Finally Taking the Time to Dive into the Fandom

BlueNinja

I read, re-read, and analyzed Brandon's books since the 6th grade.  I was originally introduced to his books by a childhood friend who suggested Steelheart to me.  I really enjoyed it and thought it was the best take of the then popular YA dystopian archetype.  By the end of 8th grade I had read everything he had published at the time and discovered the Cosmere.  Through high school I slowly found Brandon's official website, the Coppermind, and 17th Shard.  I recently was able to work Shardcast into my podcast rotation and have been working through the archive (might take awhile).  Up until now I have been hesitant to get too deep into the Sanderson fandom - because I have been busy trying to get my associates in high school, have a job, and still talk to people every once in a while - but now I am ready to join my fellow Worldsingers, Radiants, and Feruchemists.  As a question to the forum: Is the community more active on this site or on the various Subreddits?  If they are equal: What is the division between the two?

Generally more active here but Reddit's got some quality discussions too. I'll put them on about the same footing really. Though this site's format lends itself better to debates & discussions, imo. Reddit does have us beat at cremposting

So you got into Sanderson via the Reckoners? Have you heard of Worm?

Welcome to the Shard! I agree this site is active & good re: discussions. To me, it's also more manageable than Reddit/sub-Reddits - - I can mentally keep track of who's proposing what theories & not feel like I might slide down the proverbial rabbit hole & get lost for hours. One other aspect about these forums (no idea if it's also true re: Reddit) is that Peter and a bunch of Dragonsteel folks prowl around here and are active. Many of Brandon's beta readers are active here too. It's a terrific resource, and IMO people are positive and encouraging here, sometimes amazingly so. Glad you're joining us!:D

Edited by Lump-wing