Splatoon 2 anyone?

10 hours ago, Mushroom Catalog said:

Kensa Splattershot at the moment, though the Aerospray MG is in close second. You?

Going off of Splatoon 1 here, but I’m mostly a Slosher Deco main. They’re so fun to use, and really versatile too. Being able to splat people on the other side of a wall is always so satisfying. Other than that I like to use rollers, except for the Dynamos (I’m not a fan of slow weapons).

12 hours ago, The Awakened Salad said:

Going off of Splatoon 1 here, but I’m mostly a Slosher Deco main. They’re so fun to use, and really versatile too. Being able to splat people on the other side of a wall is always so satisfying. Other than that I like to use rollers, except for the Dynamos (I’m not a fan of slow weapons).

Unless you're the person getting splatted :P 

The Dynamo rollers can be good, but the slow does make it difficult. I have spent a few round just getting splatted by dynamo rollers hiding in ink. The short range of the Aerospray makes it really difficult to fight rollers if they fling ink at you. But oh, revenge is so satisfying [insert evil grin emoji here]

9 hours ago, Mushroom Catalog said:

The Dynamo rollers can be good, but the slow does make it difficult. I have spent a few round just getting splatted by dynamo rollers hiding in ink. The short range of the Aerospray makes it really difficult to fight rollers if they fling ink at you. But oh, revenge is so satisfying [insert evil grin emoji here]

Yes! I love sneaking up behind them with a carbon roller and just whacking them with it before they have time to react (or any long-range weapon user really).

16 hours ago, The Awakened Salad said:

What are you looking to get out of the game? And what don’t you want to see in it? 

Not sure If I understand the question 

I'm not into traditional shooter games like Counter Strike because I don't like... shooting people neither like blowing things up? 

However Splatoon comes with a more cartoonish design and a different game dynamics, more focused on territory control. I like it. Seems like a game I can play with my younger cousins without any troubles

I'm also curious to see discover how enjoyable is the multiplayer mode for me

9 hours ago, IcaroRibeiro said:

Not sure If I understand the question 

I'm not into traditional shooter games like Counter Strike because I don't like... shooting people neither like blowing things up? 

However Splatoon comes with a more cartoonish design and a different game dynamics, more focused on territory control. I like it. Seems like a game I can play with my younger cousins without any troubles

I'm also curious to see discover how enjoyable is the multiplayer mode for me

Sorry, I should’ve phrased my question better.

I’m not a big fan of shooters either. In fact, Splatoon’s the only shooter I’ve played dedicatedly. I have tried others (very few I admit) and just haven’t enjoyed them. But I’ve always found Splatoon to be really fun. 

I think the gameplay differs from other shooters, especially because of the very varied weapon types and the ability to turn into a squid. Seriously, you can use a washing machine, an umbrella, and you’ve probably seen the giant paint roller in the commercials. The objective is never to get the most kills, but killing, or “splatting” as it’s called in the game (because you don’t actually die), does still happen (Quite frequently sometimes, especially in ranked battles. But not in the same dramatic way other shooters deal with it).

But it’s not like you’re going out of your way to splat everyone. You’re focused on your main task. 

I have young cousins and family friends who have all watched me play it and have played it themselves, and have had a great time. The local co-op isn’t all that great (it wasn’t in Splatoon 1, anyway. Not sure if they fixed it in 2), so what we usually do is take turns if we all want to play. However I don’t know if it would work with a large amount of people, due to people getting impatient and all that. You’d be the best judge of that.

All in all, I think it’s definitely a fun game (I haven’t actually met anyone who didn’t like it). The controls can be confusing at first but I found them pretty easy to grasp after the tutorial. Based on what you’ve said I think it’s suited to what you’re looking for, but maybe do a bit more research if you can. Watch some gameplay, all that stuff. If you do end up getting it, I hope you enjoy it!

16 hours ago, The Awakened Salad said:

What are you impressions so far?

I find the multiplayer just awesome and really addictive. Too bad my internet connection is lame, but overall it's was very pleasant and it's literally nothing alike other shooter games. I'm suffering from been a noob, but despit my lack of weaponry and skills I'm surviving (level 9 already). Works for sure better docked. The only downside it's as I said, internet connection, so I will need to play mostly at home.

Fortunately the story mode is good too. It's a different concept of shooter game as well, slightly more inclined to a more action based gameplay. It 100% works as a handheld game, which is great because Switch is a hybrid console so games needs to satisfy both experiences. The downside is the story mode looks pretty small, only 5 maps for what I see, and I'm already in half of the second one 

• 4 weeks later...

(This might be a necro, but I couldn't resist)

I'm a pretty avid Splatoon 2 player. I've logged 180+ hours, and I'm a Kensa Dynamo main. It is so satisfying to splat literally everyone (you can actually break Ink Armor with a straight on vertical hit).

On 2/11/2020 at 0:47 PM, Mushroom Catalog said:

The Dynamo rollers can be good, but the slow does make it difficult. I have spent a few round just getting splatted by dynamo rollers hiding in ink. The short range of the Aerospray makes it really difficult to fight rollers if they fling ink at you. 

A workaround for this is to completely fill your gear with speed-up, just so you know, but I've been destroyed many times by a good Aerospray or dualie.

I have played the first one but i have never played the 2nd. I love the game it is just my Wii U game pads joystick is busted so it is pretty frustrating whenever i play it. And i Know Splatoon 2 is on switch But right now i am focusing on getting a bigger SD card and switch online.And thats hard since i do not have that much money and not having a job doesn't help. Especially when the Corona Virus going Around.

Sorry. I did not mean to rant.:unsure::)