Cosmere beauty pageant

Allendrius

No one’s going to mention Khriss for both beauty and brains?

I imagine to keep the beauty side under control the contestants can’t use their local magics to change their appearance and Kandra have to stay in one form without changing anything about their appearance.

Can shards participate? Imagine trying to vote against Harmony. Also if it's a beauty pageant we have to mention the returned. Blushweaver is gorgeous, has perfect pitch, and convinced her fellows to put her in charge of a huge military force. Beauty skill and charisma right there. 

Edit: I've been thinking about it and in addition to a beauty pageant who would win in like Olympic events? Pewterarms? Surgebinders? Idk just a thought.

Edited by Minintrovert

Oh, no mention of Venli, is it? Even in mateform? Humans only, eh? RACISTS!! :wacko:

And what about Arclo the Dysian Aimian. If you think the Marshquisitor will win votes through intimidation, what about the judges feeling, just as they are about to vote, like a few teeny tiny creepy-crawlies are going up their legs. *shudder*

On 2/14/2020 at 8:53 PM, Retrac said:

I vote for the old fat men. Who ever they may be

So in this sub-category, off the top of my head, some of the contestants are:

• Highprince Turinad "Turi" Sebarial of Roshar
  • Camon the Crewleader, late (very late) of Luthadel
  • Edgard "Breeze" Ladrian, "Counselor of Gods"
  • Lord Jackstom Harms of Elendel

Hmm, 3 of 4 from Scacrial (two from the Final Empire, one skaa). Surely there are more!

20 minutes ago, robardin said:

Hmm, 3 of 4 from Scacrial (two from the Final Empire, one skaa). Surely there are more!

Having trouble with his name, I think Telrii? The noble in Elantris that sold everyone out to one up the other noble. He was corpulent if I recall correctly. The ardent in oathbringer that introduced the rebel ardent to the queen's retinue. Ummmm, oh! the ardent researching food with the female ardent researching spren. Jasnah's versitilian "sister" who is actually a male baker. I will add more as I think of them. 

12 minutes ago, Pathfinder said:

Having trouble with his name, I think Telrii? The noble in Elantris that sold everyone out to one up the other noble. He was corpulent if I recall correctly. The ardent in oathbringer that introduced the rebel ardent to the queen's retinue. Ummmm, oh! the ardent researching food with the female ardent researching spren. Jasnah's versitilian "sister" who is actually a male baker. I will add more as I think of them. 

You're thinking of Ahan; the Ardent's name was Lhan (who originally played a bigger role in a version where Taln had a lot more PoVs); Geranid's companion's name was Ashir; the Veristitalian was called Jochi

Edited by Honorless
were>where

1 hour ago, Pathfinder said:

Jasnah's versitilian "sister" who is actually a male baker. I will add more as I think of them. 

Yes, I thought of him as well but blanked on his name...

1 hour ago, Dreamer said:

...the Veristitalian was called Jochi

Bingo!

Also, Kliss the informant who tells Vin about the plot on Elend’s life.

2 hours ago, robardin said:

Oh, no mention of Venli, is it? Even in mateform? Humans only, eh? RACISTS!! :wacko:

well, as a human straight male, i am only qualified to comment on the attractiveness of human females.

but this raises a good point: what if the jury is made of listeners or aimians or other kind of aliens?

51 minutes ago, king of nowhere said:

well, as a human straight male, i am only qualified to comment on the attractiveness of human females.

but this raises a good point: what if the jury is made of listeners or aimians or other kind of aliens?

Well a human straight male can still objectively comment that another human straight male is handsome.

But in regards to your point, then potentially Kandra would be the most suited to judge as they could physically look like any race or sex involved, and have possibly experienced living as any race or sex involved, so could most objectively comment. (also they would not only look, but have have fully functional parts of those individuals, so if anyone could truly understand where someone is coming from, it would theoretically be a kandra)

Edited by Pathfinder

3 hours ago, Pathfinder said:

Well a human straight male can still objectively comment that another human straight male is handsome.

But in regards to your point, then potentially Kandra would be the most suited to judge as they could physically look like any race or sex involved, and have possibly experienced living as any race or sex involved, so could most objectively comment. (also they would not only look, but have have fully functional parts of those individuals, so if anyone could truly understand where someone is coming from, it would theoretically be a kandra)

Yes! The only thing they couldn't judge is Dysian Aimian unless I'm missing out on another weird sentient species. Although might they be biased towards other Kandra?

7 hours ago, robardin said:

Probably Camon.

16 hours ago, Minintrovert said:

Yes! The only thing they couldn't judge is Dysian Aimian unless I'm missing out on another weird sentient species. Although might they be biased towards other Kandra?

Hmmm, although a kandra could theoretically (depending on size) take the body of a cremling bred by a Dysian Aimian, it is true they could not truly experience life as one as they would only be able to maintain a part, rather than the whole (the hive that is an Dysian Aimian). As to biased towards other Kandra, technicaly a kandra cannot know another kandra is another kandra unless shown/told (hence the problem in Shadows of Self). So if the judge didn't know which one was actually a kandra, there couldn't be any preferential treatment. 

• 1 month later...
On 3/24/2020 at 6:35 PM, Allendrius said:

You obviously haven't visited an American High school, my friend.

Depends on the state you are in and the friends you keep. Ignorant individuals are a danger everywhere. 

(to clarify ignorant individuals as in those individuals who would harm someone over such subject matter)

Edited by Pathfinder

• 3 weeks later...