Odium vs the First Ideal

Bigmikey357

We all know that Odium is the bad guy, terrifying in visage and in power. The Shard killer, spren shudder in fear at the mention of his name. But it wasn't until Oathbringer that we found out how he operates. He and his minions always encourage people to give up their pain, to let go, to give in to the void as if dumping water into a well. 

Well it has become apparent to me that the Heralds knew their ancient enemy, for in the creation of the Knights Radiant orders they gave their followers the perfect words to fight against the void.  Every Knight or perspective Knight speaks the words of the first Ideal.  Even though the words can and are interpreted differently for every individual their primary purpose is fighting against the very tactic Odium uses.

Give in and embrace the end? Life before Death.  Give me your pain? Strength before Weakness.  It's not your fault? You were doing only what comes naturally to you? Journey before Destination.  The very words codified in the First Ideal are a block to Odium's entire recruiting strategy. This is something I only realized in retrospect,  perhaps because we got the ideals before we even knew what those Ideals guarded against. 

Thoughts? 

• Chaos locked this topic