Cultivations influence RoW Update![Disscuss]

Frustration

8 hours ago, Brightness Windrunner said:

The only problem with any of this is that if the stormfather knew any of this, why did he resist Kaladin and Syl bonding so much?  If Kaladin was truly prepared by honor or even his literal son or an avatar wouldn't he want Syl to bond him?

He litterally tried to kill his own bondsmith, I don't think he was fully cognisent until the end of WoR

I think the Child of Tanavast thing is important, but perhaps less literal than we've been making it. The WOB about Kaladin being almost "perfectly" aligned with the ideals of the windrunners/honor seems more important for me on this. As we learn more about the shards and heralds in the back 5, I imagine this will become more clear. I wonder if this is something that even helps Hold to connect with Kaladin earlier in the series--since he knew Tanavast as a person. But I also think it may be clear foreshadowing for Kaladin to take up the shard of Honor at the end, even though it seems Dalinar is being set up for reforming the power in text right now. So I thought it less "literal child" and more "whoa, dude, you're totally just like Tanavast was".