An observation on the titles ...

Ixthos

havoc_mayhem

I'm sure others have spotted this already, but I just noticed that the titles of the first 5 Stormlight Archive books are on track to form a palindrome.

• (The) Way of Kings
  • Words of Radiance
  • Oathbringer
  • (The) Rhythm of War

WoK.WoR.O.RoW...

This is really cool! Whether coincidence or deliberate, I hope that Sanderson continues the trend.

Brandon Sanderson

Let's just say that abandoning the title of book two way back when let me rebuild the title sequence to do something I hadn't been able to make work in my original series draft. Stones Unhallowed isn't likely to be the last book's title any longer.

General Reddit 2019 (Nov. 15, 2019)

We were talking about this very thing on reddit today.  The guess (not mine) that I now LOVE is "Killer of Worlds".   

This feels thematically perfect for the Big Middle event of the Central "backbone" Cosmere series.   

Questioner

Concerning everything on Roshar, is it safe to say The Stormlight Archive will become the backbone series of the story of the cosmere?

Brandon Sanderson

There are three backbone series: Dragonsteel, Mistborn, and The Stormlight Archive. And Mistborn is past, present, future, Stormlight is the center, and Dragonsteel is the beginning. So really it goes: Dragonsteel, Mistborn, Stormlight, Mistborn, Stormlight, Mistborn is basically how this backbone sequence goes.

JordanCon 2014 (April 11, 2014)

1 hour ago, Quantus said:

We were talking about this very thing on reddit today.  The guess (not mine) that I now LOVE is "Killer of Worlds".   

This feels thematically perfect for the Big Middle event of the Central "backbone" Cosmere series.   

Considering that another theory I've read was that book five ends with the destruction of Roshar and a mass migration to Nalthis...

32 minutes ago, Nameless said:

I'm hoping for Knight of the Winds. The "the" is left out of "the" Way of Kings, so it could be possible.

But Kaladin is supposed to do his thing in this upcoming one with the last being a skybreaker+bondsmith book.

1 hour ago, Karger said:

But Kaladin is supposed to do his thing in this upcoming one with the last being a skybreaker+bondsmith book.

Yeah, but I still want him to be awesome. Totally not biased at all :ph34r:.

Edited by Nameless

• Chaos locked this topic