AonEne

Sharder Kahoot Club!

Accessibility    17 members have voted

1. 1. Would it be easier for you to engage with a Kahoot game on Discord or YouTube?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

37 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Showman said:

Not sure about Discord though.

Discord lag is minimal if it's there at all.

Yees! Definitely count me in!

9 hours ago, Ghanderflaffle said:

Max is 240 seconds.

Thanks! Okay, that's four minutes.

Edit: I'm gonna try to do a test one on YouTube, mostly to learn how to stream, but also if anyone wants to come along please do and we can test that too!

Never mind, we're trying this now, been having technical difficulties. I don't think I like this, personally, but we'll see if it works.

Edit the third - that idea was bad nvm

I hereby pronounce this a massive failure. I'll try the YT streaming again sometime. Is there a way to share your screen? There has to be, I've seen people do it before...

Edited by AonEne

I'm not super familiar with Discord, but I could figure it out if I had someone to test it with. It seems like a much better alternative, other than the fact that it can only have 10 people in a screen share/video call at a time.

6 hours ago, Showman said:

I'm not super familiar with Discord, but I could figure it out if I had someone to test it with. It seems like a much better alternative, other than the fact that it can only have 10 people in a screen share/video call at a time.

Discord streaming does work! I don’t know about video calls, but is there such a limit to voice chats? 

17 hours ago, AonEne said:

Discord streaming does work! I don’t know about video calls, but is there such a limit to voice chats? 

Not a limit to the amount of people that can be in the call. I was in a call with some 500 people once, so the only limit is how much your computer can handle on that regard, but unfortunately the stream limit is very real. As mentioned, only 10 people can watch a single stream at a time.

Hmm. I don't know much about how to do this, but shouldn't we be able to just start a kahoot, and then tell everybody the game pin? It would probably be more fun with a video chat of some kind, but I think it could still work without one. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was just curious why we need youtube or discord to do it.

24 minutes ago, Rosharan A.C. said:

Hmm. I don't know much about how to do this, but shouldn't we be able to just start a kahoot, and then tell everybody the game pin? It would probably be more fun with a video chat of some kind, but I think it could still work without one. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was just curious why we need youtube or discord to do it.

They have to see the questions, but it only shows up on one screen, hence the screensharing/streaming. Unless there's a setting I'm unaware of.

15 minutes ago, Invocation said:

They have to see the questions, but it only shows up on one screen, hence the screensharing/streaming. Unless there's a setting I'm unaware of.

Ah right. I forgot about that.

5 hours ago, Invocation said:

I was in a call with some 500 people once... 

I really shouldn’t be surprised anymore, but is there a story behind this? :P 

10 hours ago, AonEne said:

I really shouldn’t be surprised anymore, but is there a story behind this? :P 

I was part of a thing the Youtuber MiniLadd was hosting on his server and I made it into his voice channel and the golf game that was the theme of the night both.