Quick Fix 42: Alcatraz vs. the Watakotse Infiltration

Elandera

I’m fine with getting tied with Tess.

As for my last post, I guess I did go too hard into the idea that Tess was trying to get us to focus more on everyone rather than focus on just the people who voted for Venture, but the point I was trying to make was that it seemed like she was trying to divert us from focusing on them. Maybe I misinterpreted her post though.

Cycle Four: Rumbling Rawns!

I'd like to take a moment to consider the Evil Librarians. They really are having terrible luck. I mean, I might feel bad for them. If they weren't an evil cult set on sacrificing people to the dark powers on an altar made from outdated encyclopedias, of course.

You Free Kingdomers, though. Not much better on the luck front. I don't really feel bad for you either. Not because of any evil dealings you may or may not have. I just don't feel bad for anyone. You brought this on yourself.

I have advice for all of you, that you all really should have followed before this game began. Don't play.

Really. Just don't sign up. It may look fun. Let me tell you why. They are presented attractively for the same reason that kittens are cute - so that they can draw you in, then pounce on you for the kill.

Seriously. Stay away from kittens.

DeTess has been lynched! They were a Free Kingdomer.
Elkanah was attacked, but survived!

Vote Count
Striker (2) - Elkanah, Rathmaskal
DeTess (2) - Striker, CadCom
Elkanah (1) - FeruSky
Kynedath (1) - DeTess

This turn will end at 11 p.m. PST on January 31.

Player List

Spoiler
  1. @Elkanah - Larry Lifehack
  2. @Kynedath - Robben Peters
  3. @The_God_King
  4. @StrikerEZ
  5. @CadCom - Azkaban Smedry
  6. @Feruchemical Skybreaker
  7. @Zillah Elmina Château
  8. Kidpen - Roychive Notalibrary Evil Librarian
  9. @Rathmaskal
  10. @Devotary of Spontaneity - Dr. Sader the Inoculator
  11. Butt Ad Venture Alberga Hatm Bastille
  12. DeTess Free Kingdomer

Wow, this Elim team can't catch a break! Every person who's died has been at our hands. I wish I had tried harder to get a third vote for Striker, but I really thought the odds were in our favor. I'm really afraid that I'm tunneling on Striker and that he isn't bad, but I have the least information on him and I can only clear so many people before deduction brings me back to him. @Devotary of Spontaneity, is there a reason you didn't vote last cycle? If this is a V/V lynch, that makes you look pretty suspicious. To a lesser degree I would also like to hear reasons from @Zillah and @Kynedath. Kynedath said he wasn't as available at the end of the cycle, but Zillah definitely was. 

@CadCom, what did you learn from the DeTess lynch? I don't think I got anything.

5 hours ago, Elkanah said:

@CadCom, what did you learn from the DeTess lynch? I don't think I got anything.

Nothing from the Lynch itself. I have a lead I'm following up on right now. I hope it leads me somewhere promising.

For now I will say that I believe with relative confidence that the remaining eliminators are among Kynedath, TGK, Striker, Rath and Devotary. Of those, I find Kynedath least suspicious (At the moment) Followed by a tie for second between Devotary and TGK, then Striker and Rath tied for most suspicious. Like I said, I'm still following up on a lead, so hopefully this changes. 

Also, I've had multiple (which is kinda surprising) people express their frustration to me that there are way too many PMs or that they don't play as well through PM. And frankly I agree. Usually when I choose to use PMs actively- which isn't every game- I choose to kinda dangle PM safety out the window. This game I've kinda wadded it up in a ball and chucked it as far as I could. But now I'm trying to use a fishing line to reel it back in, because I may have bitten off more than I can chew. If any of you feel the same, let's try to bring discussion back to the thread, so those that don't play as well through PMs can continue enjoying the game. I also hope to do so by the end of the cycle. 

6 hours ago, Elkanah said:

Wow, this Elim team can't catch a break! Every person who's died has been at our hands. I wish I had tried harder to get a third vote for Striker, but I really thought the odds were in our favor. I'm really afraid that I'm tunneling on Striker and that he isn't bad, but I have the least information on him and I can only clear so many people before deduction brings me back to him. @Devotary of Spontaneity, is there a reason you didn't vote last cycle? If this is a V/V lynch, that makes you look pretty suspicious. To a lesser degree I would also like to hear reasons from @Zillah and @Kynedath. Kynedath said he wasn't as available at the end of the cycle, but Zillah definitely was. 

Last cycle I wasn't able to quite keep up with the thread as much as I'd have liked. My plan was to analyze everything once I got home, but when I got there I was exhausted and chose to go to sleep so I could do well in classes today rather than stay up another hour looking at everything that had happened. Today my goal is to look through the whole game and give a summary of my thoughts on each player later on.

1 hour ago, Kynedath said:

Last cycle I wasn't able to quite keep up with the thread as much as I'd have liked. My plan was to analyze everything once I got home, but when I got there I was exhausted and chose to go to sleep so I could do well in classes today rather than stay up another hour looking at everything that had happened. Today my goal is to look through the whole game and give a summary of my thoughts on each player later on.

I kind of figured it was something like that. I'm excited to hear what you come up with later.

1 hour ago, CadCom said:

Also, I've had multiple (which is kinda surprising) people express their frustration to me that there are way too many PMs or that they don't play as well through PM. And frankly I agree. Usually when I choose to use PMs actively- which isn't every game- I choose to kinda dangle PM safety out the window. This game I've kinda wadded it up in a ball and chucked it as far as I could. But now I'm trying to use a fishing line to reel it back in, because I may have bitten off more than I can chew. If any of you feel the same, let's try to bring discussion back to the thread, so those that don't play as well through PMs can continue enjoying the game. I also hope to do so by the end of the cycle. 

I want to apologise to those who have PM overload. Honestly, I almost never use PM's. I wanted to try out a strategy I've seen Mailliw use several times, and while I was not nearly as good at it as he is, it's definitely a fun playstyle and I'm glad I tried it! 

Unfortunately, I don't know how to get any more information out of it and it's time to start working with you to find eliminators. Most or all of you know I've claimed every village role to different people. I'm actually the Aydee. I have already used all three charges and Bastille is dead, so effectively I'm a normal free kingdomer. With that admission I recognize I'm probably dying this cycle to the elim kill as I had to drop my lens. As the Order of Actions prevents whoever found it from returning it to me before the elim kill, I recommend giving it to CadCom. although, if he is who I think he is, he may not need it

I will do my best to summarize everything I have learned a little later on.

Ok. I am going to start by putting my vote on Striker. This may change, but I have some hedgy information because they sent me a PM, along with Kynedath, and Rath that seemed like they were trying to set up a trap to catch an elim. But at the same time, it was set up in a triangular way such that the information informed to each of us was incorrect, but that through the right communication it could be discovered. 

Normally I would say that this a trap to catch an elim, done by a vilager but it also does well to keep the person in the middle out of the spotlight. Plus I also didn't like the reason they told me they voted for Tess. It didn't mesh with what I would have done. 

I also will reveal publicly, as I'm certain many people know I am Aydee. I used D1 to duplicate the Shaper's lense. It was successful? Then I duplicated the Tracker's lense. Then I duplicated the Translators lense. THat's all three of my actions. 

Yeah, I don't know what Elkanah is up to. It's rather confusing to me, but I still get the vibe that they're village. 

Edit, But I'd also be fine with a lynch on Elkanah, as they're trying really hard to convince of the lie. 

Edited by CadCom

Elkanah - I get such an elim feeling from their playstyle! They are telling people conflicting information about their role in PMs, they have schemes and plans that fly over my head and I just don't understand it a lot of the time, I don't understand their plans and that makes me suspect them. That being said, logically I don't think they're an elim. They would be taking huge risks as an elim, and it is very true that being the deciding vote on an elim day one makes it a lot harder to suspect them. They would have given up a teammate for trust but that isn't something I think they would see as worth it.

The God King - Seems like a normal new SE player, although they could be getting advice from a more experienced elim on how to blend in well. Overall not too suspicious, they seem honest and village to me.

Striker - I played the last MR with them and they are playing quite differently, less activity and more enthusiasm, although that could be for a variety of reasons. Their voting patterns have seemed pretty all over the place, especially trying to get a three way tie going. And as CadCom just pointed out, they have a weird pyramid of PMs going around telling the recipients similar yet slightly different information. In addition they have voted with CadCom for the last two cycles, could be an elim trying to hide their voting by voting with a trusted player. I have moderate suspicion of them.

CadCom - Pretty much cleared in my eyes, survived two elim attacks in a row. That doesn't mean I'll believe or follow everything they say, they are still a person, but I do trust that they are not an eliminator.

Feruchemical Skybreaker - They seem very curt and don't feel the need to explain everything they do. The lack of explanation for their actions has me on edge about them. It could be them trying to hide their actions as an eliminator. slight distrust

Zillah - They seem like a new village player to me. They are putting in interesting points that not many other people are talking about whenever they post, and I feel like they're being sincere. 

Rathmaskal - I've been getting slight elim vibes from them since day 1, but they haven't seemed to do anything overly suspicious except manage to stay out of the spotlight while contributing in ways that keep them from being focused on without hugely influencing the game. Slight suspicion.

Devotary of Spontaneity - They've been pretty quiet, but their logic has seemed sound whenever they vote and interact. Not too much to go off of. Neutral.

I believe CadCom more than Elkanah about being Aydee, Elkanah has been claiming so many different things, this is probably another one of their plans.

I'll vote on Striker for the reasons I mentioned above.

Edited by Kynedath
I called Elkanah Elandera again! Gosh darn it!

I need to rethink some thing now...

OK, say CadCom is the Aydee.

• Elkanah is claiming Aydee to attempt to take a bullet for a named character (definitely plausible) - whether or not CadCom claimed to Elkanah kind of affects this - this would be Elkanah.village
  • Elkanah was hoping no one would counter claim, either due to the role not existing, someone being inactive, or someone wanting to maintain some level of anonymity - this would be Elkanah.elim

Say Elkanah is the Aydee.

• CadCom didn't notice Elkanah's claim?  Odd...but the one possible NAI here.
  • CadCom is trying to divert attention from a named role

I don't see a situation where CadCom is an elim here...forcing a 1v1 with the distribution likely 7-2 is not very beneficial to the elims...similarly, I don't think think Elkanah would risk a counter claim.  Surprisingly I'm still reading them both as village.

Yes, so I missed Elkanah's claim at first, Since Bastille is killed, my guess would be that Elkanah is actually Grandpa, since they survived the kill attempt. They have a 50% chance  of dying this cycle if that's the case, (If I understand that one correctly) Or they have a disguiser's lense. I think my current strategy is to not lynch them, and then if they survive, I'll reconsider lynching them. 

The reason I claimed is because I no longer have any abilities, as I've used my abilities and haven't picked up any lenses, and I originally had a trackers lense that was destroyed last night. (Possibly by an elim) (Most likely, since I'm relatively trusted) 

Despite having an extensive discussion with Elkanah, I never actually claimed my role, and hinted that I didn't think I was a Smedry. That's because I didn't know aydee was a smedry. 

Either that or the elims tried a WGG after missing twice against me. But that doesn't seem very likely. 

I'm fully willing to vote on elkanah, but I'd rather see if they die this cycle first. But at the same time, it makes sense to lynch him so we don't lose grandpa, plus a possible mislynch plus an elim kill. 

14 minutes ago, CadCom said:

my guess would be that Elkanah is actually Grandpa, since they survived the kill attempt.

Elkanah basically claimed Windstormer's lens...although that could be an attempt to mislead again.

3 hours ago, Elkanah said:

With that admission I recognize I'm probably dying this cycle to the elim kill as I had to drop my lens.

1 hour ago, CadCom said:

Ok. I am going to start by putting my vote on Striker. This may change, but I have some hedgy information because they sent me a PM, along with Kynedath, and Rath that seemed like they were trying to set up a trap to catch an elim. But at the same time, it was set up in a triangular way such that the information informed to each of us was incorrect, but that through the right communication it could be discovered. 

I'm not sure how any information I gave was incorrect? Sure, at the time of some of the messages, I hadn't yet told someone else in the triangle about my scan on Tess, but I was planning to do it and sent the message right after. I didn't think about how quickly you guys would connect with each other about my claim. I was hoping to catch an elim somehow with that because I really have no leads right now. 

52 minutes ago, Kynedath said:

Striker - I played the last MR with them and they are playing quite differently, less activity and more enthusiasm, although that could be for a variety of reasons. Their voting patterns have seemed pretty all over the place, especially trying to get a three way tie going. And as CadCom just pointed out, they have a weird pyramid of PMs going around telling the recipients similar yet slightly different information. In addition they have voted with CadCom for the last two cycles, could be an elim trying to hide their voting by voting with a trusted player. I have moderate suspicion of them.

My voting patterns have been really off because I have very little idea of what's even happening in this game. :P

Also, I would just like to point out that, both times, I was the first person to vote on the people I voted on. Or if I wasn't the first one, I voted on them before CadCom did. If either of us is an elim following a villager's lead, it's CadCom.

As for the three way tie, I just like the randomness of ties. It's fun leaving things up to chance. And, if one of the people in the tie is an elim, it forces the elims to either risk their teammate's life or break the tie in a way that could reveal their hand. 

59 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

I'm not sure how any information I gave was incorrect? Sure, at the time of some of the messages, I hadn't yet told someone else in the triangle about my scan on Tess, but I was planning to do it and sent the message right after. I didn't think about how quickly you guys would connect with each other about my claim. I was hoping to catch an elim somehow with that because I really have no leads right now. 

You told me that Kynetath had instructions to go after me if you died, But all Kynedath knew was that you told them that you had given Rath instructions to go after them. You never told him to go after me. Then I believe you told Rath that you had given me instructions to go after him, which you also didn't do. 

I really want to chalk this up to trying to set a trap for the elims, so I'm looking for another reason to lynch someone else, but I really haven't found anything yet

2 hours ago, CadCom said:

I also will reveal publicly, as I'm certain many people know I am Aydee. I used D1 to duplicate the Shaper's lense. It was successful? Then I duplicated the Tracker's lense. Then I duplicated the Translators lense. THat's all three of my actions. 

:huh: Hmm?

1 hour ago, Rathmaskal said:

I need to rethink some thing now...

OK, say CadCom is the Aydee.

• Elkanah is claiming Aydee to attempt to take a bullet for a named character (definitely plausible) - whether or not CadCom claimed to Elkanah kind of affects this - this would be Elkanah.village
  • Elkanah was hoping no one would counter claim, either due to the role not existing, someone being inactive, or someone wanting to maintain some level of anonymity - this would be Elkanah.elim

Say Elkanah is the Aydee.

• CadCom didn't notice Elkanah's claim?  Odd...but the one possible NAI here.
  • CadCom is trying to divert attention from a named role

I don't see a situation where CadCom is an elim here...forcing a 1v1 with the distribution likely 7-2 is not very beneficial to the elims...similarly, I don't think think Elkanah would risk a counter claim.  Surprisingly I'm still reading them both as village.

Hold on, it gets better when more people start claiming. I saw this in a movie once. One person stands and claims, then everyone else in the group follows. If I recall, they were all executed, though, so maybe not!

3 hours ago, Rathmaskal said:

OK, I don't have a ton to back this up, more of a feeling: Devotary

I feel like you're flying under the radar a lot more than normal this game.  The one vote you've placed was basically just a clinching vote on the Venture bandwagon.

And, that's the first vote.

I agree. @Devotary of Spontaneity, would you mind giving us the people you trust most and least right now. Also, let us know if you are Aydee?

2 hours ago, Kynedath said:

Elkanah - I get such an elim feeling from their playstyle! They are telling people conflicting information about their role in PMs, they have schemes and plans that fly over my head and I just don't understand it a lot of the time, I don't understand their plans and that makes me suspect them. That being said, logically I don't think they're an elim. They would be taking huge risks as an elim, and it is very true that being the deciding vote on an elim day one makes it a lot harder to suspect them. They would have given up a teammate for trust but that isn't something I think they would see as worth it.

:ph34r: This leads to a fun IKYK : )

I believe CadCom more than Elandera about being Aydee,

I knew we'd have a third claim! I'm just disappointed that Elandera claimed that she was Aydee to you before she claimed to me! :P

Elkanah has been claiming so many different things, this is probably another one of their plans.

now you're catching on! :D

Either that or the elims tried a WGG after missing twice against me. But that doesn't seem very likely.

:ph34r: We would've gotten away with it, too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!

I'm fully willing to vote on elkanah,

That would be a mistake.

1 hour ago, StrikerEZ said:

My voting patterns have been really off because I have very little idea of what's even happening in this game. :P

Also, I would just like to point out that, both times, I was the first person to vote on the people I voted on. Or if I wasn't the first one, I voted on them before CadCom did. If either of us is an elim following a villager's lead, it's CadCom.

As for the three way tie, I just like the randomness of ties. It's fun leaving things up to chance. And, if one of the people in the tie is an elim, it forces the elims to either risk their teammate's life or break the tie in a way that could reveal their hand. 

These are actually some pretty solid points. 

Also @StrikerEZ, I never thanked you for commenting on the Monty Hall problem. You said you didn't understand it well enough in it's normal form to try to apply it here, but right before that, you did an excellent job explaining the issue we had with it. Thank you :)

But after it all, Are you Aydee? Okay, let me draw a line real quick

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now it's time for some real talk with my serious face. 

Here is an update to my list:

Trusted:

CadCom, Zillah, The God King, Kynedath, Feruchemical Skybreaker,

Want to Trust:

Rathmaskal

Probably Elim:

Devotary of Sponteneity, StrikerEZ

A short explanation: I think I have figured out the actual roles of every person on the trusted list. I want to trust Rathmaskal, because his info has been invaluable in determining the trusted list. I am much more suspicious of Devotary, than Striker, and Striker is still there as a product of deduction. I'd move him, but I'm still sold on the three eliminators theory. Now I'm off to get lynched

30 minutes ago, Feruchemical Skybreaker said:

To be honest that is where I am unsure. However i don't see why you would lie this much if you were a free kingdomer.

That makes sense. I suppose my goal was to get other people to claim. That is as much an eliminator goal as a villager one. An eliminator gains relevant targets to cripple the village. I gained information on who could and couldn't be eliminators. Here's the thing, the only relevant target for the eliminators left is the grandpa if there even is a grandpa. Further, he wouldn't be a target so much as a person to avoid so as to not risk losing their kill... (again :P). It's up to them whether they think I was protected by my lens, or I was disguised, or I am the grandpa. We'll see if I'm a high enough priority to hit this cycle anyway just in case. I wouldn't have guessed so now that I'll be out of charges for my Aydee ability.

Edit: My point was there isn't a whole lot of relevant targets for the eliminators to be looking for now that the Aydee charges are gone and Bastille is dead, but there still is a lot of information wrapped up in who is definitely not an eliminator because we can use that to find who is a librarian.

Edited by Elkanah
to get to the point

So, currently i'm still not entirely sure that I trust you. I have the truthwatcher lense. And in order for me to trust you (and for me to remove my lynch vote on you) I would like to use it on you saying "I am not a librarian".  Otherwise I am (and I encourage other to) going to lynch you.

Edited by Feruchemical Skybreaker