I know I'm acting real brand new but...

Hey guys, this is my first post and I want to start by saying thanks for welcoming me to the community! I've been a huge Sanderson fan for about 4 years now, and each of his books has impressed me more than the last.

As of today, I learned of the Cosmere.

No big deal to some of you, I'm sure. But I've read all of his books set in the Cosmere (I think), and only discovered that they were intentionally related due to some questions I posed to the internet about Wit (who I now know to be Hoid; still trying to grasp that connection). Well that, and the obvious Easter Egg at the end of the second book relating it to Warbreaker. That one had me grinning :)

Anyway, the point of the introduction is to explain that I'm somewhat duller than I originally presumed. The question now:  Does any brave soul want to catch me up on the basics? There's so much information here, and everything seems to reference something else I don't understand. I keep seeing mention of "Shards", but people obviously aren't talking about blades and armor here.

I thank you preemptively, for the knowledge!

Welcome to the forum! It sounds like you're looking for Cosmere 101. Which, as it happens, is the name of a topic created just so new users could be brought up to date on Cosmere knowledge, so lucky for you. :D

And don't think you're duller than normal for not figuring this out on your own. I'd be completely clueless if it weren't for the 17th Shard and the wiki. :P

Again, welcome and happy worldhopping!

• Chaos locked this topic