Who LOVES The Legend of Zelda!

Boomerang Guy

3 minutes ago, Shining Silhouette said:

That's honestly tragic.

But I don't blame you. It's tough to get into that one if you haven't played it before

I'll try it again someday.

Just now, Nameless said:

The Legend of Zelda and Skyward Sword (on the wii).

Hm. I certainly don't blame your opinion in that case.

5 minutes ago, Eluvianii said:

I can't be the only person here who absolutely adores the motion controls. Both in TP and SS. 

Yeah, they were a little annoying starting out, but once I got used to it (and got a new nunchuck so I could use my shield and roll) it was pretty fun.

10 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

What your favorite Zelda game says about you:

Reveal hidden contents
  • The Legend of Zelda
    • You eat raw steak and drink straight vinegar. After brushing your teeth you have a nighttime snack of orange juice. You do nuzlockes and damageless challenges. Overall you're built of something stronger than steel because this game is SOMETHING ELSE.
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
    • We don't serve your kind.
  • A Link to the Past:
    • You have the correct opinions. On occasion you'll fight the Ocarina of Time enthusiasts over which game was the most influential, and would testify over the bible in the supreme court that this game's graphics are still some of the best in Zelda history.
  • Link's Awakening:
    • The Ballad of the Windfish actually makes you cry everytime, and you're hell-bent on proving that Marin is Link's greatest love of all the timeline. You're partial to Link to the Past and the Oracle games, knowing full well that the Hero of Legend is the greatest Link of them all. You also subtly look the other way whenever someone mentions the Anglerfish.
  • Ocarina of Time:
    • You're basic. You played this on the 3DS and take Zeltik's word as law when it comes to the lore. Have you ever even had an opinion of your own? Or do you just go with what everybody else says in order to "not offend" anyone?
    • Either that or you're older than us kids here and actually legitimately enjoyed playing this back in the days of the N64. In that case, you may proceed. Respect to you.
  • Majora's Mask:
    • You've somehow forgotten that everyone seems to believe that OoT is the greatest Zelda game of all time. You preach to people about how the game is darker than the others, with Link "coming to terms with his own death." Chances are you vote Child Era Hero of Time for which Link would win in a fight every time because of the Fierce Deity mask.
  • Oracle of Seasons and Ages:
    • Your favorite is Oracle of Seasons. Let's face it. That one was just better than Ages. Because of that, you fight people who bunch the two games together in their tier lists or whatever. You thoroughly enjoyed the Link's Awakening remix and anxiously await a remake for these as well.
  • Wind Waker:
    • You're a Linkus fan. You hate Skyward Sword. Either you fight people who side with OoT or ally with them in order to fight the fans of other 3D games.
  • Four Swords (Adventures):
    • You have friends.
  • The Minish Cap:
    • "MINISH CAP IS THE MOST UNDERRATED ZELDA GAME." You fight people who complain about the kinstone pieces, knowing full well that very few of them have actually played the game and experienced them for themselves.
  • Twilight Princess:
    • You're a goshdang boss and know your stuff. The Wii motion controls were terrible. The graphics were not great. But hot dang was this game something else. You've likely never touched the HD version unless you speedrun the game. Twilight Princess Link is the hottest and you know it.
  • Phantom Hourglass:
    • "It's better than Spirit Tracks."
  • Spirit Tracks:
    • "It's better than Phantom Hourglass."
  • Skyward Sword:
    • You got this game on the Switch and played without the motion controls. If you played this on the Wii then you chose Twilight Princess as your favorite. Either way, you fight the Wind Waker people.
  • Link Between Worlds:
    • It is not a remake of Link to the Past. You only say that if you haven't played the 2D equivalent and just want to defend your cute little 3DS game. Those who have played both legitimately understand the differences and enjoy this one more purely out of its own merit rather than to fight the hardcore fans.
  • Tri Force Heroes:
    • You have friends.
  • Breath of the Wild:
    • You haven't played any other Zelda games. It's understandable: a lot of the others are rather inaccessible now, and the ones that've been ported to Switch are just not as good. We respect you and appreciate the attention for the franchise, but frankly you're far from a hardcore fan. Either that or you used to stand by Ocarina of Time as the GOAT and switched to BotW just to increase your Basic stat.
  • Tears of the Kingdom:
    • Hey, welcome from the future! You believe that the sequel was even better than the original, praising the graphics, mechanics, and storyline. It's likely that BotW was your first Zelda game, and you absolutely adore the open world aspect of both games.

Just 'cause I was bored.

I think you forget that Twilight Princess was released for the Gamecube as well as the Wii.  some people played it with the GC controller first and not the janky motion controls.

and for what its worth - on first playthrough I think Breath of the Wild Stands out as best, but it doesn't quite old up to repeated plays.  the exploration aspect is excellent, but once you've explored the whole world once, later playthroughs lose a lot of their luster.  for replayability, the 2d games hold up best, IMO

12 hours ago, Eluvianii said:

I can't be the only person here who absolutely adores the motion controls. Both in TP and SS. 

I love them too! They just aren't that great.

11 hours ago, Dunkum said:

I think you forget that Twilight Princess was released for the Gamecube as well as the Wii.  some people played it with the GC controller first and not the janky motion controls.

Excuse you. Those are good janky motion controls.

22 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

What your favorite Zelda game says about you:

Hide contents
  • The Legend of Zelda
    • You eat raw steak and drink straight vinegar. After brushing your teeth you have a nighttime snack of orange juice. You do nuzlockes and damageless challenges. Overall you're built of something stronger than steel because this game is SOMETHING ELSE.
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
    • We don't serve your kind.
  • A Link to the Past:
    • You have the correct opinions. On occasion you'll fight the Ocarina of Time enthusiasts over which game was the most influential, and would testify over the bible in the supreme court that this game's graphics are still some of the best in Zelda history.
  • Link's Awakening:
    • The Ballad of the Windfish actually makes you cry everytime, and you're hell-bent on proving that Marin is Link's greatest love of all the timeline. You're partial to Link to the Past and the Oracle games, knowing full well that the Hero of Legend is the greatest Link of them all. You also subtly look the other way whenever someone mentions the Anglerfish.
  • Ocarina of Time:
    • You're basic. You played this on the 3DS and take Zeltik's word as law when it comes to the lore. Have you ever even had an opinion of your own? Or do you just go with what everybody else says in order to "not offend" anyone?
    • Either that or you're older than us kids here and actually legitimately enjoyed playing this back in the days of the N64. In that case, you may proceed. Respect to you.
  • Majora's Mask:
    • You've somehow forgotten that everyone seems to believe that OoT is the greatest Zelda game of all time. You preach to people about how the game is darker than the others, with Link "coming to terms with his own death." Chances are you vote Child Era Hero of Time for which Link would win in a fight every time because of the Fierce Deity mask.
  • Oracle of Seasons and Ages:
    • Your favorite is Oracle of Seasons. Let's face it. That one was just better than Ages. Because of that, you fight people who bunch the two games together in their tier lists or whatever. You thoroughly enjoyed the Link's Awakening remix and anxiously await a remake for these as well.
  • Wind Waker:
    • You're a Linkus fan. You hate Skyward Sword. Either you fight people who side with OoT or ally with them in order to fight the fans of other 3D games.
  • Four Swords (Adventures):
    • You have friends.
  • The Minish Cap:
    • "MINISH CAP IS THE MOST UNDERRATED ZELDA GAME." You fight people who complain about the kinstone pieces, knowing full well that very few of them have actually played the game and experienced them for themselves.
  • Twilight Princess:
    • You're a goshdang boss and know your stuff. The Wii motion controls were terrible. The graphics were not great. But hot dang was this game something else. You've likely never touched the HD version unless you speedrun the game. Twilight Princess Link is the hottest and you know it.
  • Phantom Hourglass:
    • "It's better than Spirit Tracks."
  • Spirit Tracks:
    • "It's better than Phantom Hourglass."
  • Skyward Sword:
    • You got this game on the Switch and played without the motion controls. If you played this on the Wii then you chose Twilight Princess as your favorite. Either way, you fight the Wind Waker people.
  • Link Between Worlds:
    • It is not a remake of Link to the Past. You only say that if you haven't played the 2D equivalent and just want to defend your cute little 3DS game. Those who have played both legitimately understand the differences and enjoy this one more purely out of its own merit rather than to fight the hardcore fans.
  • Tri Force Heroes:
    • You have friends.
  • Breath of the Wild:
    • You haven't played any other Zelda games. It's understandable: a lot of the others are rather inaccessible now, and the ones that've been ported to Switch are just not as good. We respect you and appreciate the attention for the franchise, but frankly you're far from a hardcore fan. Either that or you used to stand by Ocarina of Time as the GOAT and switched to BotW just to increase your Basic stat.
  • Tears of the Kingdom:
    • Hey, welcome from the future! You believe that the sequel was even better than the original, praising the graphics, mechanics, and storyline. It's likely that BotW was your first Zelda game, and you absolutely adore the open world aspect of both games.

Just 'cause I was bored.

Fadran? Skyward Sword was my favorite before it came out on the Switch. And I like it for nostalgic reasons. The feel of it is just really nice, and I like the story and the lore. I'm not saying it's the best, because there are certainly better. But it's my favorite.

I liked Skyward Sword before it was cool on the Switch!

I played a lot of that game in my much, much younger years.

(...This is ironic because right now I can hear my younger brother playing the Skyloft theme on his saxophone upstairs.)

Edited by The Bookwyrm

It's kinda funny in my case, actually. My friend has had it for years, but I never remembered to ask to borrow it. It wasn't until the HD version had come out and everyone was playing it that I finally borrowed Skyward Sword and played it through. I got a few snickers here and there confusing people when I told them I'd beaten it recently... on the wii.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Who knew, leaving the Necluda region actually helped to keep me engaged during my second BotW run. Maybe I'm too familiar with that region, but as soon as I left I managed to get lost. 

Also applied more rules that pretty much turned this into a traditional Zelda game. Basically I have to complete 30 shrines before every beast, and after the first one add 3 memories on top of that. It's really helping, I'm doing regular sessions now.

I don't exactly plan on playing TotK on launch but at least I'll manage to get a second run before... well, whenever I get to play it. 

• 1 month later...
On 10/9/2022 at 7:11 PM, Ookla the [Redacted] said:

Breath of the Wild:

Alternate:

SCP-076-2

Alternate alternate:

SCP-239

(By the way, the second one also applies to Ocarina of Time)

Edited by Enter a username