Stormlight Archive timelines

Nuatoma

7 hours ago, Nuatoma said:

@Jofwu The google doc that comes up in the Oathbringer version above indicates that it is an old version.  Is there a current or newer version of the timeline available?  

Thanks for the heads up!

Here's the current version: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zq5bJoKE83ggDCjH43i1hZi0CIpB2iAx7v37zQPVFK0/edit#gid=856252766

Updated the referenced post in case that happens to anybody else.

@Karger We kind of toyed with adding some of it. I think Weiry has a user page with some of it in there. The problem is we don't like putting things on Coppermind that's just speculation, and there's a lot of that in my timelines. (note the error columns) Words of Radiance is a special case because it lists some explicit dates. The other books unfortunately aren't as clear.

57 minutes ago, Jofwu said:

We kind of toyed with adding some of it. I think Weiry has a user page with some of it in there. The problem is we don't like putting things on Coppermind that's just speculation, and there's a lot of that in my timelines. (note the error columns) Words of Radiance is a special case because it lists some explicit dates. The other books unfortunately aren't as clear.

Got it.  I see a surprising amount information on arcanun or WoBs that is not on coppermind pages and yet is well known to sharders so I thought I would ask.

1 hour ago, Karger said:

Got it.  I see a surprising amount information on arcanun or WoBs that is not on coppermind pages and yet is well known to sharders so I thought I would ask.

Yeah, that's mostly due to just not having enough people helping with Coppermind. The timeline stuff is partly that, but also partly an issue of just not having anything definitive to cite.

• Chaos locked this topic