Shattered Stories

Bluest

Lynn looked at the phone number, then flew off, the hotel wasn't a very nice one, she couldn't afford one of those.  As she walked in, she saw the hotel manager with her suitcase and violin case.  He shoved them towards her, fear in his eyes.  She took them, gave him a 5 dollar tip, thanked him, and walked out.  She wasn't sure what she was going to do now.  Her hotel reservation up north wasn't for another two weeks.  She glanced at the phone number again.  No, she wasn't going to call, yet.  So, she went wandering.

Can I join?

If so . . .

Name: Allie

Inspiration: She's basically a were-cat. (The original version of Allie was a cat, turned human by Cinderella's fairy godmother, but I thought that might be kind of god-modish.)

Appearance: Small, with long sandy colored hair. She likes to keep it tied back in a ponytail. She has green eyes, freckles, and a couple of scars on her face and arms. She usually has smudges of dirt, soot, ash, flour, or whatever else adorning her face and clothes. Her appearance as a cat is fairly similar, with the same major features. She has sandy-colored fur and bright green eyes as a cat. In both forms, it's obvious that she's underweight.

Backstory: Allie was taken in by Ella's father. Ella's stepmother was planning to get rid of Allie, but thought the girl might be useful once her abilities were discovered. Allie now lives with them, functioning as a servant/spy/thief/messenger/whatever else Ella's stepmother might need. Allie feels little loyalty to Ella's stepmother, and tries to help Ella out as much as she can without getting in trouble. Allie considers Ella a friend -- one of the only ones she has. Allie has grown quite adept at using her powers discretely. The only other friend Allie has is a little girl named Rosa who lives on the streets. Allie does her best to sneak Rosa food when she can. Ella is the only other person who knows about Rosa, and even then, Ella doesn't know much.

(Note: Allie can give herself any of the cat features without going full cat. For example, she could give herself the claws, eyes, ears, or tail if she wanted to. Allie also has enhanced physical attributes, like eyesight, reflexes, speed, and agility. Drawbacks of Allie's catish condition include a short attention span for certain things, a dislike and distrust of dogs, and a somewhat irrational fear of drowning.)

@WrathofaShardKitten, Allie sounds like a wonderful character and I'm really excited to meet her!!

Ash sighed after Lynn, not quite satisfied. She wanted a real answer, not just a maybe. It was fine though, and Ash pulled her attention to Coyote and the other two. 

"And your answers, gentlemen?" Ash asked, smiling again.

12 hours ago, Bluest said:

Ash sighed after Lynn, not quite satisfied. She wanted a real answer, not just a maybe. It was fine though, and Ash pulled her attention to Coyote and the other two. 

"And your answers, gentlemen?" Ash asked, smiling again.

Rumpelstiltskin breathed a sigh of relief as the dark fairy walked off.

"I'm sorry, what?" he said, suddenly realizing the human girl had spoken to him. "Did you ask me a question?"

"Lovely. I look forward to seeing you there," Ash said to Coyote and turned her focus to the small man. "I was inviting you to the Prince's ball."

His attention seemed to be taken by something else, and Ash figured it was turned towards Lynn. He seemed unnerved. Ash wondered if he could feel the power that rolled off their companions as well. How sensitive to magic was he?

Ash stood there in akward silence for a while. She want used to just being ignored. "Wellllll... I guess the offer still stands when you make your mind up about it. Good day Coyote. Sirs." She nodded to each of the men and walked away. She still had a lot more to prepare for in the coming week, and didn't have much more time to waste. Ash looked back one last time at the Braithwope home and walked away.

Sorry for posting twice in a row, but I don't want this to go dead and I don't have any more alliteration in me to revive it again. Fractured Fables maybe? Anyway, sorry.

12 hours ago, Bluest said:

Ash stood there in akward silence for a while. She want used to just being ignored. "Wellllll... I guess the offer still stands when you make your mind up about it. Good day Coyote. Sirs." She nodded to each of the men and walked away. She still had a lot more to prepare for in the coming week, and didn't have much more time to waste. Ash looked back one last time at the Braithwope home and walked away.

Oh, sorry! I forgot about this. As a side note, you can edit in a mention and it will work.

On 2/24/2020 at 9:24 AM, Bluest said:

"Lovely. I look forward to seeing you there," Ash said to Coyote and turned her focus to the small man. "I was inviting you to the Prince's ball."

His attention seemed to be taken by something else, and Ash figured it was turned towards Lynn. He seemed unnerved. Ash wondered if he could feel the power that rolled off their companions as well. How sensitive to magic was he?

"...what?" said Rumpelstiltskin, taken completely off guard. "To the... a human ball?"

Ash, who was only a couple steps away at this point, sighed and turned back to the little man. "Well yes. What other balls would I be referring to? Do you go to a lot of selkie parties or gryphon soirees?" 

If he did he would have to tell her how to get an invitation to one. She wasn't particularly a party person, but an exception had to be made for the gryphons. Fabulous fashion sense and amazing food. Only the best of the best got in. They were too exclusive for even her, which was saying something as she was fairy godmother to the crown prince.

Ash was letting her thoughts get away with her. Back on track. Who was this (frankly offensive with his comments about Lynn) guy?

13 hours ago, Bluest said:

Ash, who was only a couple steps away at this point, sighed and turned back to the little man. "Well yes. What other balls would I be referring to? Do you go to a lot of selkie parties or gryphon soirees?" 

If he did he would have to tell her how to get an invitation to one. She wasn't particularly a party person, but an exception had to be made for the gryphons. Fabulous fashion sense and amazing food. Only the best of the best got in. They were too exclusive for even her, which was saying something as she was fairy godmother to the crown prince.

Ash was letting her thoughts get away with her. Back on track. Who was this (frankly offensive with his comments about Lynn) guy?

"Some," said the dwarf defensively. "But a human dance is for humans. Not fae."

On 3/2/2020 at 9:26 AM, xinoehp512 said:

"Some," said the dwarf defensively. "But a human dance is for humans. Not fae."

Would it be okay with all of you if we did a bit of a time skip to the ball? I don't want to ruin anyone's master plan here.

Ash squinted at him. Was he serious? She was a faerie herself and was planning the whole thing. Whatever. The doll could refuse the invitation if he wanted. Ash had more serious things to consider than some silly man she had met on the side of the road. She quickly said goodbye and walked away.

Edited by Bluest

I think I have a few more things to post, but after Lynn gets situated, sure.

Lynn was wandering, thinking of what to do, and the phone number kept coming back into her mind, had the faerie actually ment what she had said, and could Lynn actually muster up the courage to call her?  Just then, a guy walking down the street called to her, and started walking forward, "Hey, haven't I seen you somewhere before?"  He asked, and that was the final straw, she was already figured out once today, so she was extra jumpy, and before she knew what she was doing, she took off.  She landed on a building nearby, Sky circling her.  Without thinking, she punched in the number, having it ring on her a few times.  @Bluest

Edited by Aragorn

On 3/3/2020 at 8:12 PM, Bluest said:

Ash squinted at him. Was he serious? She was a faerie herself and was planning the whole thing. Whatever. The doll could refuse the invitation if he wanted. Ash had more serious things to consider than some silly man she had met on the side of the road. She quickly said goodbye and walked away.

Wait, she's not human? Oops. :P 

On 3/2/2020 at 8:25 AM, Aragorn said:

Wanna RP? Lynn is downtown 

Sure. Sorry it took so long to respond. Life got kind of hectic these past weeks.

Allie was really late. Like, really late. Hopefully not late enough that the others had gotten back yet, since they always took longer than they said they would, but late enough that if they were ever back from their trips on time, she would have most definitely been caught. Honestly, she didn't really care so much about step-mother dearest or the sisters. Allie could always make up an excuse if she had to. The real problem was that she had promised Ella that she'd help out with the chores and kitchen stuff today, and she'd already been gone far too long. Hopefully the gift from Rosa, tucked safely away in her pocket, would help make it up to the girl.
She hadn't really meant to take so long. It had just... taken longer than planned to drop off the food. And then Rosa had needed some help, and one thing had led to another, and now Allie was running at full speed - which was rather fast - through the city, dodging around people as best she could and alley jumping as much as necessary. It was faster than trying to navigate around all the dead ends this city provided, but rather more perilous to anyone who happened to be on the other side of the walls. Usually, that was no one. Today, that was someone with huge black wings standing on the other side of a wall. Oops. Allie couldn't stop herself from crashing into the girl, accidentally knocking her over.
"Sorry!" Allie leaped to her feet, offering a hand to help the other girl up. A dark shiver of dread worked it's way down her spine, but Allie ignored it. She'd spent plenty of time with Rosa, who always caused prickles of unease, but that was probably fine. She'd knocked the girl over for goodness sakes. It would be just plain mean not to help her up. No matter how much it was cutting into her time, or how jumpy the feeling made her. If worst came to worst, Allie could always run. Though she did find herself fervently hoping that the girl wasn't too mad about getting knocked over.

@Aragorn

Lynn jumped up and out of the way, the phone dropping out of her hand, the call forgotten.  She glanced at the person who had bumped into her, and seeing the proffered hand, shook her head, her magic tended to have an off-putting feeling.  "It's fine."  While this had happened, Sky had swooped down, and landed on her shoulder, giving the girl a look.  She shouldered her violin case and suitcase and studied the girl. @WrathofaShardKitten

do you want to reply to the phone call now?

@Bluest

11 hours ago, Aragorn said:

Lynn jumped up and out of the way, the phone dropping out of her hand, the call forgotten.  She glanced at the person who had bumped into her, and seeing the proffered hand, shook her head, her magic tended to have an off-putting feeling.  "It's fine."  While this had happened, Sky had swooped down, and landed on her shoulder, giving the girl a look.  She shouldered her violin case and suitcase and studied the girl.

Allie cringed, dropping her hand. "Sorry. Again. Um..." She stooped, quickly picking up the phone and offering it back to the girl. "I really hope it's not broken. If it is..." Drat. Allie didn't have money, so she couldn't exactly offer to pay for it. Oh well. "If it is, I'll do my best to make it up to you. I can't promise I'll be able to pay you back, like, with money, but I'd figure something out." She was momentarily distracted by the bird on the girl's shoulder. It seemed to be eyeing her. "Right. Um..." There was an uncomfortable prickling feeling at the base of her skull, making it harder to think. Some kind of dark aura? Maybe, but the girl herself didn't look too scary. "My name's Allie. If you need to find me, I'm usually around the market area each afternoon for a couple hours. Or that big fancy street with all the houses. I work there. Just... let me know if I can make it up to you?" The bird was still staring at her.

Then the inevitable distraction occurred. "Your bird is really weird, by the way. Really cool, but also really weird. He... she? Keeps on staring at me. Is it mad at me? Are you mad at me? I'm really sorry for knocking you over." Yay. Rambling . . . "Do you live here? I haven't seen you before. Where do you live? Sorry, you don't have to tell me where you live, I was just curious. Can you fly with those wings?" And she just kept on going . . . Great. She probably thought Allie was crazy now. Which she wasn't. Crazy. Totally. Allie clamped her mouth forcibly closed, giving Lynn a chance to respond.

Brandon tied a bandana around his nose and mouth. That, along with his sunglasses, would hide his face from any cameras that caught him on film. The others were donning their masks of choice. Once James and Kevin were ready, he nodded to them and pushed the doors open. The three of them quickly ducked out of the rear of the armored truck, weapons tucked close to their bodies. Leading the way, Brandon shouldered the doors to the bank open, striding in. He fired a spray of rounds from his SMG, getting the attention of everyone in the bank.

“Right, listen up!” he shouted, “Hopefully you all know what to do. If you don’t, well you’re about to learn.” A security guard drew his sidearm and fired a shot. Kevin shot him in the shoulder, knocking him to the floor. “Heads down, everyone!” Brandon shouted, firing another spray from his gun. He nodded to James and the two of them walked quickly downstairs, to the vault. Upon reaching the secondary security checkpoint, Brandon drew his revolver and shot the guard in the head. “Alright James, work your magic.” Brandon said with a slight grin. 

James placed a hand on the door, and Brandon could see a faint shimmer around it. After about a minute, James nodded and pushed the large door open. It swung easily. The two of them walked in, James pulling several bags out of his backpack and unrolling them. Brandon began to grab stacks of cash, quickly filling the bags. “Remember, cash only.” James nodded, and began to help. Soon they had several duffel bags full. “Right, that’s probably enough.” Brandon said, closing up the last bag and slinging it over his shoulder.

Kevin was still standing in the lobby when they returned, his shotgun held almost casually in one hand. Brandon tossed him a duffel and the three of them walked out of the bank. Before they left, Brandon turned back to the people. 

“Remember, we were never here.” he said, and grinned underneath his mask. 

Maggie shifted so she was actually sitting in the seat as they tossed the cash in the armored truck and jumped in after it. Brandon banged on the side of the truck twice, signaling Maggie that they were all in. She shifted the car into gear just as the wail of police sirens echoed down the road. 

Brandon swore, putting a new magazine into his gun just in case. Luckily, they managed to evade the police without incident, and pulled into the warehouse maybe 20 minutes later.

Reamas catchup in a bit. 

On 3/12/2020 at 5:14 PM, Aragorn said:

Lynn raised an eyebrow at the girl, Allie, was she done, she quickly realized the phone was still ringing and, didn't dismiss the call, but instead, stuck it in her jeans pocket.  "I'm Lynn."  She said simply, she hadn't caught what else she had said.

"That's cool!" Allie perked up. It sounded like she wasn't super angry! After all, why would you give your name to someone you were super angry at? "I mean, it's a nice name. My name's Allie. Wait. I already said that, right? Ugh... sorry, there's, like, this weird prickling at the base of my skull and it's kind of distracting me right now, sooooo. Yeah." She rubbed the spot, as if that would make the prickling go away. "Is that you, by the way? It's totally fine if it is. I was just wondering. ... Unless it is you, and it means that you want me to go away. If that's the case then I can totally do that." Babbling again. Just get to the point already. "But, um, if it is because you want me to leave, then I'd like to say I'm really sorry again, and try to make up for it? Um..." Should she do it? She'd been planning to use it as part of her apology to Ella, but she'd understand. "I have a friend that makes stuff. Like, lotions and whatever else, and sometimes she gives me free samples or whatever. I never use it, but I thought maybe you might? As a 'sorry for bumping into you and almost knocking you over and possibly also accidentally breaking your phone' present?" Allie pulled out the small container of nice smelling, smooth, whitish, creamy stuff. It was in a pretty bottle that Allie had brought Rosa the week before. She honestly couldn't remember for the life of her what it was supposed to be. She never used it, and Ella had enough experience helping with the sisters that she could usually recognize whatever stuff Allie brought back and how to use it. All that Allie really remembered of Rosa's explanation was that it was safe to use anywhere, it wouldn't kill you if you accidentally ate it or stuck it in your eye, it smelled nice, and it made you look pretty. And yeah. That was it.

Allie kind of really hoped that Lynn would take it (and her apology). If she didn't then Allie would have a cloud of guilt hanging over her forever and ever. Well, maybe that was a slight exaggeration, but Allie did not like being in people's debt. The sisters and Stepmother dearest did that often enough, and Allie hated it with a passion.

"You're fine."  Lynn said, what else had she said?  Oh, the strange feeling.  Lynn nodded in confirmation that it was her, but didn't know what to say when she had asked if that meant she wanted Allie to go away, she didn't mind if Allie stayed or left.  Then, Allie was proffering a bottle of... Lotion? Did she miss something?  She looked back over their conversation, is this a peace offering of some sort? More importantly, was it of Faerie make?  How to put it delicately?  "Who made this?"  She asked, taking the lotion, studying it.  Meanwhile, Sky was playing lookout, flying in circles around Lynn's head. @WrathofaShardKitten

Edited by Aragorn

21 minutes ago, Aragorn said:

"You're fine."  Lynn said, what else had she said?  Oh, the strange feeling.  Lynn nodded in confirmation that it was her, but didn't know what to say when she had asked if that meant she wanted Allie to go away, she didn't mind if Allie stayed or left.  Then, Allie was proffering a bottle of... Lotion? Did she miss something?  She looked back over their conversation, is this a peace offering of some sort? More importantly, was it of Faerie make?  How to put it delicately?  "Who made this?"  She asked, taking the lotion, studying it.  Meanwhile, Sky was playing lookout, flying in circles around Lynn's head.

Allie shrugged, closing down slightly. "My friend. She likes to experiment with different things, and she's pretty good at making them."

The prickling sensation was still there, but it was less distracting now that Allie knew where it was coming from. Lynn didn't particularly seem to mind if she stuck around for now, so Allie stayed in case there were anymore questions or whatever. She'd probably need to get going soon, get back to Ella and the house, but she had a few minutes at least.

Spoiler
Spoiler

I'm so sorry I keep hitting these boxes and I can't get rid of them.

I'm sorry I haven't posted for a while. I've been busy. Sorry.

Ash heard a ringing and searched her person frantically for the phone. She had far too many pockets and not enough time. Finally, she found it and answered the call, but no one seemed to be on the other end. She waited for a moment and heard a far away voice on the other end. 

"My name's Allie.......

"I'm Lynn.........

"Cool... Allie.....

Ash could hardly make out what they were saying. But as soon as she heard Lynn's name, she started to yell. Hopefully she was loud enough for them to hear her on the other side of the phone.

"HELLO? IS ANYONE THERE?" She tried for their attention.