Cosmere beauty pageant

Allendrius

All young eligible members of the Cosmere found in the Cosmere are in a classic beauty pageant (Q&A, talent portion etc) who will come out on top?:

contestants including (but not limited to):

-Vivenna/Azure

-Jasnah

-Marasi

-Lyn

-Vathi

-Shai

-Sylphrena

-Death Himself apparently

-Vasher/Zahel

-Denth

Edited by Allendrius

Just now, Allendrius said:

All young eligible women found in the Cosmere are in a classic beauty pageant (Q&A, talent portion etc) who will come out on top?:

First.  I hope that the Cosmere avoids ever doing such a problematic display as Miss America.  Secondly Jasnah would almost certainly win.

First.  I hope that the Cosmere avoids ever doing such a problematic display as Miss America.  Secondly Jasnah would almost certainly win.

First of all, I think stabbing someone to steal their abilities is more problematic than a beauty pageant, second of all this was just a fun scenario to talk about hypothetical interactions between characters 

Edited by Allendrius
Grammatical errors

Jasnah if it's a surprise, Shai if they have enough prep time.  More of the traditional beauty queen traits (always described as superior beauty AND mind, lots of talent, and...that's all they want right?  She's also experienced enough in high society to fake the parts that she doesnt believe in.   

The closest second for a rounded candidate is Vivenna, and by the time she might be socially experienced enough to beat Jasnah she was rocking face scars.

But give Shai the time, and she could turn herself into the perfect Womanly ideal of the judges themselves, whatever it may be.   

EDIT:  

3 minutes ago, Elsecaller_17.5 said:

Let's throw MeLaan in. Not only can see make herself supernaturally beautiful she has in the past. And it's hilariously easy for her.

OOh, wow excellent point. She's a real Contender!  I think she'd beat Jasnah, because at the end of the day Jasnah would find the whole idea a tiring waste of time while MeLaan would probably find the silliness amusing, and the difference would likely shine through.

Actually, if we are examining the list, Siri probably beats her sister in a classic beauty pageant, though I suppose she's married these days (or long dead?). 

Edited by Quantus

Any kandra could win, regardless of gender, they can look almost how ever they want, are good at acting high class, can be put on the spot and adapt to whatever happens easily

Also, you cannot forget about Vin, she has a pretty good chance, she is pretty, can act well, and very good under pressure. She would win the talent portions.

Another mistborn character is Allriane, who would do pretty decently.

Jasnah would win, hands down though.

Edited by Paalm Tree

3 hours ago, Elsecaller_17.5 said:

Let's throw MeLaan in. Not only can see make herself supernaturally beautiful she has in the past. And it's hilariously easy for her.

right, forgot melaan. i'd like to revert my vote, then. not only she can look how she wants, but she actually enjoys the attention, and that makes a difference. it's why jasnah wouldn't rank so high, imho; she always act like she's trying to set herself aloft, and this kills her attractiveness.

allrianne is another good contender if she can riot the judges.

17 minutes ago, RShara said:

I get that this is meant to be light and fun, but can I say that judging women by their physical appearance is making me extremely uncomfortable?

first, we are not judging their physical appearance, but we are rather judging their ability to tamper with it and with a jury:D
and second, it's not like we are deciding their worth based on it. I know some internet lechers have given the whole issue a bad name, but this is no different than any other contest of skill (and yes, being attractive is a matter of skill - of attitude, behavior - as much as looks, so it's not just a matter of "nature was generous with you")

Edited by king of nowhere

Just now, Elsecaller_17.5 said:

Marsh or Ironeyes?

Ironeyes Marsh. If this takes place in Northern Scadrial, imagine the look on people's faces as Death himself struts down the catwalk. 

Also,

Szeth-son-son-Vallano, Truthless of Shinovar, wore white on the day he was to kill a king absolutely destroy the competition in a beauty pageant. 

On 1/2/2020 at 5:15 AM, The Awakened Salad said:

Ironeyes Marsh. If this takes place in Northern Scadrial, imagine the look on people's faces as Death himself struts down the catwalk. 

if there are scadrian judges, ironeyes would definitely win.

it turns out it is the height of fashion and style to have iron spikes hammered into your eyes. nobody can resist the rugged charm of ironeyes. please don't kill us, lord ironeyes. we'll do anything you want, lord ironeyes

Edited by king of nowhere