Quick Fix 42: Alcatraz vs. the Watakotse Infiltration

Elandera

8 minutes ago, Kynedath said:

Wait, okay so if we all say in a post "I am not an eliminator" or "I am a free kingdomer" then the truthfinders lens can be used as another kind of scan. That's cool, and with as many PMs as we have we can have a lot of information going around. If we could manage to clear a couple people with each others lenses we could have a lot of clearing going on.

I don't know if we should pursue that though, there isn't much time and we have plenty of other information sources at our disposal. But that would be really powerful in a longer game with more people I think. Neat ability GM!

EDIT: 800th post! Yay!

Oh dang, also I think you're the 215 thousandth post in the roleplaying section. Good job.

Let's see, I dont think I've seen more than 1 or 2 lynches on D1 that were actually for lynchable offenses, yet I believe that since the lynch is inevitable, and without it, The village will never get  more information, so I'll just throw a random vote on another person

RNG chose kidpen[/color, sorry. 

Don’t mind me, completely forgot this game existed and was starting already. :P

The only things I’ve done so far have been to read and respond to my PMs. Haven’t even read the thread yet. I just want to post so that I don’t die. I’m gonna get caught up, but won’t be able to give any thoughts before rollover probably.

10 minutes ago, The_God_King said:

While random seemed a bit barbaric, killing someone outright with no evidence is so much worse. 

And yet you don't offer an alternative. Someone will be lynched this cycle, and we don't have any evidence until we start. I just hope he isn't a smedry or knight.

Just now, Elkanah said:

And yet you don't offer an alternative. Someone will be lynched this cycle, and we don't have any evidence until we start. I just hope he isn't a smedry or knight.

I was hoping to start a quick discussion but it’s the last couple minutes. I feel the odds he’s a elim are bad but I’ll take how the dice fell if he is one. We might be killing an innocent man

Cycle Two: Aspiring Asimovs!

Remember this, despite the fact this thread claims to be a "game," you must take all of the things said here extremely seriously, as they are quite important, are in no way silly, and will always make sense. 

Homework truth think you're without stab.

Congratulations, Free Kingdomers. You've caught one of the Liebrarians. Poor Roychive Notalibrary. He was clearly not a librarian. Don't forget humility... Wait, what am I saying. Humility is the worst. 

Librarians, my condolences. I'm sure you'll do fine. Hopefully the rest of them will take my advice, ignore humility, and you'll be set.

Kidpen has been lynched! They were an Evil Librarian.
CadCom was attacked, but survived!

The next cycle will end at 11:00 p.m. PST (of course) on January 29, 2020.

Player List:

Spoiler
  1. @Elkanah - Larry Lifehack
  2. @Kynedath - Robben Peters
  3. @The_God_King
  4. @StrikerEZ
  5. @CadCom - Azkaban Smedry
  6. @Feruchemical Skybreaker
  7. @Zillah Elmina Château
  8. Kidpen - Roychive Notalibrary Evil Librarian
  9. @Rathmaskal
  10. @Devotary of Spontaneity - Dr. Sader the Inoculator
  11. @Butt Ad Venture Alberga Hatm
  12. @DeTess
Edited by Elandera

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why you always lynch D1 :P 

Interestingly though, no elim kill. @Elandera, would a blocked or otherwise failed kill be mentioned in the writeup?

edit:

So, we got two big events this cycle. First was the kidpen lynch. This one was initiated by Cadcom and pushed in the lead by Elkanah. I feel fairly good about both of them now. Elim!cadcom would have had no reason to even suggest the lynch, and the only way Elkanah could have been forced on the kidpen lynch was if they, Kidpen and butt ad venture are all evil. Incidentally, @Elandera what happens on a tie?

The only one to really push back on the kidpen lynch was the_god_king, and they mostly seemed to be against the method. I can udnerstand their hesitancy, but I tihnk ti should still be noted because of how the lynch flipped.

Now, the second thing is the lack of a lynch kill. @Elandera, where does the lynch occur in the order of actions. If the lynch occurs first, then the lack of kill could be down to Kidpen being the one to submit the kill, which means that those who posted after kidpen was put in the lead are less likely to be evil. IF that's nota factor, then something odd is going on, as enough people checked in that a kill could have been submitted.

Edited by DeTess

33 minutes ago, DeTess said:

Interestingly though, no elim kill. @Elandera, would a blocked or otherwise failed kill be mentioned in the writeup?

Oh, that's right! Sorry, work has been hectic tonight, including a one-legged man in an Elsa wig causing shenanigans, so I may have forgotten a few things. Please let me know if anything seem out of place. I'll be editing the info about the elim kill.

Incidentally, @Elandera what happens on a tie?

Tied lynches are decided by RNG.

Now, the second thing is the lack of a lynch. @Elandera, where does the lynch occur in the order of actions. If the lynch occurs first, then the lack of kill could be down to Kidpen being the one to submit the kill, which means that those who posted after kidpen was put in the lead are less likely to be evil. IF that's nota factor, then something odd is going on, as enough people checked in that a kill could have been submitted.

The lynch and kill occur simultaneously, so neither would affect the other in ability to carry out.

Edited by Elandera

I agree with DeTess wholeheartedly, I think CadCom and Elkanah are soft cleared because of that lynch (well done to the both of you), plus with CadCom surviving a kill attempt (way to go by the way!) they seem to be quite village. This whole situation seems both good and bad. While we do seem to have less people to be suspicious of - and by result higher chances of hitting elims in the future - we also have very little to go off of in regards to actual suspicions because of the relative lack of activity by KidPen.

I suppose that if you squint really really hard and tilt your head to the side it is possible that CadCom pulled a WGG (wounded gazelle gambit for the new players, see spoiler) and sacrificed KidPen to get a double whammie of gaining trust with village, but that seems like way way too much effort and risk. Overall very unlikely, but worth mentioning briefly.

Spoiler

A wounded gazelle gambit is a kind of strategy used by eliminators to get one of their members in a position of trust with the village. They attack one of their own members with a kill and simultaneously block the attack so the write-up shows that they attacked that person but didn't kill them. 

I'm going to put a vote on Rathmaskal and try to get some more discussion going on. They are currently highest on my suspicion list (the list really isn't very high at all) because of how they managed to slip under the radar last cycle, as well as their vote on CadCom.

Okay, so cadcom got attacked and didn't die. That further reinforces the idea that they're a good guy, but doesn't help in limiting the pool of suspects much (though it does suggest that an elim was around when the vote turned against kidpen, as cadcom is an obvious villager in light of that flip).

There''s not too much to go on yet, so let's see if I can't get people to spill the beans on their alignment talk a bit more.

@The_God_King, last cycle you said:

6 hours ago, The_God_King said:

I was hoping to start a quick discussion but it’s the last couple minutes. I feel the odds he’s a elim are bad but I’ll take how the dice fell if he is one. We might be killing an innocent man

What topic where you hoping to start a discussion on? I assume you had something in mind?

@Zillah, one little thing I've learned is that waiting for people to say enough to solve the game tends to not really work out. You need to put in information to get out information, you know? So, in case you could use a prompt to help in speaking up, Who do you trust least right now? And, apart from Cadcom and Elkanah, who would you trust most?

( I was planning to say more, but there's some other stuff I need to go take care of now, so I'll be back in a bit)

I had some more thoughts :D

In a game this short, there is very little reason for eliminator!Cadcom to even suggest kidpen for the day 1 lynch when no one would have gone for that if he hadn't. Even if this was distancing with taravangian-like foresight, I'd love to find out how he pulled  the wounded gazelle Gambit with only a village protect role!

In short I'm moving Cadcom to trusted and if my trust is misplaced and evil!Cadcom wins because of it, he deserves it.

As for the failed kill, to the PM's :ph34r:

Spoiler

Can't get rid of spoilers on mobile

Oh, good! Kynedath posted so I won't double post:D

I'd repost my list, but Cadcom is the only one who moved. except everyone posted. Yay! Still no read on striker or Zillah

for all you truth wardens, there is no war in ba sing se

6 minutes ago, Elkanah said:

In a game this short, there is very little reason for eliminator!Cadcom to even suggest kidpen for the day 1 lynch when no one would have gone for that if he hadn't. Even if this was distancing with taravangian-like foresight, I'd love to find out how he pulled  the wounded gazelle Gambit with only a village protect role!

There's two lenses that could be used to protect someone (the disguise one and the windstormer one) and the elims also get lenses. I really don't think cadcom is an elim though.

@Kynedath, out of curiosity, what makes Rathmaskal's vote on cadcom suspicious?

@Feruchemical Skybreaker and @StrikerEZ, neither of you have really contributed much so far, so let me ask you the same question I asked Zillah: Who do you reckon is the most suspicious right now? And is there anyone besides Cadcom and Elkanah you think is likely to be village?

24 minutes ago, DeTess said:

There's two lenses that could be used to protect someone (the disguise one and the windstormer one) and the elims also get lenses. I really don't think cadcom is an elim though.

True! Cadcom, you're less cleared, but still trusted. It's as they say: a bird in the hand is a mess" and "two is a pattern; three is a habit

the moon landing

1 hour ago, DeTess said:

@Zillah, one little thing I've learned is that waiting for people to say enough to solve the game tends to not really work out. You need to put in information to get out information, you know? So, in case you could use a prompt to help in speaking up, Who do you trust least right now? And, apart from Cadcom and Elkanah, who would you trust most?

Trust the least, potentially yourself in all honesty. Something just seems to be off, I’m not entirely sure what it is. I’m also not entirely sure I trust Elkanah, PMing everyone seems a little bit sketchy. Could be interpreted as trying to gain trust individually so they aren’t found out. I do think things are going to get interesting since we got an elim day one. They’re now likely down to only two. 

3 minutes ago, Zillah said:

I’m also not entirely sure I trust Elkanah, PMing everyone seems a little bit sketchy. Could be interpreted as trying to gain trust individually so they aren’t found out.

To be fair, that's exactly what I'm trying to do. I can't say it's working overly well. Several of the people I'm taking with have expressed distrust.

I'm also trying to get a better gut read on everyone, and it helps that I have about twice the posts available to the thread. I have long PMs with some who have posted in thread less than five times, so it's been more productive than gaining trust has. :P

the Kennedy assassination

Hello all, just want to say that this game has gotten me hooked on PMs. 

I'm glad that CadCom survived, that's good to have someone cleared (or almost cleared) village. I'm willing to trust him.

Other information that could be useful:
Duped lenses?
Rath lynch?
Who was on to try to kill CadCom?

So many questions!

~ ~ ~

So many questions! Alberga thought. People were screaming in the streets, people were getting murdered and then saved and then someone was lynched! It was absolute chaos! She was honestly scared. People kept on asking her if she was a librarian, just because of her tweed jacket! All Alberga wanted was to go home, maybe have the world make sense again? But no. She was dead. People were running around with magic glasses, shooting stuff with some kind of magic spear, and another was flinging...what were those...teddy bears?

Why. Why did these people exist. They were dangerous. But so were the librarians. They...they wanted to kill her. Everyone wanted to kill her. She was dead. She was as good as dead. Fleeing into the least destroyed building, Alberga ran into the darkest corner and hid.