many great things about Windwaker!

Windwaker is amazing. I played it on the wii u and loved it. The soundtrack blew me away and there were some really interesting puzzles. Also, the deku leaf is awesome.

I have also beaten twilight princess and breath of the wild.

4 hours ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

But it’s not canon...

If the Nasuverse and the SMT universe taught me something, it's that anything can be canon if you want it to be.

Also yeah, Wind Waker is great, one of the best final battles out there. Beware of generic controllers, some last but others don't, original ones can be thrice the price but it's worth it.

• 1 month later...

It's been a while since I've posted. (It's been a while since anyone's posted!) I've recently gotten back into Breath of the Wild, and I've even glitched myself a few hundred gems. I've started a new save file, gotten into Ruta, pulled the Master Sword, beaten Waterblight, skipped the Trial of the Sword, beaten Fireblight and Thunderblight, gotten into Medoh, and glitched myself those hundreds of gems. And then glitched myself an extra heart and stamina.

Since posting, I've also beaten Windblight, completed the One Hit Obliterator, Done the three Ruta challenges, and also I a few shrines. (All typos are not typos)

Edited by Enter a username

• 2 weeks later...