Quick Fix 42: Alcatraz vs. the Watakotse Infiltration

Elandera

So there I was, facing down a horde with only one thing on their mind: Murder.

They all looked to me, expecting something. A write-up, a game, something spectacular. It was worse than that time I faced down Alivened romance novels, despite the lack of paper cuts in this situation. 

What could I do? Did I bend to the mob’s will and provide them a way to continue killing each other, over and over and over again until none are left?

Yes, because I’m a coward and a bit of a sadist.

Welcome to Quick Fix 42! The answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything Whoops, wrong book. QF42, Alcatraz Versus the Watakotse Infiltration! Not a very creative name, but I’m not a very creative person. Bland as bland could be. Except for the slight sadistic nature that enjoys watching all of you lie, steal, and murder your way to victory. May the best players win!

Here are the rules, I guess. Since you probably want to know them to play. You’re fighting in Watakotse. For any of you Hushlanders, that’s near Japan. The Smedry family will lead the defense, but some Librarians have infiltrated. They’ll be a problem if not dealt with quickly.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kYHoUiGam9IvSTRulJupBD2tb-5LO4mrN6L6W3WTUOE/edit?usp=sharing

Free Kingdomers: Stop the Evil Librarians who’ve infiltrated your ranks from taking control of the country of Watakotse. You must fight to stop all of the Evil Librarians to keep Watakotse from falling from the Free Kindgoms.

Evil Librarians: Conquer the land of Watakotse in order to bring control to the chaos. You must outnumber or end all of the Free Kingdom resistance fighters. You all start in a doc together, to chat and stuff. Definitely not scheme. No scheming.

General Rules:

• 24-hour cycles, day/night combined
  • PMs are open and do not count as an action
  • Only one vote is required for a lynch
  • Tied lynches will be decided by RNG, since I can’t be trusted
  • Each player has one action per cycle
  • There are no hidden mechanics, rules, or roles, though not every lens will be in play
  • Inactivity Filter: If a player does not post for 2 consecutive cycles, they will be replaced by a pinch-hitter. If no pinch-hitters are available, they will be killed and their lenses dropped

Roles

Spoiler

Oculators

• Everyone is an oculator, except Bastille
  • Lenses will be passed to another player at random when the holder dies
  • A player can use an action to pass a lens to another player
  • Up to two of each lens (or two pairs of the Courier’s Lenses) will be created to begin the game

Lenses:

• Courier’s lenses: The holders of these lenses will start in a PM together that is immune to the Translator’s Lens. The PM will pass as the lens is passed.
  • Disguiser’s Lenses: Select another player to look like that turn. If the user is targeted for a kill, they will be immune. If the player they look like is successfully killed, both will die.
  • Oculator’s Lenses: Choose one player to learn if they used a lens that cycle.
  • Shaper’s Lenses: Learn the role of one player.
  • Tracker’s Lenses: Learn the action taken by one player that cycle.
  • Translator’s Lenses: Read all PMs sent that cycle. The names of who sent the PMs will not be revealed. (Does not apply to the Courier’s lens PM)
  • Truthfinder’s Lenses: Select one post in the thread to learn if there are any lies within.
  • Windstormer’s Lenses: When activated, the Oculator holding them cannot be targeted by any abilities for that cycle (does not include the lynch). They also cannot be given another lens at random. They can be directly passed a new lens. Once the lens is used, it is dropped.
  • Voidstormer’s Lenses: Steal the lenses of one target. Using this ability causes the user to lose the Voidstormer’s Lens as they grab the ones they've stolen.

Free Kingdomers:

• Alcatraz Smedry: Break things. Target one player to destroy their lenses.
  • Grandpa Smedry: Arrive late. If Grandpa is targeted for a kill or lynched, they have a 50% chance of avoiding death entirely, and a 50% chance of dying the next turn.
  • Aydee: Really bad at math. Aydee can double the number of one type of lens up to 3 times a game. The extra lenses will be distributed at random. It cannot be used on the same kind of lens twice.
  • Bastille: Knight of Crystalia. Select one player to defend from attack. Bastille starts with a pair of Warrior’s Lenses. While they are in her possession, her defense action will be diverted to protect a Smedry who is attacked. An action must be taken for the ability to trigger. Once the Lenses have been used in this way, they'll be destroyed. Bastille can continue to make defense actions, but they will not be diverted.

Evil Librarians:

• Dark Oculator: Can create a Codexian up to 3 times a game
    • Codexian: Nullifies the action of a target player, chosen by the Dark Oculator. It is destroyed after successfully attacking.
    • Creating and ordering the Codexian are separate actions.
  • Order of the Shattered Lens: Select one player to destroy their lenses.
  • Target one player to kill that cycle. Any member of the Evil Librarians can take this action.

Order of actions:

• Lenses
    • Windstormer’s
    • Disguiser’s
    • Truthfinder’s
    • Shaper’s
    • Translator’s
    • Oculator’s
  • Talents
  • Kills
  • Voidstormer’s Lens/Tracker’s Lens
  • Pass lenses  

The game will begin Sign-ups will close Monday, January 20, 2020 at 11 p.m. PST. The game should begin shortly afterwards.

Quick Links

Rule Clarifications

Spoiler

Player List

Spoiler
  1. Elkanah - Larry Lifehack
  2. Kynedath - Robben Peters
  3. The_God_King
  4. StrikerEZ
  5. CadCom - Azkaban Smedry
  6. Feruchemical Skybreaker
  7. Zillah - Elmina Château
  8. Kidpen - Roychive Notalibrary
  9. Rathmaskal
  10. Devotary of Spontaneity - Dr. Sader the Inoculator
  11. Butt Ad Venture - Alberga Hatm
  12. DeTess
Edited by Elandera
Formatting, because why would it work the first time?

This looks great, count me in! Larry Lifehack signing up to join defeat the evil librarians. I'm afraid I haven't read the source material, so RP may be a little off or nonexistent. I'll do my best to contribute to the story, though

I wasn’t sure if I wanted to join or not since I haven’t read Alcatraz yet, but I can’t resist with how fun those rules are! :P

I probably won’t be able to do any RP, partly because I haven’t read Alcatraz but also because the game will go by too fast for me to because of school. 

@The_God_King Welcome to SE! I’m glad to have you!

Hi! I'll sign up! 

Edit: as Azkaban Smedry. The Harry Potter Universe equivalent of Alcatraz. 

This should he fun because I havent read the Alcatraz series yet, and I havent read the HP books since they came out, and I havent even watched any HP movies in over a year. 

Edited by CadCom

3 hours ago, Zillah said:

Hey, I’m new to the shard. I don’t know much about the source material as of yet, but I hope to have finished the first book by the time the game begins. 

If I can, I would like to join as Elmina Château!

Glad to have you! Have you played forum mafia before? Check out the general rules for a rundown of game flow and rules that apply to all games. Feel free to ask questions if you need!

15 hours ago, Elkanah said:

@Elandera does the disguisers lens only apply to the elim kill?

Yes, it does only apply to the kill.

8 hours ago, Feruchemical Skybreaker said:

@Elandera Do I have to give a name to use? I just saw other people doing that and didn't know if I should.

The names people are picking are for an RP character. It's up to you if you want one, but you don't have to announce it before the game. I've played plenty where I don't decide on an RP character until it begins at or ever, even. 

@Butt Ad Venture, how's your schedule looking? Want to remain a pinch hitter, or would you be okay stepping up as a player?

We have enough to play, but I'd love to have a few more if some of you are sitting on the fence. Game starts in about 38 hours, give or take. 

35 minutes ago, Elandera said:

@Butt Ad Venture, how's your schedule looking? Want to remain a pinch hitter, or would you be okay stepping up as a player?

*thinks* Yeah, I’ll sign up! :D Things are looking better.

Alberga Hatm, a very lost accountant from the Hushlands. Wishes to join! Hopefully her mind doesn’t melt... :wacko: