Sharder Kahoot Club!

Accessibility   

49 members have voted

1. 1. Would it be easier for you to engage with a Kahoot game on Discord or YouTube?

Anyone can make one on anything and host it! The only rule is that it must comply with the 17S rules in their entirety. Here's a link to input a code, if you're about to join one of our games: https://kahoot.it/

Do we want a joint account that we all make them on?

Edited by AonEne

4 minutes ago, The Awakened Salad said:

How would it work on YouTube? Or If it's decided that we use Discord, would I still be able to join in a game even if I don't have it?

Like, someone streams their computer screen (I'm not 100% clear on how it's done tbh, I've never done it before) which would have the questions on it. If Discord was used, you'd be able to join the game, but you wouldn't know any of the questions being asked due to not being able to view them. YouTube is probably the better option - does anyone know how YT streaming works?

Edit: @Blessing of Potency you use YT, do you know how to stream? Sorry for the tag :P

Edited by AonEne

8 minutes ago, AonEne said:

Like, someone streams their computer screen (I'm not 100% clear on how it's done tbh, I've never done it before) which would have the questions on it. If Discord was used, you'd be able to join the game, but you wouldn't know any of the questions being asked due to not being able to view them. YouTube is probably the better option - does anyone know how YT streaming works?

Edit: @Blessing of Potency you use YT, do you know how to stream? Sorry for the tag :P

i do know how to.

why though?

Just now, AonEne said:

So we can use it for Kahoots. Can you tell me how to?

well, you need a channel. I think you might need to have been around for either a certain amount of time, have a certain number of subscribers, or have a certain number of videos uploaded, or some combination of those. They might have changed it. Anway, I met all those, so it was fine.

After that just look around video options and you'll find it eventually.

I've got a channel because I've got a Google account...hmm, I'll look it up...

Edit: I think I've figured it out? I should theoretically be able to stream on YT.

Edited by AonEne

Sounds interesting. I could see watching the stream on my computer and playing on my phone or something. Problem though: Youtube streaming has substantial lag (15-20 seconds or something) between what the streamer does and what viewers see. Not sure about Discord though.

I'd be in though, and it would be cool to be able to work together on making these too.

4 minutes ago, Showman said:

Youtube streaming has substantial lag between what the streamer does and what viewers see. 

Hmm, you’re right, I’d forgotten about that. I don’t remember the maximum time a Kahoot timer can be set for; does anyone know if there’s an infinite option? 

1 hour ago, AonEne said:

Hmm, you’re right, I’d forgotten about that. I don’t remember the maximum time a Kahoot timer can be set for; does anyone know if there’s an infinite option? 

I can’t remember, but I think the maximum time is either 30 seconds or one minute? Or maybe there are options for somewhere in between?

But it could put some people at a disadvantage. 

Edited by The Awakened Salad