McWafy

Who LOVES The Legend of Zelda!

125 posts in this topic

Whats your fave Zelda game.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

YES, a fellow fan!! Welcome to the Shard!!! My favorite game is Breath of the Wild, with Ocarina of time as a close second. What about you?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Breath of the Wild is my favorite game of all time!!!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I loved Twilight Princess when it came out, but it has aged rather badly in places and it's also hard to deny that it's rough around the edges. It has left its impact on me though, there's a fair share of nostalgia involved in it for me, and the Twilight World sequences (especially the sound effects and music) have largely shaped how I imagine Shadesmar's vibe in the Cosmere. :D

The Wind Waker has aged much better though, it's still just stunning and just a well-rounded game all around. I respect Breath of the Wild immensely, but I never really got into it, mostly because I loathe the shrines. They never feel like anything, and I never really feel like I accomplished much when I finished one. I hope they don't do that again.

My personal "underdog favorite" is Minish Cap. It's short, but the mechanics are great and it's probably the most georgeous GBA game I played. I love the look. Much better than the "trying to look 3 dimensional" look of the DS entries. The Link's Awakening remake deserves a shout-out at this place because of how absolutely beautiful the designs are. (Although the dungeons are admittedly very weak. It has a lovely setting though!)

So yeah, I'll round it off here to keep the comment on the short side. It's probably my favorite game series along with Metroid and Smash Brothers!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who doesn't love Zelda would be a better question. My personal favorite is Twilight Princess. It probably has a lot to do with the fact that it was the first one I finished but still, it's pure magic even to this day. Plus, it has my favorite boss battles, maybe not too hard, but all of them absolutely epic. Skyward Sword would be a close second but that might change as I keep playing more games, I've been a fan for years but still relatively new when it comes to finished games.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/16/2020 at 11:26 AM, Truthless of Shinovar said:

YES, a fellow fan!! Welcome to the Shard!!! My favorite game is Breath of the Wild, with Ocarina of time as a close second. What about you?

My fave is Majoras Mask with Twilight Princes second and Ocarina of Time Third! I also really like Minish Cap, And i don't really know where to put it on my list of favorites.

 

On 2/17/2020 at 5:31 PM, Eluvianii said:

Who doesn't love Zelda would be a better question.

YES!!!!!!

Edited by McWafy
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

mentioned in the what are you playing now thread that BotW is currently my #1.  it's the most fun i've had playing a game in years, and I am super hyped for the sequel.  after that though my top favorites are probably the Gameboy color games.  Link's Awakening was the first zelda game I played, and it holds a special place in my heart, but i also love the Oracle games as well.  after those its hard to say: probably Ocarina or Link to the Past, since they are both great.  Maybe Majora's Mask would sneak into the top 5 some days, depending on how i'm feeling.  It has a lot going on, but i'm not always in the right mood to engage with it.

Minish Cap is the only one I think I haven't played, simply haven't been able to find it, though I haven't looked all that hard admittedly.

I will say this: I really don't understand the love for the Links Awakening Switch graphics.  I personally hate what I have seen of them.  Reminds me too much of a bobblehead, or those Funko Pop things, neither of which I think makes for good game design.  and overall it feels too plastic.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Dunkum said:

mentioned in the what are you playing now thread that BotW is currently my #1.  it's the most fun i've had playing a game in years, and I am super hyped for the sequel.  after that though my top favorites are probably the Gameboy color games.  Link's Awakening was the first zelda game I played, and it holds a special place in my heart, but i also love the Oracle games as well.  after those its hard to say: probably Ocarina or Link to the Past, since they are both great.  Maybe Majora's Mask would sneak into the top 5 some days, depending on how i'm feeling.  It has a lot going on, but i'm not always in the right mood to engage with it.

Minish Cap is the only one I think I haven't played, simply haven't been able to find it, though I haven't looked all that hard admittedly.

I will say this: I really don't understand the love for the Links Awakening Switch graphics.  I personally hate what I have seen of them.  Reminds me too much of a bobblehead, or those Funko Pop things, neither of which I think makes for good game design.  and overall it feels too plastic.

I know what you mean, i have mixed fealings about the new Links Awakening. Do you have the DLC for BotW?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, The Hero of Masks said:

I know what you mean, i have mixed fealings about the new Links Awakening. Do you have the DLC for BotW?

I do, and I enjoyed it, though I have never had time to do the trials of the sword.  since you cant save between rooms you need a huge block of time to dedicate to it that i just cant fit into my schedule.  but the new dungeon, the new shrines, the search for the new equipment, all of that I loved.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dunkum said:

I do, and I enjoyed it, though I have never had time to do the trials of the sword.  since you cant save between rooms you need a huge block of time to dedicate to it that i just cant fit into my schedule.  but the new dungeon, the new shrines, the search for the new equipment, all of that I loved.

I think i Enjoyed the new Dungeon more than any of the others, Especially the boss! that was the funnest boss in BotW in my opinion. Did you finish that dungeon? I don't want to spoil.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've beaten all of them except for Triforce Heroes.  I posted my ranking recently on reddit so I'll copy and paste it here:

  1. Breath of the Wild

  2. The Wind Waker

  3. Oracle of Ages

  4. Majora's Mask

  5. Oracle of Seasons

  6. Link's Awakening

  7. Ocarina of Time

  8. The Minish Cap

  9. A Link Between Worlds

  10. Skyward Sword

  11. Twilight Princess

  12. The Phantom Hourglass

  13. A Link to the Past

  14. Spirit Tracks

  15. Adventure of Link

  16. The Legend of Zelda

I don't feel like ranking the Four Swords games

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, The Hero of Masks said:

I think i Enjoyed the new Dungeon more than any of the others, Especially the boss! that was the funnest boss in BotW in my opinion. Did you finish that dungeon? I don't want to spoil.

I did, but its been a little bit.  had to actually go watch a video to remember how that fight went, btu yea it's pretty cool.

 

27 minutes ago, Who Sharded? said:

I've beaten all of them except for Triforce Heroes.  I posted my ranking recently on reddit so I'll copy and paste it here:

  1. Breath of the Wild

  2. The Wind Waker

  3. Oracle of Ages

  4. Majora's Mask

  5. Oracle of Seasons

  6. Link's Awakening

  7. Ocarina of Time

  8. The Minish Cap

  9. A Link Between Worlds

  10. Skyward Sword

  11. Twilight Princess

  12. The Phantom Hourglass

  13. A Link to the Past

  14. Spirit Tracks

  15. Adventure of Link

  16. The Legend of Zelda

I don't feel like ranking the Four Swords games

I'm really curious about how high up you have skyward sword and how low you have both the original and Link to the Past.  I understand the original being pretty low, personally i find most NES games almost unplayable these days, but the very bottom, even below zelda 2?  and likewise, skyward sword is in my bottom 3 without question, so i'm curious about why you have it as high as you do?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Dunkum said:

I'm really curious about how high up you have skyward sword and how low you have both the original and Link to the Past.  I understand the original being pretty low, personally i find most NES games almost unplayable these days, but the very bottom, even below zelda 2?  and likewise, skyward sword is in my bottom 3 without question, so i'm curious about why you have it as high as you do?

Is #10 for Skyward Sword considered high?  The game got great reviews when it was released, so much that Gamespot's 7.5 was controversial.  It's not as highly regarded now, but I still think it's a solid mid-tier Zelda.  I liked the controls okay except when they didn't work properly.  Otherwise I don't really have complaints about the game.

I understand my A Link to the Past opinion is controversial.  I think it was the 6th Zelda game I played after OoT, LA, MM, and the Oracles.  For 2D games, I much preferred the tight world design and focus on puzzles that LA and Oracles had, as opposed to the more open world and "monsters in dungeons" of ALttP.  I understand that last sentence might seem ironic with me ranking BotW #1.

For LoZ at the bottom, I don't know, I don't hate it.  I just enjoy the other games more than the NES Zeldas.  Zelda 2 was more interesting to me.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Who Sharded? said:

I've beaten all of them except for Triforce Heroes.  I posted my ranking recently on reddit so I'll copy and paste it here:

  1. Breath of the Wild

  2. The Wind Waker

  3. Oracle of Ages

  4. Majora's Mask

  5. Oracle of Seasons

  6. Link's Awakening

  7. Ocarina of Time

  8. The Minish Cap

  9. A Link Between Worlds

  10. Skyward Sword

  11. Twilight Princess

  12. The Phantom Hourglass

  13. A Link to the Past

  14. Spirit Tracks

  15. Adventure of Link

  16. The Legend of Zelda

I don't feel like ranking the Four Swords games

Well, I've never played Skyward sword but I've  only heard good things about the game till now. But i'm surprised how low Twilight Princess is. That game is on my top 3. And i have to admit i haven't played most of them, I have a hard time finding/getting them. I dont even have the time mostly.(i also don't have the correct console for a lot of them) But i love the story line and i know at least a descent amount about them. I love reading the Hyrule Historia and the Encyclopedia. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Who Sharded? said:

Is #10 for Skyward Sword considered high?  The game got great reviews when it was released, so much that Gamespot's 7.5 was controversial.  It's not as highly regarded now, but I still think it's a solid mid-tier Zelda.  I liked the controls okay except when they didn't work properly.  Otherwise I don't really have complaints about the game.

I understand my A Link to the Past opinion is controversial.  I think it was the 6th Zelda game I played after OoT, LA, MM, and the Oracles.  For 2D games, I much preferred the tight world design and focus on puzzles that LA and Oracles had, as opposed to the more open world and "monsters in dungeons" of ALttP.  I understand that last sentence might seem ironic with me ranking BotW #1.

For LoZ at the bottom, I don't know, I don't hate it.  I just enjoy the other games more than the NES Zeldas.  Zelda 2 was more interesting to me.

I mean, I guess it isn't exactly high, but like I said, it would be in my bottom 3 alongside spirit tracks and probably adventure of link to round it out.  in my case it gets hurt by the fact that I played BotW before I played skyward sword, so there are a lot of things that might have seemed OK originally but that now feel like rough first tries at things BotW did better.  I actually have some of the same porblem with Wind Waker, though i'd still rank that a bit higher.

I kinda see what you mean on ALttP, and I agree that LA and the Oracle games deserve a higher spot than it.  but i'd probably rank it higher than the NES games, skyward sword wind waker, and the DS games, and probably ALBW too.  Which I guess would put it solidly in the middle for me. 

5 hours ago, The Hero of Masks said:

i also don't have the correct console for a lot of them

A Wii U and 3ds with their virtual console options will cover you for I think everything except Minish Cap.  MM and OOT are definitely available on the Wii U virtual Console (or as 3DS rereleases), and WW and TP have HD rereleases for the Wii U, and BotW is native to it and it's backwards compatible with the Wii for Skyward Sword.  meanwhile LA, the Oracle games, and the NES games are definitely available on the 3DS virtual console.  plus link between worlds is native to 3ds, and it is backward compatible with the DS games.  I'm certain ALttP is available on at least one of those as well, possibly both.  Minish Cap, much to my eternal frustration, is not available on the virtual console, which is why I still havent played it

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/19/2020 at 6:56 PM, Dunkum said:

A Wii U and 3ds with their virtual console options will cover you for I think everything except Minish Cap.  MM and OOT are definitely available on the Wii U virtual Console (or as 3DS rereleases), and WW and TP have HD rereleases for the Wii U, and BotW is native to it and it's backwards compatible with the Wii for Skyward Sword.  meanwhile LA, the Oracle games, and the NES games are definitely available on the 3DS virtual console.  plus link between worlds is native to 3ds, and it is backward compatible with the DS games.  I'm certain ALttP is available on at least one of those as well, possibly both.  Minish Cap, much to my eternal frustration, is not available on the virtual console, which is why I still havent played it

Thanks! But about minish cap I have that as an extension on my computer. I have never got to playing it yet, but i hope that helps.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I only played five entries, Ocarina of Time,  A Link to the Past, A Link Between Worlds, Brewth of the Wild and a borrowed Skyward sword that I never finished 

 

I really wanted to play Wind Waker and I'm rooting for a Skyword Sword for Switch so I'll can finally finish it  

Edited by IcaroRibeiro
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BotW is my favorite Zelda game, but Wind Waker is a close second. They are all great games, though.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Keeper Exile said:

BotW is my favorite Zelda game, but Wind Waker is a close second. They are all great games, though.

Amen  brother. Amen.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me it's The Link to the past. I also love Phantom Hourglass & BotW.

Edited by Feruchemal Panda
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, and don't even get me started on Twilight Princess.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Feruchemal Panda said:

Oh, and don't even get me started on Twilight Princess.

as in good or bad?

also surprised to see someone professing love for Phantom Hourglass.  the general consensus seems to hold that at the very bottom.  for myself, i liked it OK, but I think the DS touchpad control scheme is terrible.  If they remade it with more standard controls, I think it could be great, but as it stands, I just can't put it anywhere near the top of the list.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dunkum said:

as in good or bad?

also surprised to see someone professing love for Phantom Hourglass.  the general consensus seems to hold that at the very bottom.  for myself, i liked it OK, but I think the DS touchpad control scheme is terrible.  If they remade it with more standard controls, I think it could be great, but as it stands, I just can't put it anywhere near the top of the list.

Definitely good. I personally think the PH touch pad controls aren't terrible but their ok. I also think the story line is freaking awesome, but there are some better ones like Link to the past and Ocarina of Time. Twilight Princess though is my third favorite zelda game and this story line is even better.   

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Feruchemal Panda said:

Definitely good.

I LOVE TLP. It is my 2nd Fave Zelda Game.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't had a chance to play a ton of them, because I don't have all the right systems. I have a Wii and a Switch, and have played Twilight Princess & Breath of the Wild.

Or, rather... those are the games I've played on their official systems.

I've taken the liberty of downloading some of the pixilated ones on my computer (how legal is this? Dunno). Through emulators I've completed Link to the Past and Minish Cap, and have played TLoZ, The Oracle Games, and Link's Awakening. I am looking forward to playing Skyward Sword (hopefully I can borrow it from my friend), and am considering buying the revamp of Awakening for the Switch.

I own the Encyclopedia and the Hyrule Historia, and have spent the better part of a month trying to make a full D&D-style LoZ RPG game. If anyone's interested in assisting me, lemme know and I can make a forum page for it.

In the meanwhile, though, you can find me impatiently awaiting BotW 2 whilst playing every theme song from Song of Storms, to Full Steam Ahead, to Sidon's Theme on the piano.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.