Shattered Stories

Bluest

On the steps of the palace, a black-furred cat ascended. Stair by stair he climbed, boosted almost immeasurably by the wind. A wind that, to those that knew how to listen, was complaining in a rather loud voice.

“...every single time! Every single bleeding time! You could easily make it up the stairs on your own. For goodness sakes, they have a ramp! You don’t even have to…”

Morpheus tuned the spirit out, an amused smile on his face. Knowing Chakra, if he had chosen the long way around on the ramps, the spirit would have complained about it being too slow and begged to help him speed it up. Then he’d forget about it halfway up and start complaining again.

“You’re just doing this to torture me, aren’t you?” ranted Chakra. “You have that smug grin on your face. I don’t have to do this, you know! I can leave whenever I want. I don’t have to put up with your spud.”

Morpheus continued to ignore Chakra’s ventings (including the potato reference- apparently Chakra’s species/type had a thing against the vegetable). It was adorable, really. He’d learned by now that that was by far the best way to deal with the spirit when he was going off like this. A lot like some people, in that respect.

The duo reached the top of the stairs. Chakra continued ranting for a second before he realized that they’d finished. He let out a final huff and zoomed ahead of Morpheus past the guards and into the palace.

Show-off, he thought with a sniff, following after the swift spirit.

–––

Morpheus paused as he entered the ballroom, unable to resist admiring the impressive room. It was huge: large enough to fit the house he’d grown up in several times over. Decorations lining the walls demonstrated the wealth that had accumulated in the royal family over centuries of generations, and the newly-replaced stained-glass and steel rooftop showed their willingness to blend modern styles with ancient architecture. Not that he cared particularly about that sort of thing himself, but it paid to know the direction that popular opinion was swinging.

His thoughts were suddenly interrupted by Chakra’s impatient voice. “Come on, Morpheus- we’re meeting with the queen, remember? She’s going to give you a medal or something, right?”

Or something, thought Morpheus, bracing himself. He’d been dreading this ever since he’d realized just how important his most recent rescuee was. A good third of his brain was telling him to walk back out the door the way he’d come and get out of this city for good.

But there was no way he was backing down. If there was one truth he held above all others, it was that you never ran away from Fate. It would always catch up to you in the end.

He took a deep breath- the last he would take as a feline, for now. “Chakra,” he said in a quiet yet intense voice. “It’s time.”

The wind playing around Morpheus slowed. With what seemed almost like a sigh of happiness, it brushed his tail with a jolt of unrestrained power. Power to move, power to change. Only a spark; but a spark was all he needed. He could take care of the rest himself.

His limbs and body began to grow and stretch as he pushed himself to two legs. His fur pulled into his body, replaced with coverings of cotton and polyester. His paws elongated, turning into hands with prehensile thumbs and long fingers. A long staff grew in the right one, seemingly out of nowhere. He leaned on it as the transformation spell finished its reversal. 

“Now,” said Chakra impatiently. “Let’s go.”

Morpheus exhaled and stepped into the room proper, walking at a steady pace towards the back of the room. Where the queen - and her daughter- were waiting for him.

Edited by xinoehp512

Her nose itched. Actually, Allie took that back. Her entire face itched. Oh why, why, why did she have to attend the stupid ball? Better question: why had she told Rosa that she had to attend the stupid ball? She was going to need to go regardless, but if she hadn't told Rosa then she could have gotten by on the bare minimum of fanciness. On the other hand, if Allie hadn't told Rosa, then Ella would have had to deal with it. And Allie did not want Ella to have to deal with it. After stepmother dearest, Allie would probably be the first to admit she was a pain. She was even more of a pain when she was forced into doing things. Add that to the fact that Ella was already sad (she tried not to show it, but Allie could tell) that she couldn't come to the ball? Yeah. Allie really didn't want Ella to have to deal with that. She'd already had to deal with helping the sisters get ready. So Allie had quietly informed her that Rosa would help. Even if Allie couldn't make it so that Ella could come, she could at least grant the girl a little time where she didn't have to endlessly cater to the whims of someone else. Long story short, she'd told Rosa, and the girl had actually squealed in excitement. Squealed! And then proceeded to go above and beyond all requirements, finding her the perfect dress (even if Allie was the one who had to go searching for it), doing her hair, doing whatever else she'd done. Which was a lot.

Allie had no clue what stepmother dearest would say. Partially because she didn't even know how she looked. She'd kind of been avoiding mirrors since it had all happened. Don't get her wrong! Allie had every confidence in Rosa's abilities. She was amazing at what she did--It would surprise her if there was anyone better--and Ella always looked fantastic after even just using one of Rosa's. . . whatever they were called. But, well, Ella was Ella. Allie was not. Her smiles could mostly be described as feral grins, her face was always covered in smudges, and the most common expression she had was one of anxiety. So yeah.

At least stepmother dearest hadn't seen yet. Allie had been sent out early to "get things ready." What things those were, Allie wasn't really sure. Scoping out seating? Making sure no one was wearing the same dress as them? Stealing a couple plates of pastries and requisitioning a couple of drinks so they'd have adequate snacks for the duration of the event? Yeah. Nope. Not really. No, Allie was sent along ahead so she could spy around and eavesdrop on conversations she wasn't involved in before the others arrived fashionably late. Or maybe to "find" a couple of "lost" trinkets. It was her job, and really the only reason they ever let her come to these types of things. It had kind of become second nature over time. So now, as she waited for stepmother dearest to arrive with the sisters, she sent her eyes flickering back and forth, scanning for familiar faces, new people, traces of sudden gains or losses in wealth, or for danger. Her attention flickered from one conversation to the next. Even ones that should have been out of earshot. Advanced hearing had it's uses, though she wished that spying for stepmother dearest was not one of them.

Her attention caught on a semi-familiar face. Slightly different, and no longer framed by dark wings, but familiar enough. A smile lit up Allie's face (a real, non-feral grin this time) and she waved, practically jumping up and down in excitement. There was never anyone interesting to talk to at these things. No friends. This time, there was Lynn. Was Lynn a friend? Allie didn't know, but it would be someone to talk to instead of just eavesdropping on other conversations. Anyways, she wanted to know if she'd ever tried Rosa's creamy stuff and what she was doing at the ball and how the palace had been and, you know, things! Interesting things. Like her bird and what had happened to her wings and- yeah, let's just sum it up with things.

@Aragorn

Sorry it took so long. I haven't been on here in ages, though I wish I could have been.

Lynn was getting a bit perturbed.  Most of the nobles that Ash had introduced her to looked at her in a way that gave the impression that, if Ash wasn't there, they could tear her, verbally, and perhaps physically limb from limb.  She knew that this kingdom and Briar's had a healthy alliance, but she had no idea things ran so deep.  A flash of movement caught her eye and she turned and saw the girl from before, Allie.  Finally, someone who didn't know who she was and who was fun to talk to.  She excused herself, sending Ash a sympathetic look, for the man they were talking to was one of the most boring people Lynn had ever met.  She made her way over to Allie, some of her annoyance fading.  "Hi, Allie, right?" @WrathofaShardKitten @Bluest

Edited by Aragorn

"Yep! That's me! And you're Lynn! It's nice to see you again." And it actually was! How awesome was that? Usually it was just fake pleasantries, but Lynn had actually come over to talk to her! No one did that. "I didn't think you'd be here. It's totally awesome that you are, though! Is your raven around, too?" Or, well, Allie hadn't really thought of it due to the dread of actually having to go to the ball, but if she had thought about it then she wouldn't have expected Lynn to be there.

@Aragorn

Lynn laughed, this girl really hadn't changed much.  Then she asked about Sky, "He most definitely isn't here.  He'd rather eat his own tail, he hates bright colors and fake emotions."  Lynn said, but that wasn't the only reason he wasn't here. For Sky was a very intelligent bird, fae magic could do that to animals, and he also hated people in power after the sleeping beauty incident.  Unconsciously, Lynn rubbed her arms where her iron scars would be concealed by the glamour.  @WrathofaShardKitten

Edited by Aragorn

"Oh, that's cool! Not the fake stuff, that's just plain annoying, but that he's smart enough to know when people are being fake I guess? I'm actually fine with bright colors. They're cool. Kind of dizzying sometimes, and I can't really tell if something is red or not, but they're cool. Pretty. You look really nice, by the way. I wanted to ask, did you ever try Rosa's stuff? I can never remember what it's called." Allie noticed the way Lynn's attention had drifted, as though she was remembering something not so nice. The questions were honest, but asked in part to distract Lynn from whatever she was thinking about. It didn't seem very nice, whatever it was.

@Aragorn

Lynn shook herself out of her stooper and started trying to keep up with everything Allie was saying, but it was harder than expected, the girl talked SO fast.  It was getting easier to talk to Allie, and it was refreshing to have someone who didn't immediately judge her, but, then again, Allie might not know of who Lynn really was. "Thank you, you too." She said, earnestly then Lynn answered her question, "Yeah, actually I'm wearing it right now."  The lotion had a strangely soothing effect on her and she'd decided to go ahead and wear it today, to help keep her from murdering the nobles. @WrathofaShardKitten

Edited by Aragorn

Sean tossed his car keys to the valet, eyeing him  “Don’t touch anything you don’t have to.” he said, taking a ticket from the man. Reamas stepped out of the car, straightening his coat and nodded to Sean. The two of them walked up the palace steps, Reamas gazing up at the architecture.
“Again with all these overwrought columns and steps. What’s the point of taking up all this space if you’re not going to use it. It makes no sense.” Reamas shook his head in bemusment as they arrived at the top of the steps. The doors were wide open, and there was an attendant taking invitations. Reamas nodded to Sean, who stayed back, hands clasped behind his back. 

“May I see your invitation?” the attendant said politely, holding out her hand. Reamas smiled, reaching into his coat and removing a thick sheet of paper. He handed it to the attendant, who looked it over before handing it back.
“There are a few others in our party who haven’t arrived yet.” Reamas said, “Please allow them through when they do arrive.” he gave the woman descriptions of Maggie and James, and she nodded. “Thank you.” Reamas said, nodding for Sean to follow as he walked inside. 

“Well that went rather well.” Sean said, straightening his coat and looking around.
“Indeed.” Reamas replied, “We have some time until the main event, and there are a few things I’d like to do before then.” 

Sean shook his head, already walking away, “Don’t worry, I see a few people I want to talk to already.” the red haired strode off, quickly disappearing into the crowd. Reamas stuck his hands into his pocket and went to find Ash. He quickly located her, stepping silently up next to her.

“Good evening.” he said, his expression unreadable.

Allie immediately perked up at the information. "That's awesome! I should totally let her know! So, how did you end up here? I got sent ahead by stepmother dearest to 'get things ready' for her. I think it was mostly so that she didn't have to deal with me, though. Kinda wish she'd just let me stay home, but then I wouldn't have gotten to talk to you. So, did someone rope you into coming, or was it like, 'Ooo! Fancy ball that I will literally never have the chance to go to again.' Either one is fine. I actually have another friend who wanted to come, but wasn't able to." A shadow crossed her face, but it was gone again in an instant.

@Aragorn

Edited by WrathofaShardKitten
Typo.

“Go mingle,” said Morpheus to Chakra as they approached the queen. “See what you can learn. I’ll call you if I need you.” He didn’t expect to need the spirit any time soon, but you never knew- best he stayed within calling distance.

Morpheus came to a stop in front of Queen Celeste, dropping on one knee into a bow. A little wobbly, to be truthful, but passable. He’d visited enough royal halls in his travels to know proper protocol, even if his origins were humble. And this was technically his kingdom, so he might as well make a good impression.

“Welcome, Morpheus,” said the queen. “I see you received our invitation.”

“Yes, Your Majesty,” said Morpheus, keeping his head bowed. “Your humble servant is most grateful indeed.”

The queen waved him off. “No,” she said, “It is to you that we must be grateful. A hundred invitations could not even begin to repay the favor you have done us in recovering our eldest daughter from the hands of the dread sorcerer Malchezius.”

“I live to serve, my queen.”

“Well,” said the queen after a pause. “Let it not be said that those who serve the Iron Crown go unrewarded.” Morpheus heard the rustle of silk as she gestured to the priest standing beside her. He heard the sharp sound of a sword being drawn from its scabbard and swallowed. Even if he knew his skin was safe from its edge, there were too many bad memories associated with that almost-musical tone for him to ever feel fully comfortable hearing it.

I wonder how much she knows? he wondered as the flat of the blade tapped him once on each shoulder. Did she plan that specifically because she knew it would unnerve me? Probably not; but you could never be sure, not when she was involved. Rumor had it she had informants in every hamlet, village, and city in the entire kingdom. Morpheus doubted her intelligence web was that dense, but there was no denying that Queen Celeste seemed almost omniscient at times.

But of course, the piece of Celeste’s knowledge that would pose the most danger to him wasn’t going to be any of his pet peeves or phobias. No, what he was really worried about was the prophecy. Not many people knew about it, but unfortunately for him, she was one of them. And he had no doubt she knew exactly how to use it to best serve her purposes.

Morpheus' thoughts were interrupted by the queen speaking. “Rise, Sir Morpheus, Knight of the Order of Iron.” He rose, lifting his eyes to meet Celeste’s cool and calculating gaze. He took a breath to speak, but was interrupted before he could get words out. “A life-debt is not so easily repaid, of course,” continued Celeste. “Especially considering the rumours that have reached us of your other feats- which, if true, would more than qualify you for knighthood. No, you have earned something more.” She leaned forwards. “A favor,” she said in a lighter tone. “Riches, treasure, magic… anything your heart desires. Within limits, of course.” She leaned in even closer, her eyes boring holes in his skull. “Including our daughter’s hand in marriage, should you so desire.”

There it is, thought Morpheus with gloom. He could feel fate tightening around him, like steel coords binding him to a single path. Celeste knew the prophecy. Which meant that she knew that he had to follow it, no matter the personal cost. And if the only interpretation he could find was that he would marry the princess, then marry her he must.

“Of course, you need not declare a favor right away,” continued Celeste, leaning back in her chair. “In fact, we insist you deliberate your choice for a time. One week should be sufficient, yes?”

Morpheus bowed his head slightly. “Your Majesty is most gracious.”

“One week it shall be, then.” She clapped, and a servant scurried over. “Prepare a room for Sir Morpheus,” she commanded. “And notify your superiors that that room will be occupied for the next week.” The servant nodded and scurried off.

The queen turned back to Morpheus. “You may go to your rooms whenever you choose- simply ask any servant to direct you to Philodius, he should be able to handle it. Until then… I believe Andromeda is somewhere in the hall, should you wish to converse with her.” The queen raised an eyebrow. “I do believe she never got a chance to thank you.”

Morpheus gave a final bow before walking away to mingle with the crowd.

––

Chakra floated as the wind through the crowd. So many, he thought, fascinated. Morpheus almost never went out in crowds. In fact, Chakra didn’t think that he’d ever been in a crowd before now. So much potential for chaos… too bad that Morpheus would disapprove.

So many humans, he thought, fascinated. Flesh and blood and bone… but no power. According to Morpheus, very few humans had power. Although a lot of the people that they’d killed had had some. Maybe Morpheus had something against people with power? He had power, but apparently it was only ‘borrowed’ or something like that. Well, whatever the reason, Chakra was happy to help Morpheus kill them.

All of a sudden, Chakra noticed something. Two Fae, standing as clear as air in the midst of the party. Now, that was a rare sight. He rustled past people’s clothes as he drifted over, sifting through scraps of overheard conversation to try and learn more.

What he heard intrigued him greatly. The first was, apparently, a guardian- whatever that meant. People didn’t seem to be talking a lot about her for some reason. The other one, however… they were most certainly talking about her.

Lynn Stormwind, he thought with fascination as he listened to what was being said about her. A dark Fae, apparently- and a powerful one, to boot, if half the rumours he heard were true. Which was odd, because she didn’t seem very dark. There was shadow there, to be true- some kind of curse, maybe?- but there wasn’t much of the aura he’d expect from a dark mage. Whatever magic she had done, she’d paid the rightful price for it.

As he reached Lynn, he realized something. She had the gift of True Language. She could talk to him! He hadn’t spoken to anyone but Morpheus in forever. And he could ask her questions, too!

“Hello!” he said cheerfully in Lynn’s ear. “You’re name’s Lynn, right? I’m Chakra! A lot of people seem to think you’re a dark fairy. Which is really weird, because you don’t have any dark aura! What’s up with that?”

@Aragorn

Edited by xinoehp512

12 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

Chakra floated as the wind through the crowd. So many, he thought, fascinated. Morpheus almost never went out in crowds. In fact, Chakra didn’t think that he’d ever been in a crowd before now. So much potential for chaos… too bad that Morpheus would disapprove.

So many humans, he thought, fascinated. Flesh and blood and bone… but no power. According to Morpheus, very few humans had power. Although a lot of the people that they’d killed had had some. Maybe Morpheus had something against people with power? He had power, but apparently it was only ‘borrowed’ or something like that. Well, whatever the reason, Chakra was happy to help Morpheus kill them.

All of a sudden, Chakra noticed something. Two Fae, standing as clear as air in the midst of the party. Now, that was a rare sight. He rustled past people’s clothes as he drifted over, sifting through scraps of overheard conversation to try and learn more.

What he heard intrigued him greatly. The first was, apparently, a guardian- whatever that meant. People didn’t seem to be talking a lot about her for some reason. The other one, however… they were most certainly talking about her.

Lynn Stormwind, he thought with fascination as he listened to what was being said about her. A dark Fae, apparently- and a powerful one, to boot, if half the rumours he heard were true. Which was odd, because she didn’t seem very dark. There was shadow there, to be true- some kind of curse, maybe?- but there wasn’t much of the aura he’d expect from a dark mage. Whatever magic she had done, she’d paid the rightful price for it.

As he reached Lynn, he realized something. She had the gift of True Language. She could talk to him! He hadn’t spoken to anyone but Morpheus in forever. And he could ask her questions, too!

“Hello!” he said cheerfully in Lynn’s ear. “You’re name’s Lynn, right? I’m Chakra! A lot of people seem to think you’re a dark fairy. Which is really weird, because you don’t have any dark aura! What’s up with that?”

@Aragorn

Lynn turned at the sound of another voice, one that belonged to someone with power.  She inadvertently fell into a defensive stance, then realized something, this... whatever he was was speaking in True language, a language Lynn herself had only used once before.  Then he started asking questions, about her, and her curse.  She groaned inwardly, she didn't like this topic. She then sighed and answered the question.  "I don't have a dark aura because I'm not a dark fae, no matter what they say.  My parents were both normal fae.  I was cursed at a young age, I can't do normal enchantments, Whatever I do, or try to, ends up into some horrible curse that I can't revoke." Without making it worse, She thought, agian, rubbing her arms beneath the glamour and the iron scars that lay there, reminders of what she had done to Sleeping Beauty.  @xinoehp512 @WrathofaShardKitten

Edited by Aragorn

1 hour ago, Aragorn said:

Lynn turned at the sound of another voice, one that belonged to someone with power.  She inadvertently fell into a defensive stance, then realized something, this... whatever he was was speaking in True language, a language Lynn herself had only used once before.  Then he started asking questions, about her, and her curse.  She groaned inwardly, she didn't like this topic. She then sighed and answered the question.  "I don't have a dark aura because I'm not a dark fae, no matter what they say.  My parents were both normal fae.  I was cursed at a young age, I can't do normal enchantments, Whatever I do, or try to, ends up into some horrible curse that I can't revoke." Without making it worse, She thought, agian, rubbing her arms beneath the glamour and the iron scars that lay there, reminders of what she had done to Sleeping Beauty.  @xinoehp512 @WrathofaShardKitten

"So it is a curse," said Chakra with interest. "Neat! Morpheus has, like, seventeen dozen of those. Is that why you're so powerful?"

@Aragorn

Edited by xinoehp512

31 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"So it is a curse," said Chakra with interest. "Neat! Morpheus has, like, seventeen dozen of those. Is that why you're so powerful?"

@Aragorn

Lynn furrowed her brow, she honestly didn't know.  "I don't know.  Maybe my parents?  I never knew them."  She didn't add that they had abandoned her, but power was genetic, right? @xinoehp512

On 5/22/2020 at 8:51 AM, Aragorn said:

Lynn turned at the sound of another voice, one that belonged to someone with power.  She inadvertently fell into a defensive stance, then realized something, this... whatever he was was speaking in True language, a language Lynn herself had only used once before.  Then he started asking questions, about her, and her curse.  She groaned inwardly, she didn't like this topic. She then sighed and answered the question.  "I don't have a dark aura because I'm not a dark fae, no matter what they say.  My parents were both normal fae.  I was cursed at a young age, I can't do normal enchantments, Whatever I do, or try to, ends up into some horrible curse that I can't revoke." Without making it worse, She thought, agian, rubbing her arms beneath the glamour and the iron scars that lay there, reminders of what she had done to Sleeping Beauty.

Lynn flinched, turning towards one side and falling into a ready position, as if she expected to be attacked. Allie immediately did the same, trying to find the danger in the crowd. She had to forcibly stop herself from sprouting her kitty claws and ears, because while they were useful, she couldn't expose herself. Yet. Not when she couldn't find an immediate threat. And... there didn't seem to be anything. Allie glanced back at Lynn, trying to see if there was still a threat, and then Lynn talked. Which wasn't actually all that surprising in and of itself, it was just weird because Lynn wasn't talking to her or anyone else, she was just- Oh. Invisible person. They must have asked her a question or something.

Allie allowed herself to relax slightly, though she kept her guard up all the same. Invisible people put her on edge, because they might be a threat and who knew how much they saw? She listened to Lynn's words - apparently she couldn't hear the invisible person's side of the conversation - with half an ear as she tried to see where the invisible person was. There should be some indication. A spot people avoided stepping. Some way to tell where they were. It was still odd, because Allie could usually tell when something was happening. If it was a spell or some type of enchantment that was keeping them hidden, then Allie should be able to see or feel something. She'd always been able to before. It helped to keep her out of trouble.

She was so focused on trying to find some sign of the invisible person that it took Allie half a second to realize what Lynn had said. Cursed. "That's what it was! The prickling feeling from last time I met you, remember? I couldn't figure out what it was." Which had been really strange and not very pleasant since she couldn't figure out what was causing it. Stuff like that had happened before, but there was something oddly demanding about the feeling last time. Like Allie should know what it was, but didn't, and the feeling didn't like that. It had wanted to be acknowledged. Which sounded really weird when Allie said it in her head. She definitely wasn't going to be mentioning that to any psychiatrists she happened to run into.

The prickling had started up again when she'd started talking to Lynn earlier, but she had elected to ignore it because Lynn was nice and not boring and something about it had still reminded her of Rosa. Which made sense now that she knew what the feeling was. Something about knowing where it was from made the feeling far less demanding as well, though she was sure there'd still be limits to how much of it she could stand.

@Aragorn

Edited by WrathofaShardKitten
Adding a tag.

On 5/22/2020 at 1:37 PM, Aragorn said:

Lynn furrowed her brow, she honestly didn't know.  "I don't know.  Maybe my parents?  I never knew them."  She didn't add that they had abandoned her, but power was genetic, right? @xinoehp512

"If you never knew them, how do you know they weren't dark magic users?" asked Chakra, puzzled.

On 5/22/2020 at 2:11 PM, WrathofaShardKitten said:

she was sure there'd still be limits to how much of it she could stand.

e.g. Morpheus. :P

@Bluest, how old is Charles? And do you have any plans/preferences for how the monarchy functions?

@Bluest

Edited by xinoehp512

• 2 months later...
On 5/22/2020 at 0:11 PM, WrathofaShardKitten said:

Lynn flinched, turning towards one side and falling into a ready position, as if she expected to be attacked. Allie immediately did the same, trying to find the danger in the crowd. She had to forcibly stop herself from sprouting her kitty claws and ears, because while they were useful, she couldn't expose herself. Yet. Not when she couldn't find an immediate threat. And... there didn't seem to be anything. Allie glanced back at Lynn, trying to see if there was still a threat, and then Lynn talked. Which wasn't actually all that surprising in and of itself, it was just weird because Lynn wasn't talking to her or anyone else, she was just- Oh. Invisible person. They must have asked her a question or something.

Allie allowed herself to relax slightly, though she kept her guard up all the same. Invisible people put her on edge, because they might be a threat and who knew how much they saw? She listened to Lynn's words - apparently she couldn't hear the invisible person's side of the conversation - with half an ear as she tried to see where the invisible person was. There should be some indication. A spot people avoided stepping. Some way to tell where they were. It was still odd, because Allie could usually tell when something was happening. If it was a spell or some type of enchantment that was keeping them hidden, then Allie should be able to see or feel something. She'd always been able to before. It helped to keep her out of trouble.

She was so focused on trying to find some sign of the invisible person that it took Allie half a second to realize what Lynn had said. Cursed. "That's what it was! The prickling feeling from last time I met you, remember? I couldn't figure out what it was." Which had been really strange and not very pleasant since she couldn't figure out what was causing it. Stuff like that had happened before, but there was something oddly demanding about the feeling last time. Like Allie should know what it was, but didn't, and the feeling didn't like that. It had wanted to be acknowledged. Which sounded really weird when Allie said it in her head. She definitely wasn't going to be mentioning that to any psychiatrists she happened to run into.

The prickling had started up again when she'd started talking to Lynn earlier, but she had elected to ignore it because Lynn was nice and not boring and something about it had still reminded her of Rosa. Which made sense now that she knew what the feeling was. Something about knowing where it was from made the feeling far less demanding as well, though she was sure there'd still be limits to how much of it she could stand.

@Aragorn

On 5/22/2020 at 0:20 PM, xinoehp512 said:

"If you never knew them, how do you know they weren't dark magic users?" asked Chakra, puzzled.

@Bluest

She turned to Allie, suprised, she had completely forgotten about her presence in the room.  "Yeah, sorry 'bout that, can't control it."  Then Chakra asked about her parents.  She felt a spark of anger arise, to put it lightly, she didn't care for them.   "The lady I grew up with knew them.  Apparently they didn't want or care about some cursed imperfect child."  She said, bitterness lacing her voice.

@xinoehp512 @WrathofaShardKitten

Edited by Aragorn

2 hours ago, Aragorn said:

She turned to Allie, suprised, she had completely forgotten about her presence in the room.  "Yeah, sorry 'bout that, can't control it."  Then Chakra asked about her parents.  She felt a spark of anger arise, to put it lightly, she didn't care for them.   "The lady I grew up with knew them.  Apparently they didn't want or care about some cursed imperfect child."  She said, bitterness lacing her voice.

@xinoehp512 @WrathofaShardKitten

"Even though you're super powerful?" said Chakra, puzzled.

@Aragorn

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/20/2020 at 2:07 PM, Aragorn said:

"I guess it doesn't matter, because of the curse everything I do, or try to do backfires."  She said, dejectedly.

"Oh, but there are ways around every curse!" said Chakra excitedly. "At least, that's what Morpheus said. And he's an expert, so he should know."

On 8/24/2020 at 7:38 AM, xinoehp512 said:

"You don't know him?" said Chakra, surprised. "He's pretty famous. He goes around getting cursed by people and then he kills them."

"Wow... so, theoretically, he could help me find a way around my curse?"  She asked, hesitant.  Maybe... just maybe... I could be a normal fae.

5 hours ago, Aragorn said:

"Wow... so, theoretically, he could help me find a way around my curse?"  She asked, hesitant.  Maybe... just maybe... I could be a normal fae.

"If anyone could, it would be him!" Chakra lowered his voice. "He's got a special sensitivity that makes him especially good at it. But don't tell anyone; it's sort of secret."