Quick Fix 42: Alcatraz vs. the Watakotse Infiltration

Elandera

I've given this more thought,  and I dont think I'll have any more hard suspicions until next cycle at the earliest so for this cycle my vote will unfortunately only be gut.

I'll split it up into three categories. 

Most comfortable voting for: Striker, Kynedath, God King. 

Kinda comfortable voting for: devotary, rath, DeTess

Not comfortable as of right now: Elkanah, FeruSky, Zillah, Venture

I'll leave my vote on Kynedath for now, but the people in the top two categories are very interchangeable, and I'd be willing to change it up. 

Venture (3): DeTess, Striker, the god king

Rathmaskal (1): feruchemical skybreaker

Elkanah (2): Venture, Kynedath

Kynedath (2): CadCom, Elkanah

Okay, well I don't want to die. Right now my suspicions are mostly lying on Elkanah, something feels off about their nonchalantness regarding their voting. It might be just that they voted on me though.

Other than that, maybe feruchemical skybreaker, their playstyle is throwing me for a loop and I have no clue what they're thinking and that makes me suspicious.

1 hour ago, Butt Ad Venture said:

...y’know? If we’re all a bit lost for the lynch...God King is a choice most can agree on.... -_-

I don't particularly appreciate this post, it feels skeevy, and a bit underhanded. I get that you don't want to die though I suppose.

@Zillah, @Rathmaskal, @Devotary of Spontaneity, you guys are the ones who haven't voted I believe, anything to say or anyone to vote on?

Venture Rathmaskal

I don't particularly mistrust Rath, if I'm being honest. I just like the idea of having a four way tied lynch. There's no vote manipulation to mess things up, and anyone doing last minute votes would basically tell us that that person is an elim and so is one of the people tied for the lynch. Assuming I can convince one of @DeTess @Feruchemical Skybreaker @The_God_King to remove their vote on Venture. :P

Well, the two people I've been thinking most suspicious suspicious are the two vote leaders currently.  Not sure how I feel about that, honestly.  Kind of validating my views I guess?  But also makes me wonder if I'm being manipulated.

Edit: Venture

Edited by Rathmaskal
Vote

Nobody seems to have any logical claims against Kynedath aside from gut feelings. Striker because they want a tie for lunches. It seems that people are going for Venture because of what I feel was a slightly underhanded comment to The God King. They also seems to be a target because of as their willingness to go for Rathmaskal early on with very little reasoning. I don't like that comment, it feels off, but their roleclaiming is kind of putting me off of it a bit, for reasons I said earlier. I'm definitely suspicious of Elkanah, but I’m not sure I feel that has to do with their playstyle or just gut feeling. How nonchalant they seem with voting (As Kynedath put it) feels really off. 

Another thing to note, is that I do feel some tension brewing between Venture and The God King. I’m not sure if there’s substance to that, but Ventures comment and God Kinds instant response to vote for them seems like the brewing of a possible feud. 

All that being said, I think I’ll put one in for Elkanah

This lynch is feeling quite swingy at the moment. People don't have overly damning evidence, there is a close margin with three of the players with votes on them. I don't know how this will end up, but I don't plan on moving my vote from Elkanah, I am getting more elim vibes from them than I am Venture.

Venture (5): DeTess, the god king, Feruchemical Skybreaker, Rath, Devotary
Kynedath (3): CadCom, Elkanah, Striker
Elkanah (3): Venture, Kynedath, Zillah

I don't want to vote for Elkanah, as he's probably only evil with Venture, with Striker as a lesser possibility. I see village!Kynedath does have a precedent of using exclamation points to express gratitude for fortuitous outcomes, so I'm not seeing that as a sign of potential evil anymore. For some reason, an alignment scan that requires everyone to claim feels more coercive than something like asking smokers not to use their abilities to give seekers free reign, but bringing it up as a possibility seems more village. Venture claiming villager in a post that might ring as false regardless of alignment would be a risky move for an elim to make, one that would be more successful if there were other prime targets for a Truthfinder's lens. 

Not voting for Elkanah at this stage. I think I'll vote for Venture at this point to see what happens.

Hmm, well that had the result I had hoped for! :)! Kynedath

So many comments in so few hours! Granted plenty of them were about lynching me, but now we have some information to work with. Nothing like a little fabricated controversy to stir the pot!

Sorry Kynedath, I was pretty nonchalant about voting for you because I never planned to leave my vote there. That said, it looks like the only way to sure up my defense is to vote for Venture. I'm more suspicious of StrikerEZ, but sadly I don't think I'm above voting for Venture to keep myself alive. After all, I'm certain of my alignment, but I can't be of his.

it takes two and a half cups of sugar to get to the moon

Thank you all for voting! :D now I can crawl back into my hole and try to figure out what it all means.

Edited by Elkanah
Fixed color

So, I didnt vote Venture because through PMs with multiple people, I've been able to piece together significant evidence that the a ton claim venture claimed to me is true, which would mean they're most likely villager. 

I also don't want to vote elkanah, as they also claimed to me what could be a potentially important ability. Thus the reason I've voted Kynedath, and I haven't found anything by anyone resembling a counter claim

I dont know if my vote will change anything but if you have any questions, I'd be happy to discuss in PM, after I work on clearing you first.

Please consider changing your vote. It doesn't necessarily have to be kynedath or elkanah, but one of them would be easiest. 

Cycle Three: Shattering Glass!

I've been sitting at my desk trying to think up something clever for the last hour. Honestly, it's not gonna happen. I could try doing analogies about thinking you're a Popsicle, or tell a strange story about a bunny with a bazooka. Instead, I'll just get to the point.

Bastille is no more.

Some of you may really be feeling the humility now. Realizing the way many of you do things might not be the best way. Well, don't. Humility is like asparagus and fish. It's not really as good for you as everyone says it is.

Butt Ad Venture was lynched! They were Bastille.
CadCom was attacked but survived! Again. 

Vote Count (Because I forgot this last time... my bad)
Striker (1): Elkanah
Elkanah (3): Kynedath, Zillah, Venture
Venture (5): The_God_King, FeruSky, Rathmaskal, Devotary, DeTess
Kynedath (2): Striker, CadCom

Good news! Everyone voted!

This turn ends at 11 p.m. PST on January 30.

Player List

Spoiler
  1. @Elkanah - Larry Lifehack
  2. @Kynedath - Robben Peters
  3. @The_God_King
  4. @StrikerEZ
  5. @CadCom - Azkaban Smedry
  6. @Feruchemical Skybreaker
  7. @Zillah Elmina Château
  8. Kidpen - Roychive Notalibrary Evil Librarian
  9. @Rathmaskal
  10. @Devotary of Spontaneity - Dr. Sader the Inoculator
  11. Butt Ad Venture Alberga Hatm Bastille
  12. @DeTess

A lot of discussion happened yesterday, which is good. Most of it happened after I went to bed, which is unfortunate (for me). So, let me play catch-up fora bit.

@Kynedath, Early C2 you had this to say about Elkanah:

20 hours ago, Kynedath said:

I agree with DeTess wholeheartedly, I think CadCom and Elkanah are soft cleared because of that lynch (well done to the both of you), plus with CadCom surviving a kill attempt (way to go by the way!) they seem to be quite village. This whole situation seems both good and bad. While we do seem to have less people to be suspicious of - and by result higher chances of hitting elims in the future - we also have very little to go off of in regards to actual suspicions because of the relative lack of activity by KidPen.

As far as I can tell you didn't really mention much about Elkanah untill this happened:

7 hours ago, Kynedath said:

Okay, well I don't want to die. Right now my suspicions are mostly lying on Elkanah, something feels off about their nonchalantness regarding their voting. It might be just that they voted on me though.

I find this vote odd (and not just yours, I find all votes on Elkanah last cycle odd). It seems to eb purely because they voted on you, which is NAI at worst, and I'd consider retaliation votes like that to be somewhat elimy, and given your earlier stance on Elkanah it looks a bit opportunistic to me.

@Feruchemical Skybreaker, why did you switch to venture?

@Zillah, how do you reconcile your suspicion of Elkanah with his role in the lynch on kidpen? Why do you think elim!elkanah would have done that?

That's my thoughts so far. Just based on yesterday, I'm more inclined to vote kynedath right now, though I also would support a lynch on the god king.

Well, as you can all see, I'm immortal. 

As far as I know, I'm the only person Venture claimed to, thus why I was trying to protect him so hard. 

I also just want to clarify that while I dont feel great about Kynedath, i actually suspect him much less than I thought last cycle, i just thought that a lynch on him migh be the easiest to catch on. 

My vote for this cycoe will start on The God King for their comments that appeared to be protecting kidpen on D1. That and I had a PM get passed along to them through a third party suggesting I strongly suspected them. Then I was attacked again, so that strengthens my suspicions. (I'll double check now if the message actually got passed along.) 

Oh, one more thing, based on my last post. If venture claimed to you, please let me know, either here in thread or the PM.  If he didn't claim to anyone, then I would be more willing to believe that the votes on him are due to the reasons claimed in thread. I would also expect at least one of those players is an elim. 

6 hours ago, DeTess said:

A lot of discussion happened yesterday, which is good. Most of it happened after I went to bed, which is unfortunate (for me). So, let me play catch-up fora bit.

@Kynedath, Early C2 you had this to say about Elkanah:

As far as I can tell you didn't really mention much about Elkanah untill this happened:

I find this vote odd (and not just yours, I find all votes on Elkanah last cycle odd). It seems to eb purely because they voted on you, which is NAI at worst, and I'd consider retaliation votes like that to be somewhat elimy, and given your earlier stance on Elkanah it looks a bit opportunistic to me.

Yeah, in essence it was a play to get votes on people other than me. I didn't feel good voting for Venture at all, I got a village vibe from them and Elkanah was another player with votes on them. Although like I said, something about their last post before I voted on them felt off. 

I feel like someone who voted for Venture last cycle is an eliminator, maybe even two of them. I think we should focus on that group of people rather than the whole thread for now, because the Venture lynch gave us a lot of information and I feel like I have some leads that are more solid than before. Right now the top of my suspicion list is Rathmaskal, The are taking an "on the fence" stance to a lot of things, which seems like an eliminator not wanting to stand out. They joined the Venture lynch late, basically just bandwagoning onto that lynch with very little evidence as to why they did so. 

@DeTess I would like to point out that you yourself was one who voted against Venture, along with four others. I personally provided reasoning as to why I didn't believe Venture was an eliminator, which wouldn't make sense should I be one myself. Yes Elkanah had a role in the D1 Lynch. However if they were a villager it was nearly wholly luck. No abilities or lenses had been in effect yet, and everyone admitted to being scrambled and unsure of anything. If they were an elim, voting for one of their partners immediately would gain credibility. Voting against could pull them into question if and when Kidpen was Lynched, and it was learned that they tipped the initial vote against. I had more evidence against Elkanah through PM's than I did the others.