Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nameless

Can non-Scadrians burn Lerasium?

Question

Is there a WoB out there that says that non-Scadrians can burn Lerasium? I know that Hoid was able to burn it, but he could possibly manipulate connection or the something similar (as he attempted to do on Sel) in order to burn it. 

4 answers to this question

I'd say yes.

17th Shard

If a Mistborn burns lerasium, as in, not just ingests it, what effect would it grant Allomantically?

Brandon Sanderson

That is a RAFO. It would do something, but the thing you've gotta remember is that, when ingesting lerasium for the first time and gaining the powers, your body is actually burning it. Think of lerasium as a metal anyone can burn. Does that make sense? By burning it you gain access to those powers. It rewrites your spiritual DNA, and there are ways to do really cool things with lerasium that I don't see how anyone would know. Were most Mistborn to just burn it, it would rewrite their genetic code to increase their power as an Allomancer.

17th Shard Interview (Oct. 3, 2010)

It makes sense that it would. Hoid isnt from Scadrian and he still burnt it. I don't think others would know how though.

25 minutes ago, Retrac said:

It makes sense that it would. Hoid isnt from Scadrian and he still burnt it. I don't think others would know how though.

Hoid breaks all the rules though.

True. RShara's quote from Brandon says yes though so...