Who LOVES The Legend of Zelda!

Boomerang Guy

On 1/22/2023 at 2:43 AM, Eluvianii said:

So here's a thing I didn't know could happen. In my BotW rerun there's this one npc in Hateno that spawned underground first time I visited. Now, about a beast and 40 shrines later, he's still underground. Whatever went wrong when he loaded for the first time seems to be permanent. Though I guess twice is coincidence. Will have to keep an eye on him on future visits. 

I'm kind of late but this happened to some of my siblings.

21 hours ago, Witless of Shinovar said:
On 1/25/2023 at 3:06 PM, Enter a username said:

It’s possible to do Majora’s Mask’s dungeons out of order!

Ninja’d

wait, WHAT!?!?! 

Due to Majora’s Mask’s time loop mechanic, later dungeons can only be blocked off with item progression rather than story progression. And since there’s nothing stopping you from just leaving the dungeon after collecting the dungeon item, you can complete the dungeons in whatever order you want. (Without glitches, you still have to start them in the intended order, but they reset whenever you go back to the first day.)

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Sure that's cool and all but have you ever deliberately gone for Vah Naboris first?

No.

Thunderblight is one of the few bosses that actually poses a challenge, so I prefer to save it for last as he gets more HP that way.

3 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Thunderblight is

Hide contents

in fact

Hide contents
  Hide contents

easy claps

Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents

You just gotta kill a lynel, get its bow, and mash bullet time bomb arrows at the boi every time you stunlock him.

Oh all the bosses are easy, Thunderblight is just the one that most resembles difficulty.

I'm going to analyze ALLLLLLLLLLL of it:

Spoiler
  • At roughly 5 seconds in you can see the spiral of green light... out in Hyrule Field. Basically, we were right to assume they were under Hyrule Castle all this time.
  • There are other specks of light here and there but I think they're just buildings
  • 9 seconds: Are those argaroks? Or... "kargarok" as the wiki seems to think theyr'e called? I wonder why they're so green (maybe they're the ones causing the lightning storm). They're around that mud pit ex-training grounds by where the Woodland tower used to be, it seems
  • 00:14 - There seems to be, like... anti-malice. Looks like soul goop. Like liquid Luminous Stone. And then those glowing towers... definitely not sheikah. I guess they're zonai then
  • 00:24 - Are those lizalfos mining? Are we finally gonna get to see where the baddies get their weapons from? And is that choppy boi wearing a backpack? At first I thought it was an imprisoned goron but nope. And what are those spooky blue candlelights doing off to the right?
  • 00:30 - Obviously, a Ganondorf VA is friggin goated... but what's with that three-headed fire dragon? Is that a fire aquamentus???
  • 00:33 - There's another spooky green light pillar in Hateno Village? I'm pretty sure that's not where the blue flame furnace was. Are they gonna be all over Hyrule? Are they the Tears we're looking for?
  • 00:42 - Obviously it's awesome that the Blood Moon makes a return and that we get a better look at these big boi baddie.
  • 00:57 - Look at that. Hyrule castle just covered in malice. But if I'm not mistaken that's also Epona that Link is riding.
  • 1:00 - Floor guardian! We still get to worry about sheikah stuff! Hooray!
  • 1:02 - BIG BOY BOKO
  • 1:03 - Hinox with a HAT. And a... soul ball?
  • 1:06 - More Epona-looking horse. And uh... is that a malice beast vibing in the background? A hinox... boulder... thing?
  • 1:08 - KARGAROK UBER
  • 1:09 - Moblins with HATS.
  • 1:10 - HOLY MOLY IT'S A SOUL-POWERED ZONAI ROBOT
  • 1:11 - Just a few frames of Ganondorf. Malice is coming out the place where the hand was holding him (he is TOTALLY the TP version)
  • 1:13 - Is he magicking the castle into the sky???
  • 1:14 - Ew.
  • 1:15 - I find your lack of faith... disturbing.
  • 1:18 - Yooooo lots of islands. Some have bridges, some are tall... one's a cube. There's glow coming from what I think is Satori mountain, though I could be completely off with my BotW geography.
  • 1:21 - There the glow is again! Maybe not Satori mountain.
  • 1:25 - Zonai floor inscriptions? Distant zonai towers? Weird mud mound? And there's a distant, semi-invisible cube... Are some flying islands invisible?
  • 1:26 - More kargarok and - what the -
  • 1:29 - SHIELD SURF GRIND and BOKOBLINS WITH HATS. There's more mining... what're all the enemies digging up?
  • 1:30 - Wonderful. More apparatus gameplay. And uh... a weird tentacle dome in the background.
  • 1:31 - THAT'S A CAVE. WE GET TO EXPLORE CAVES. THERE ARE CAVE TALUSES. AND ALSO CANNON HAMMERS.
  • 1:33 - The hand has a body??? Or is that... it might be Zelda. There are half-pot thingies in the background. And then Link takes their hand and......
  • 1:36 WAIT ARE WE ABSORBING ZELDA?????
  • 1:38 - We have to collect parts... Do we get to friggin Bad Piggies our own rough riders together????
  • 1:42 - Balloon. And the same weird air pillar from earlier... it looks like the same design as the glowy hand thing now that I look at it. And ALSO DEATH MOUNTAIN IS SPITTING MALICE.
  • 1:42 - Sky temple, floating orb, and more Bad Piggies fenangling. 
  • 1:45 - That is a rock that is falling from the sky. And more zonai towers. And some LIT DISTORTION MUSIC.
  • 1:58 - MALICE HAND
  • 2:06 - We're going down with her? Is the glowy hand thing supposed to save us both? ARE WE ABSORBING ZELDA???

Overall thoughts:

Spoiler
  • I hope Ganondorf's voice grows on us hehe
  • The lightning is soul-colored? Is everything soul-colored?
  • Lots of soul-powered stuff. Definitely very ethical of the zonai to use the deceased as a power source.
  • The monsters are digging for something... but what?
  • That's gotta be Epona
  • ARE WE ABSORBING ZELDA??? IS THIS SPIRIT TRACKS ALL OVER AGAIN???
  • Gameplay thoughts:
    • Vehicle construction! I think it'd be awesome if we get to design and use our own but more likely than not there'll be presets for them.
    • With all this soul stuff... maybe the Tears are ToTKs spirit orb equivalents? It looks like you can get them from all over Hyrule and in lots of different ways.
    • Shield Surf Grind.

4 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

I'm going to analyze ALLLLLLLLLLL of it:

Hide contents
  • At roughly 5 seconds in you can see the spiral of green light... out in Hyrule Field. Basically, we were right to assume they were under Hyrule Castle all this time.
  • There are other specks of light here and there but I think they're just buildings
  • 9 seconds: Are those argaroks? Or... "kargarok" as the wiki seems to think theyr'e called? I wonder why they're so green (maybe they're the ones causing the lightning storm). They're around that mud pit ex-training grounds by where the Woodland tower used to be, it seems
  • 00:14 - There seems to be, like... anti-malice. Looks like soul goop. Like liquid Luminous Stone. And then those glowing towers... definitely not sheikah. I guess they're zonai then
  • 00:24 - Are those lizalfos mining? Are we finally gonna get to see where the baddies get their weapons from? And is that choppy boi wearing a backpack? At first I thought it was an imprisoned goron but nope. And what are those spooky blue candlelights doing off to the right?
  • 00:30 - Obviously, a Ganondorf VA is friggin goated... but what's with that three-headed fire dragon? Is that a fire aquamentus???
  • 00:33 - There's another spooky green light pillar in Hateno Village? I'm pretty sure that's not where the blue flame furnace was. Are they gonna be all over Hyrule? Are they the Tears we're looking for?
  • 00:42 - Obviously it's awesome that the Blood Moon makes a return and that we get a better look at these big boi baddie.
  • 00:57 - Look at that. Hyrule castle just covered in malice. But if I'm not mistaken that's also Epona that Link is riding.
  • 1:00 - Floor guardian! We still get to worry about sheikah stuff! Hooray!
  • 1:02 - BIG BOY BOKO
  • 1:03 - Hinox with a HAT. And a... soul ball?
  • 1:06 - More Epona-looking horse. And uh... is that a malice beast vibing in the background? A hinox... boulder... thing?
  • 1:08 - KARGAROK UBER
  • 1:09 - Moblins with HATS.
  • 1:10 - HOLY MOLY IT'S A SOUL-POWERED ZONAI ROBOT
  • 1:11 - Just a few frames of Ganondorf. Malice is coming out the place where the hand was holding him (he is TOTALLY the TP version)
  • 1:13 - Is he magicking the castle into the sky???
  • 1:14 - Ew.
  • 1:15 - I find your lack of faith... disturbing.
  • 1:18 - Yooooo lots of islands. Some have bridges, some are tall... one's a cube. There's glow coming from what I think is Satori mountain, though I could be completely off with my BotW geography.
  • 1:21 - There the glow is again! Maybe not Satori mountain.
  • 1:25 - Zonai floor inscriptions? Distant zonai towers? Weird mud mound? And there's a distant, semi-invisible cube... Are some flying islands invisible?
  • 1:26 - More kargarok and - what the -
  • 1:29 - SHIELD SURF GRIND and BOKOBLINS WITH HATS. There's more mining... what're all the enemies digging up?
  • 1:30 - Wonderful. More apparatus gameplay. And uh... a weird tentacle dome in the background.
  • 1:31 - THAT'S A CAVE. WE GET TO EXPLORE CAVES. THERE ARE CAVE TALUSES. AND ALSO CANNON HAMMERS.
  • 1:33 - The hand has a body??? Or is that... it might be Zelda. There are half-pot thingies in the background. And then Link takes their hand and......
  • 1:36 WAIT ARE WE ABSORBING ZELDA?????
  • 1:38 - We have to collect parts... Do we get to friggin Bad Piggies our own rough riders together????
  • 1:42 - Balloon. And the same weird air pillar from earlier... it looks like the same design as the glowy hand thing now that I look at it. And ALSO DEATH MOUNTAIN IS SPITTING MALICE.
  • 1:42 - Sky temple, floating orb, and more Bad Piggies fenangling. 
  • 1:45 - That is a rock that is falling from the sky. And more zonai towers. And some LIT DISTORTION MUSIC.
  • 1:58 - MALICE HAND
  • 2:06 - We're going down with her? Is the glowy hand thing supposed to save us both? ARE WE ABSORBING ZELDA???

Overall thoughts:

Reveal hidden contents
  • I hope Ganondorf's voice grows on us hehe
  • The lightning is soul-colored? Is everything soul-colored?
  • Lots of soul-powered stuff. Definitely very ethical of the zonai to use the deceased as a power source.
  • The monsters are digging for something... but what?
  • That's gotta be Epona
  • ARE WE ABSORBING ZELDA??? IS THIS SPIRIT TRACKS ALL OVER AGAIN???
  • Gameplay thoughts:
    • Vehicle construction! I think it'd be awesome if we get to design and use our own but more likely than not there'll be presets for them.
    • With all this soul stuff... maybe the Tears are ToTKs spirit orb equivalents? It looks like you can get them from all over Hyrule and in lots of different ways.
    • Shield Surf Grind.

Did you see the spirit vessel that Link has on his waist?