Blog Spam

Ed Venture

I’ve been looking through the blog feature recently and seen something a bit interesting. There are lots of blogs with zero posts. Some of these are normal people who never get around to using them, but I’ve seen others by spambot companies, one for a flight simulator! :P

Just wondering if this is something that should be resolved, and if it should be resolved here because I was unable to find a report button there.

53 minutes ago, Butt Ad Venture said:

I’ve been looking through the blog feature recently and seen something a bit interesting. There are lots of blogs with zero posts. Some of these are normal people who never get around to using them, but I’ve seen others by spambot companies, one for a flight simulator! :P

A large group of sharders are what we call lurkers who just like to watch without posting.  How do you know that they are a flight simulator?

2 minutes ago, Karger said:

A large group of sharders are what we call lurkers who just like to watch without posting.  How do you know that they are a flight simulator?

Look at a few of these:

They're all advertisements. And if you look at the About This Blog segment, it's just more advertising.

Arcanists are not staff. They do not manage anything other than Arcanum in particular. You are mistaken, Karger. We much prefer reports over tagging specific people, so that any moderator can see this. Do not tag specific moderators in the future.

Good to know that flagging members as spammers doesn't kill the spam blogs. Great. 

EDIT: All the spam blogs should be dead now.

Edited by Chaos

On 1/27/2020 at 1:24 PM, Chaos said:

Arcanists are not staff. They do not manage anything other than Arcanum in particular. You are mistaken, Karger. We much prefer reports over tagging specific people, so that any moderator can see this. Do not tag specific moderators in the future.

Oh wow.  Completely wrong.  So sorry.

The level of permissions and how much a mod can interfere has changed, hasn't it? I remember seeing wholesale edits of other people's posts, that hadn't crossed any rules as far as I could discern. I also remember seeing an edit by Pagerunner at one point though, was he a mod before?

7 hours ago, Honorless said:

I also remember seeing an edit by Pagerunner at one point though, was he a mod before?

Yeah, but being a mod is for chumps, and I'm no chump. (And there was less need for staff members after the rush of Oathbringer-inspired activity died down.)