A scifi fragment

Ripheus23

[insert citation/quotation/epigraph from The Annals of the Heechee here]

"Accelerated expansion," the alien-god and the alien/god say in unison, "is an effect of continuing dimensionalization."

The alien-god is one of the oxygenated glueball creatures from the first-contact boson star system of Aleph Centauri. The alien/god is... very different. "Unknown origins," they told us when they appeared a decade after we ran into the entities forged from gluonium.

"Come again?"

"The number of dimensions space has, is increasing," the alien-god says. "Over the Plank epoch, for example, it increased from zero to three. Thereafter..."

My colleague, Seliase Turime, chimes in. "The kairon field kept changing, so the hylomorphic field did too, didn't it? The Kleinert hypermodel predicts... predicted... anticipated? this kind of change."

I've heard of that model, nod agreeably. "The sin theory, though," I add, "says that the deontic field is playing a role in the process, too."

... to be continued-ish? ...

• 2 weeks later...

Nowhere, I came up with an even more interesting sort-of scifi premise. Let's say that after Teller [of the Teller-Ulam design for thermonuclear weapons] conceived of 10 gigaton [I believe was the max he listed] weapons, which for comparison is:

Tsar Bomb [maximum tested device]: 50,000,000 MT [50 one-million-ton bombs[

Hypothetical gigaton device [Edward Teller's claim?]: 10,000,000,000  MT [or 10,000 one-million-ton bombs]

... or to 200 of the fifty-million ton bombs at once...

... the governments of the world continued to try to develop better and better delivery systems for such "contintent-busting" devices. And that all the weird weapon systems and strategies the militaries came up with, in fact, over the years, are realized as best as they're able to be, which is a good deal in this case. Like, say, the Death-Star-like raygun design [attributed to Michio Kaku IIRC], where you explode a lot of nuclear devices in a reinforced tube that focuses the detonation energy in a beam. Or whatever, the point is there'd be a twist where 6G Internet software was somehow implicated in the process.