Things I want to see in the Cosmere

Honorless

1) Rogue Planet: full on rogue planet. Not planet part of which is in perpetual darkness or whose orbit &/or lifeforms were significantly different or affected to be different somehow. I repeat, I want a full-on rogue planet, wandering around without a host star, carrying divergent lifeforms that are not carbon-based or dependent on water or have starlight involved in any capacity in their biological process

2) A more involved god: A Shard who's chosen to be more accessible to people, directly involved in the management of the Shardworld. Honor or Preservation don't count because they're dead

3) Complete destruction of a Shardworld: Death Star meets Alderaan style, I would also settle for a planet being pushed into the Cognitive or Spiritual Realms 

4) indication of life beyond the Cosmere: even if it's just a nudge or an open ending

5) other celestial bodies: neutron stars, nebulae and everyone's favourite: black holes! 

3 minutes ago, Honorless said:

1) Rogue Planet: full on rogue planet. Not planet part of which is in perpetual darkness or whose orbit &/or lifeforms were significantly different or affected to be different somehow. I repeat, I want a full-on rogue planet, wandering around without a host star, carrying divergent lifeforms that are not carbon-based or dependent on water or have starlight involved in any capacity in their biological process

Ooh, cool idea.  Aside from Dragons Im not sure we'll get something that alien that is still a native of the Physical Realm (ie not a spren) but I could easily be wrong.  Hell, it's carbon-based but there's a fair amount of "alien" life on Roshar.  

2) A more involved god: A Shard who's chosen to be more accessible to people, directly involved in the management of the Shardworld. Honor or Preservation don't count because they're dead

Does Harmony?  Admittedly he's described his role a fairly hands-off.  Otherwise I think there might be some strong possibilities with the Autonony Avatars, they sound more overt in their interactions.  

3) Complete destruction of a Shardworld: Death Star meets Alderaan style, I would also settle for a planet being pushed into the Cognitive or Spiritual Realms 

Dark but also Awesome!  How would you feel about it happening to a non-shard world?  In Era 4 that could be more likely, and they'll presumably have a lot more named worlds by then.  

4) indication of life beyond the Cosmere: even if it's just a nudge or an open ending

I think this one is unlikely but only for Doylistic reasons, I was pretty sure he'd said he intended to never cross that line. 

5) other celestial bodies: neutron stars, nebulae and everyone's favourite: black holes! 

Agreed! Also would like to see more Shadesmar regions, like Sel and maybe the "lesser" regions of places like the Moon that people think about but havent yet visited.  

16 minutes ago, Quantus said:

Does Harmony?  Admittedly he's described his role a fairly hands-off.  Otherwise I think there might be some strong possibilities with the Autonony Avatars, they sound more overt in their interactions.  

Definitely not Harmony or Autonomy. No subtle guiding! I want a Shard who is overt in their existence, open about their nature and directly involved in the governance of a Shardworld

39 minutes ago, Honorless said:

Definitely not Harmony or Autonomy. No subtle guiding! I want a Shard who is overt in their existence, open about their nature and directly involved in the governance of a Shardworld

That's how I picture at least some of Autonomy's Avatars, specifically the place where there's supposed to be a whole pantheon of "gods" that are all Autonomy.  Based on Nothing that sort of pantheon sounds like it would get very Greek in their meddling (which is to say it will be loud, often, and typically selfish)

Ok, this is a spin off of something in a shardcast.

I would love to see an alien invasion- except the invasion is scadrians.

The regular humans that are sent would be largely allomancers, people that can fly and move things with their minds, have superhuman strength, have incredible senses, or can literally alter the flow of time. And no visible sign of all of this. On roshar, people have stormlight, taldain sand, nalthis color auras, sel- silver skin, tools, bone growths, etc. Usually, power is clear. But not so with allomancy. And then kandra, and koloss. In space age, this would be amazing. Just imagine massive blue skinned abominations falling from the sky, with tech armor and massive guns. And then, at the same time, the society is being infiltrated and destroyed, by face changers.

The whole thing would be incredible. And all of these groups would likely be clumped together in the invaded peoples minds, as one species. Monstrosities, evil.

There's reasons for why this would happen, if you want to know the beginning of this, go watch the autonomy shardcast.

5 hours ago, Quantus said:

That's how I picture at least some of Autonomy's Avatars, specifically the place where there's supposed to be a whole pantheon of "gods" that are all Autonomy.  Based on Nothing that sort of pantheon sounds like it would get very Greek in their meddling (which is to say it will be loud, often, and typically selfish)

I always interpreted that as referring to the Pantheon Isles of First of the Sun 

8 hours ago, Quantus said:

Dark but also Awesome!  How would you feel about it happening to a non-shard world?  In Era 4 that could be more likely, and they'll presumably have a lot more named worlds by then.  

Hmm, wouldn't have as much of an impact if it wasn't a Shardworld we've personally rooted for

We do know that a world aside from Ashyn was destroyed. If this world's story is to be told, and if it was a diShardic world, which it likely was, then we might get a story out of this yet rather than just a backstory or a reference. Fingers crossed!

6) Humans being the equivalent of spren: I want to see a Shardworld where a Bond with a human grants the non-human (preferably a Cognitive Entity) access to an Investiture system

Basically, a reverse of the trope of humans being granted magic by a magical entity, with the humans themselves granting magic to other entities

Edited by Honorless

I want to see: 

- Dragons 

- nightblood in CR, NB going through perpendicularity, NB in the hands of Hoid, NB in the hands of a shard

- a meeting of more than three shards 

- I want to see the dark side of Taldain

- the moment when Adonalsium was shattered, don’t we all!?

- I want to see Vax 

- I want to see Red Rip, Taln’s scar

- I want to see Nalthis cognitive anomaly 

- I want to see silverlight

- I want to see Braize, Ashyn, southern continent on Scadrial

- I want to see Aethers in action 

Edited by The Traveller

• 2 months later...

7) I want to see a Shard going biblical. And their own Splinters opposing them. I'd prefer it if neither side were in the wrong and this became a part of the Shardworld's theology and socio-politics, giving us some delicious drama

8) A Nightwatcher chase scene. Imagine Nightwatcher with her many limbs, hurtling through the forests, over bramble and bush, swinging by the branches, her thousand hands scuttling over the hilly, overgrown terrain