Mid-Range Game 40: A Defiant Rebellion

Elandera

(((I am officially giving up on write-ups, sorry!)))

---

Araris Valerian has been arrested! They were an Heir of a First Citizen First Citizen and a Disputer.
Kynedath has been killed! They were a member of the Defiant Defense Force.

Vote Count:

Araris Valerian (4) - Kynedath, Zillah, Rathmaskal, StrikerEZ!Coda
Zillah (2) - Araris Valerian, Fifth Scholar, Abstrusity

Player List

Spoiler
  1. Kynedath DDF
  2. Zillah
  3. Elkanah DDF
  4. Kidpen First Citizen
  5. Rathmaskal
  6. StrikerEZ!Coda
  7. [Araris Valerian Heir First Citizen
  8. The_God_King Bountiful Gunner
  9. Xinoehp512 Engineer
  10. Coda DDF
  11. Fifth Scholar
  12. Abstrusity
  13. shanerockes DDF
  14. Sart DDF

Available at the Quartermaster

Spoiler

Destructor Pistol - 1
Hovercar - 1

This turn ends Wednesday, February 26 at 10 p.m. PST.

ANNOUNCEMENT: Due to having three living players, I will shorten the cycle to just 24 hours.

---

Fifth Scholar has been arrested! They were a Pilot on Deep Reserve and a Disputer.
Zillah has been killed! They were a Heir of a First Citizen First Citizen and a member of the DDF.
Striker!Coda was attacked, but survived!

Vote Count:

Fifth Scholar (3) - Zillah, Rathmaskal, Striker!Coda
Rathmaskal (1) - Fifth Scholar, Abstrusity

Player List

Spoiler
  1. Kynedath DDF
  2. Zillah Heir First Citizen
  3. Elkanah DDF
  4. Kidpen First Citizen
  5. Rathmaskal
  6. StrikerEZ!Coda
  7. Araris Valerian Heir First Citizen
  9. Xinoehp512 Igneous Engineer
  10. Coda DDF
  11. Fifth Scholar Pilot on Deep Reserve
  12. Abstrusity
  13. shanerockes DDF
  14. Sart DDF

Available at Quartermaster

Spoiler

Destructor Pistol - 1
Hovercar - 1

This turn will end Thursday, February 27th at 10 p.m. PST.

Rayne raced through the caverns, feeling increasingly trapped. He longed for the freedom of the sky, the song of the stars. But there was no way out. No way up. His enemies were closing in. They had come so close.

Close to throwing off the government that quelled the defiant.

Close to changing how people thought of defiance.

Close to making a better world for the truly Defiant.

Some hope still remained, though. The few chosen by Ironsides were closing in, but Rayne still had some defiance left. If he were to fall, it would be in a final glorious moment.

Footsteps thundered behind him. He didn't risk a look back, but simply counted the falls, the patterns. Two people, both running. It would be easy enough. Two had given him little trouble before. But then he'd had Fade and Scrivner.

Rayne was alone. But still defiant.

He spun as his enemies gained on him. He raised a pistol, finger already depressing the trigger.

A flash of light shot from one attacker. No, not a flash. A line. It latched onto the pistol, pulling it downward. His shot missed. The attacker was on him, then, wrapping the light-line around his hand, then his body. Trapping him. Holding him back.

"Rayne, callsign Fins. You are being arrested under the authority of the Defiant Defense Force, authorized by Admiral Judy Ivans, callsign Ironsides."

Rayne fought against his captors. Both were now holding him, pushing him toward his fate. Would they kill him? Or would they let him rot in prison? He wasn't sure which he would prefer.

"The Disputers will not end here. Others will take up the cause and continue to defy the Defiant. I may die today, but I'll win anyway."

---

Abstrusity has been arrested! They were a Vici Warrior and a Disputer.

The Defiant Defense Force has rooted out all of the Disputers and have won the day.

Player List

Spoiler
  1. Kynedath DDF
  2. Zillah Heir First Citizen
  3. Elkanah DDF
  4. Kidpen First Citizen
  5. Rathmaskal Pilot on Deep Reserve
  6. StrikerEZ!Coda Vici Warrior
  7. Araris Valerian Heir First Citizen
  9. Xinoehp512 Igneous Engineer
  10. Coda DDF
  11. Fifth Scholar Pilot on Deep Reserve
  12. Abstrusity Vici Warrior
  13. shanerockes DDF
  14. Sart DDF

Disputer's Doc
Dead/Spec Doc
Master Spreadsheet

Taifend smirked at the captured Disputers as the guards released him from the cell. Vindicated at last.

Victory! Well played, elims. We made a bunch of mistakes, and you very nearly had us.

I got pretty lucky this game. Despite the lengths the elim team went to to hide from me, every single scan I managed to hit not only an elim, but the elim doing the attacking that round... :P
Well done with the pocket on me, Fifth. I was more or less completely convinced you were village. Part of why it took me so long to post C3 is that I was having a hard time believing you weren't a villager. Looking back, I probably should have revealed earlier- but if I had, I might never have suspected you. I guess it turned out alright anyways. :P But those were certainly a tense last couple of rounds.
One final note- was I supposed to be informed about the pistol Abstrucity purchased C2?