Aimians: Native or not?

Gilphon

• 3 months later...

Old thread, but what about larkins? They are in Aimia but do have reptilian features. They Don’t have a gemheart, though, which every animal other than cremlings seem to have. I’d bet they’re not from Roshar. 

side note: it took me forever to realize Aimia is a palindrome.

On 3/19/2020 at 9:19 AM, Elegy said:

It's confirmed that they are not related:

Also, the phrasing of this WOB makes it sound like the Sleepless are not originally from Roshar, because they "settled on" it rather than stayed there.

I personally believe they are both originally from different worlds we haven't seen yet.

I agree Sleepless for sure came from somewhere else. 

On 4/1/2020 at 11:20 PM, Karger said:

We don't know all the major shardworlds yet.  They could have their own.

Yeah, I think they came from somewhere we haven't seen. 

It makes sense for the Sleepless to be from somewhere else. Even after thousands of years their hordelings don't look quite like cremlings. People often comment on how a cremling looks "weird", most people aren't aware of the Sleepless existing so they don't know the significance. They also can't quite pass for human on close inspection.  

Part of the problem might be that they are trying to have their hordelings look like cremlings individually while fitting together to form a human. Not all of the hordelings are used to make up a human form though, they have more than is needed. Arclo did anyways. https://coppermind.net/wiki/Arclo

As for Axies and the other Siah. I think on a Shardcast they theorized that they could be from another planet. The myth about Queen Tsa having a baby with the moon is told in Natanatan to explain their blue skin. Maybe they have Siah Aimian ancestry and those AImian's came from off world with the surviving myth becoming mating with a celestial body. 

https://coppermind.net/wiki/Tsa

1 hour ago, Koloss17 said:

Old thread, but what about larkins? They are in Aimia but do have reptilian features. They Don’t have a gemheart, though, which every animal other than cremlings seem to have. I’d bet they’re not from Roshar. 

Lycerin do have gemhearts.

It's weird, though. I kind of wish I could ignore the WoBs stating that there's a connection between Larkin and Lycerin. Because Lycerin having gemhearts defined marks them as native to Roshar. But Larkin are just so unlike everything! You'd think, that if they were native, we'd be able to see close evolutionary relatives of theirs! But nothing else has evolved to eat Stormlight, even though that's an obviously very useful adaptation. 

IDK, it's weird and the idea of Larkin being a larval form of a Greatshell hunted for Gemhearts bothers me a lot.