Quick Fix 42: Alcatraz vs. the Watakotse Infiltration

Elandera

21 minutes ago, DeTess said:

I still don't see how that gets us a free cycle, as there's plenty of non-smedry villagers (if all named roles are included, then there are still 5 non-smedry non-bastille villagers at least).

Warrior's lenses only do something for bastille, and the extra lenses are distributed randomly, so this doesn't do anything.

I believe that the "free cycle" would come from Bastille for sure being around no matter what to protect one of the three smedrys when they get attacked. It's not necessarily this cycle or any particular cycle, just a cycle in the future.

. . . I feel crazy, but that last paragraph could be read as an eliminator trying to bait out Bastille into roleclaiming so that they could get traded the warriors lenses. *Slight mistrust*

7 minutes ago, Elkanah said:

Wait... who are the non-smedry villagers? I may have totally missed something here :wacko:

While it's true the lenses can only be used by Bastille, we can have a guaranteed protect on cycle one and cycle three by passing the lens we have created on cycle two. The only miss is if the librarians receive the warrior lens. They aren't likely to pass a protect back to the village, and anyone can claim they didn't receive it because the other eleven of us didn't. If we kill them, though, the lens goes back into circulation and we get a much needed protect on cycle 6.

The village team consists of free kingdomers, not the smedrys. The smedrys are only the three roles of: Alcatraz Smedry, Grandpa Smedry, and Aydee Smedry. If someone has one of those three roles and gets targeted by the elim kill then Bastille (should they still have the warriors lenses) would protect that player. However all players who do not have that role are not protected by Bastilles warrior lenses.

Also, if the warrior lenses can't be targeted by lenses or abilities then we can't duplicate them or create more no matter what.

Edit: ninja'd by DeTess.

Edited by Kynedath

5 minutes ago, Kynedath said:

. . . I feel crazy, but that last paragraph could be read as an eliminator trying to bait out Bastille into roleclaiming so that they could get traded the warriors lenses. *Slight mistrust*

If that's what I'd intended, I'd have actually suggested that possibility, rather than shooting that use of Aydee's ability down.

Also, if this is step 2 in you building a D1 case against me (step 1 being you throwing shade on the topics in my opening post), then could you please finish the job now? I'll be signing off in an hour or so, and I'd like to know whether my  suspicions of you are correct or not before I go.

Edited by DeTess

1 minute ago, Kynedath said:

The village team consists of free kingdomers, not the smedrys. The smedrys are only the three roles of: Alcatraz Smedry, Grandpa Smedry, and Aydee Smedry. If someone has one of those three roles and gets targeted by the elim kill then Bastille (should they still have the warriors lenses) would protect that player. However all players who do not have that role are not protected by Bastilles warrior lenses.

Also, if the warrior lenses can't be targeted by lenses or abilities then we can't duplicate them or create more no matter what.

Huh, wow I was way off. Crawls under rock

3 minutes ago, DeTess said:

If that's what I'd intended, I'd have actually suggested that possibility, rather than shooting that use of Aydee's ability down.

Also, if this is step 2 in you building a D1 case against me (step 1 being you throwing shade on the topics in my opening post), then could you please finish the job now? I'll be signing off in an hour or so, and I'd like to know whether my  suspicions of you are correct or not before I go.

I'm sorry if it came off that way, I'm just trying to express what I'm seeing. Maybe you and I are quite different in our thinking and methodology, that's fine by me, I didn't want to start a feud or anything. And I also didn't notice it was you I was talking about with both those things. I'm just trying to gather information right now, and get what Im seeing into the thread for more discussion is all. 

@Elandera, do disguiser's lenses still make the user appear as their target for purposes of shaper's lens scans? The current rules don't mention that, so it's likely no longer the case.

Shaper's lenses used to be able to identify players with named roles like Alcatraz and Dark Oculator, but again this may have changed. Assuming this is still true, shaper's lenses are definitely a high priority target for Aydee should she exist.

Bastille can only redirect to save the Smedries, but it's still worthwhile for her to self-protect, at least for the first few cycles or until she loses her warrior lenses. 

35 minutes ago, Kynedath said:

I'm sorry if it came off that way, I'm just trying to express what I'm seeing. Maybe you and I are quite different in our thinking and methodology, that's fine by me, I didn't want to start a feud or anything. And I also didn't notice it was you I was talking about with both those things. I'm just trying to gather information right now, and get what Im seeing into the thread for more discussion is all. 

Right, sorry, it's me that should apologize. It's getting kinda late here, and that makes me more easily annoyed. I hadn't intended to snap at you like that. I can see how the comment could be coming from a villager perspective, but with some minor suspicion on you already in the back of my head and the tiredness it made me jump to the 'kynedath is an elim and is trying to build a village-seeming suspicion progression against me' conclusion a bit prematurely XD

Edited by DeTess

Anyway, I'm just about to check out for the night, and odds are that I won't be up before turnover, so it's time for me to put a vote down. Unfortunately, most of the discussion so far comes down to three people, including me. I'm not really feeling a lynch on Kynedath right now, as any suspicions I have on them are very tinfoily. Elkanah... well, most of that discussion was about how the bastille role works exactly.

No, I think I'm going to place a... I think Sart calls these 'stab' votes? Anyway, one of those on Butt Ad Venture. @Butt Ad Venture, in your post, you mention both the importance for a good start to D1 and discussion, but then you also immediately state that you're not going to vote, taking away one very important way in which you can contribute to discussion, and in which you can get others to contribute as well. So, since you stated you didn't want to vote, what other ways did you have in mind for promoting that activity you stated was very important?

edit: To quickly expand on where my suspicion comes from: Stating that you're not voting D1 out of principle seems like it would be a very 'safe' thing for an elim to do if they want to avoid being part of a mislynch. That combined with the exortation to people to be active (which is another very safe thing to do if you're not actively backing that up with actions to make people more active) makes me weary of butt ad venture.

Edited by DeTess

So, lots of voting so far...  Let's get some more votes out there folks!  QF means people don't have a ton of time to process...we're already over halfway through this cycle.

• Kynedath (0) - Elkanah
  • Venture (1) - Ekanah, DeTess (ninja)
  • Striker (1) - Elkanah
  • CadCom (1) - Rath

Still four people who haven't posted yet either if my count is correct.

1 hour ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

do disguiser's lenses still make the user appear as their target for purposes of shaper's lens scans? The current rules don't mention that, so it's likely no longer the case

Disguiser's lenses only work against the kill.

Hmm, with seven hours left in the cycle, I feel like it's about time to sum up what I've figured out. 

People I trust: or are probably aren't librarians

Feruchemical Skybreaker, The God King 

People I want to trust:

DeTess, Kynedath, Rathmaskal

No Idea:

Devotary, Kidpen, Venture

Haven't posted:

@StrikerEZ @Zillah @CadCom

Most notably I'm pretty sure DeTess is good, but my gut keeps saying she's bad. Otherwise she'd be in the people I trust.

Edit: ninja'd by The God King... not sure what to say

Edited by Elkanah
response to TGK

13 minutes ago, The_God_King said:

So Elkanah is trying to recruit me pretty hard in PMs. Anyone else having this happen? I imagine he’s not just targeting me but I am still pretty new. So, experienced players, what are your thoughts? 

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by recruit, I assume they've made a PM with everyone, that seems like them. They've only been discussing thoughts with me. 

Just now, Elkanah said:

Hmm, with seven hours left in the cycle, I feel like it's about time to sum up what I've figured out. 

People I trust: or are probably aren't librarians

Feruchemical Skybreaker, The God King 

People I want to trust:

DeTess, Kynedath, Rathmaskal

No Idea:

Devotary, Kidpen, Venture

Haven't posted:

@StrikerEZ @Zillah @CadCom

Most notably I'm pretty sure DeTess is good, but my gut keeps saying she's bad. Otherwise she'd be in the people I trust.

Could you possibly elaborate on why you trust the people you do?

2 hours ago, Rathmaskal said:

@Elandera - was this a PAFO as well?

And just to see if we can get some conversation going...  CadCom @CadCom how's it going?

Hi how's it going! 

I also got a PM from elkanah. It's pretty typical for some players to PM lots of other players especially near the beginning of the game. So I wouldn't say that's too worrisome yet. 

With 12 players, I would expect 3 elims, though I'd they're powerful or have a way to survive a kill or 2 there might he only two. I'll look through the roles and everyone's thoughts and see if I have anything more to contribute. Depending on how I feel I might try to get a vote down. 

4 minutes ago, Kynedath said:

Could you possibly elaborate on why you trust the people you do?

It's mostly just gut reads from PM's. As you guessed I made one with everyone, and it's been super effective for me. I have a couple of claims that may be provable and based on those I will be able to move some people higher in my trust pyramid. For Feruchemical Skybreaker and The God King, I feel like the questions I am getting about the game are genuine and would be a lot easier to resolve in a google doc than through messages. That said, it's possible either one could be conspiring in a doc and are masterfully putting me on, but it doesn't feel like that.

For those I want to trust:

Kynedath feels like Kynedath. You are acting the same way you usually do and I want to believe you are doing it to help the village. 

I have a decent guess at DeTess' role, but she hasn't claimed to me yet.

I have really enjoyed my PM with Rathmaskal and originally had him at trusted, but I realized I don't actually have any evidence so he's down at wanting to trust.

Hi! Tech week started so...I’m here now!

So... @DeTess What I meant was I’m not going to Stab vote. It’s...a long talk But yeah, the gist of it is, I appose it.

So, Elkanah’s been making a bit of a splash. I’m currently neutral on them, but conflictedly neutral.

I’ve gotten PMs. Sent a message or two. Don’t chat all that much though. 

Edited by Butt Ad Venture
I’ll be editing this all night folks!

Ok, whelp. Vote tally:  
Venture (1) - DeTess  
Striker (1) - Elkanah

I’m up. Don’t want to die. So by taking a quick look around I’m just throwing a vote at... *takes >20 min. to think* *ahem*  I’ll be throwing a ping at @Zillah, who I don’t remember posting.

I’ll see everyone at rollover. Don’t get me killed!

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

I'm making a slight change to the order of actions, as I realized they don't really work as is. It's been changed in the rules, and you'll find them below. 

Spoiler

Order of actions:

• Codexian roleblock

• Lenses

• Windstormer’s

• Disguiser’s

• Truthfinder’s

• Shaper’s

• Translator’s

• Oculator’s

• Bastille

• Kills/Grandpa’s Talent

• Voidstormer’s Lens/Tracker’s Lens

• Alcatraz’s Talent/Order of the Shattered Lens ability

• Pass lenses

• Aydee’s Talent/Dark Oculator Creates Codexian

Yeah, I wanted to hold off posting till I heard a bit more of what people had to say and how the game actually worked. Turns out it’s a tad overwhelming but I think I’m finally getting it. Hopefully I’ll be able to post something more productive next cycle. I also started a new semester today so it was heavy with course outlines and beginning homework, should calm down for the next cycle though. It seems to go by so fast, and there’s so many lenses, that by the time we analyze all of it we’ll be onto a new cycle. 

30 minutes ago, Butt Ad Venture said:

I’m just throwing a vote at... *takes >20 min. to think* *ahem*  I’ll be throwing a ping

This has been me for hours. I don't want to kill Striker D1, I also don't want to kill Zillah because they are new... Those seem to be my best options right now. DeTess won't be able to retract her vote, so we're definitely having a lynch, but on whom?

Edit: Ninja'd by Zillah, please disregard this post

Edited by Elkanah
ninjad by karma

Wait, okay so if we all say in a post "I am not an eliminator" or "I am a free kingdomer" then the truthfinders lens can be used as another kind of scan. That's cool, and with as many PMs as we have we can have a lot of information going around. If we could manage to clear a couple people with each others lenses we could have a lot of clearing going on.

I don't know if we should pursue that though, there isn't much time and we have plenty of other information sources at our disposal. But that would be really powerful in a longer game with more people I think. Neat ability GM!

EDIT: 800th post! Yay!

Edited by Kynedath