Sharder Kahoot Club!

AonEne

Accessibility   

49 members have voted

1. 1. Would it be easier for you to engage with a Kahoot game on Discord or YouTube?

9 hours ago, Ghanderflaffle said:

Max is 240 seconds.

Thanks! Okay, that's four minutes.

Edit: I'm gonna try to do a test one on YouTube, mostly to learn how to stream, but also if anyone wants to come along please do and we can test that too!

Never mind, we're trying this now, been having technical difficulties. I don't think I like this, personally, but we'll see if it works.

Edit the third - that idea was bad nvm

I hereby pronounce this a massive failure. I'll try the YT streaming again sometime. Is there a way to share your screen? There has to be, I've seen people do it before...

Edited by AonEne

6 hours ago, Showman said:

I'm not super familiar with Discord, but I could figure it out if I had someone to test it with. It seems like a much better alternative, other than the fact that it can only have 10 people in a screen share/video call at a time.

Discord streaming does work! I don’t know about video calls, but is there such a limit to voice chats? 

17 hours ago, AonEne said:

Discord streaming does work! I don’t know about video calls, but is there such a limit to voice chats? 

Not a limit to the amount of people that can be in the call. I was in a call with some 500 people once, so the only limit is how much your computer can handle on that regard, but unfortunately the stream limit is very real. As mentioned, only 10 people can watch a single stream at a time.

Hmm. I don't know much about how to do this, but shouldn't we be able to just start a kahoot, and then tell everybody the game pin? It would probably be more fun with a video chat of some kind, but I think it could still work without one. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was just curious why we need youtube or discord to do it.

24 minutes ago, Rosharan A.C. said:

Hmm. I don't know much about how to do this, but shouldn't we be able to just start a kahoot, and then tell everybody the game pin? It would probably be more fun with a video chat of some kind, but I think it could still work without one. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was just curious why we need youtube or discord to do it.

They have to see the questions, but it only shows up on one screen, hence the screensharing/streaming. Unless there's a setting I'm unaware of.

• 3 weeks later...
On 08/03/2020 at 1:59 PM, AonEne said:

Yell at me on this thread if I haven’t mentioned it in a week. Or sooner. 

It’s been approximately a week, so... *inhales*

ENE! 

Is that good enough? I don’t really like yelling. 

Not to rush you or anything, just following your instructions. Sorry if I’m bugging you.

Edited by The Awakened Salad

Today, thanks! :P 

Okay folks, I’m gonna try streaming on YouTube again, see if we can get a working situation going. I’m Ene of the Cosmere on YT - I’ll link in a min. 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl8XzKOeF4amhrg1s1k9Hug/featured?view_as=subscriber 

I AM LIVE, GET OVER HERE, COOL HUMANS

Third edit: I think we need to schedule these things, because that didn’t really work. I figured out how to stream though lol! We just need to make sure people show up next time. Anyone have a suggestion for when we should get together and try this again? 

Edited by AonEne

Maybe first we should decide on a timezone to use (and then people can convert that timezone into their own) and from there everyone can organise a time that suits the majority of people best.

I don’t think I’ll be able to participate in any of the testing, sorry. I’m quite busy at the moment, but good luck!