D&D Based RP

Ricocheting Windrunner

On 1/31/2020 at 8:13 AM, Ookla the Maybe-Existent said:

Pikes. That was his name. My colleague, Pikes.

Avanti turns back as Pikes appears in his view, never fully taking his eyes off of the noble. It’s always hard to stay focused when there’s a noble or other authorities around. Avanti faintly remembers the hushed warnings his spike could fracture his mind, and as he fixates on the noble, wondering all the ways he could tear him apart, he nods to Pikes.

“I can do a distraction,” he says, his voice quiet and determined.

Keeping his head down Avanti never stops staring at the noble, stormlight spheres in a tight pouch at his hip. Breathing in the Investiture he turns and brainstorms possible diversions for a moment before deciding on something. He looks to a particularly crowded spot not too far away and breaths out, channeling the stormlight into a lightweaving that’ll hopefully distract the guards.

It’s a lightweaving of a voice Avanti remembers from long ago. It’s of a woman screaming. The sound is loud and shrill. It would take too much stormlight to recreate a full person so hopefully the sound and crowded area will be enough of a diversion.

@Ricocheting Windrunner

On 1/31/2020 at 9:09 AM, Ricocheting Windrunner said:

@Ookla the Maybe-Existent Your lightweaving does the trick. The guards all draw their short swords and pikes and shove through the crowd toward the noise. The noble scrambles to the other side of the wagon between the store and the fallen courage. he huddled there away from the crowd and possible trouble.  

Pikes nods in satisfaction. Not bad, Avanti, he thinks as he jogs towards the target. The man has more talent for Lightweaving in his little finger than half the department. Although for the life of him, he can't fathom why the man chose to take only one spike instead of the maximum three. Few people willing to use hemalurgy limit themselves in such a fashion. He himself can only remember one other. One particular other.

He pauses a step, and a shadow passes over his face for a brief second- but in the next, it's gone, vanished as if it had never existed. Pikes is not a man to dwell on regrets. And he has a job to do.

The target is crouching behind the wagon, out of sight of the crowd. Pikes can feel the fear radiating off the man as he approaches him. It's hardly unexpected. This is the undercity, after all; home of thieves, murderers, hemalurgists, peasants, and many others with good reasons to despise noblemen. One wrong step, and he'll be feeding the worms before he can even open his mouth to call his guards.

The man knows this. Pikes knows that he's knows this. And he's counting on the man's fear to make him more susceptible to his attack.

Carefully, yet with a sense of urgency, Pikes taps the man on the shoulder. "Quickly!" he hisses. "Come this way! Before they catch you!"

He taps a massive burst of Connection at the same time, forging the power into a link between them. If he's done it right, it should make the man trust him. And once you had a man's trust, you had him in the palm of your hand.

@Ricocheting Windrunner

Edited by xinoehp512

@xinoehp512 The noble scrambles away toward you following you away from the commotion. Already the crowd was starting to thin as people hurried on. In the undercity no one paused to question screams and disturbances.They simply moved on their way and hoped they weren't also targeted. The guards were still moving through the crowd but they were looking uncomfortable as no screamer was any were to be found and they were subjected to glares and rude words.

On 01/02/2020 at 5:09 AM, xinoehp512 said:

He taps a massive burst of Connection at the same time, forging the power into a link between them. If he's done it right, it should make the man trust him. And once you had a man's trust, you had him in the palm of your hand.

Avanti trails behind with his head lowered, watching Pikes convince the noble to follow him as the guards are distracted. As he ambles forward Avanti finds himself staring at the noble with wide eyes, dark thoughts working their way in his mind and he shuts them out, walks to where the noble was standing, next to the carriage.

He looks at Pikes and nods. Breathing out more stormlight he takes a good look at the noble and replicates his appearance. It doesn’t take too much stormlight, Avanti already has a base to work with and he isn’t using brand new stormlight, he’s merely reworking the lightweaving that was already disguising him.

The end result is clear. Avanti’s old disguise bleeds away, revealing fanciful clothing, and a body and face that match the nobleman’s. He stands up, straightens his back and tried to assume an authoritative stance. He didn’t hear the nobleman speak much, and Avanti was very never good at being in the spotlight. As long as the guards don’t ask too many questions, the lightweaving should work, he thinks.

@Ricocheting Windrunner

@Ookla the Maybe-Existent The guards hurry back looking panicked as they realized they left their lord alone surrounded by undercity peasants. They shove through the crowd and surround you as the captain says, "My lord why have you not taken cover? Quick get in the carriage we'll have us moving back to more...reputable parts of the city soon." he turns away to yell at the carriage driver who was trying desperately to put the wheel back on and calm the horses. The soldiers regard the crowd warily never looking at you more than twice. One motions for you to get in the carriage as the wheel finally goes back on. If you get in the carriage rolls away swiftly guards jogging on either side and the captain inside the carriage. 

@xinoehp512 The noble follows you as far as the nearest alleyway then stops looking back at were the guards are shoving their way back. "Maybe I should go join my...." his voice trails off as he looks at you closely for the first time and his jaw drops as he prepares to cry out. The alleyway is deserted and you are mostly out of site from the main street.   

4 hours ago, Ricocheting Windrunner said:

@xinoehp512 The noble follows you as far as the nearest alleyway then stops looking back at were the guards are shoving their way back. "Maybe I should go join my...." his voice trails off as he looks at you closely for the first time and his jaw drops as he prepares to cry out. The alleyway is deserted and you are mostly out of site from the main street.   

As the man turns, Pikes's mind races. He wants to resolve this situation without violence if at all possible. Despite what Corvus might think, he is not a violent man. Luckily, he is a quick thinker.

"A decoy," he says. "They expect you here- they would be suspicious otherwise." He taps his foot, feigning agitation, and taps another pulse of Connection- just to be sure. "Come on- we have to get out of here before they attack."

@Ricocheting Windrunner

Edited by xinoehp512

@xinoehp512 "A...a.. decoy?" the noble's brow furrows and his mouth gaps a little as he tries to grasp the complex plan. "Well...I suppose we better hurry then....if you really are.." the noble shakes his head and stomps down the alley his confusion giving away to anger at people making plans without him. "Well come along, we must get back to the manor somehow. Honestly all this dirt will ruin my suit, couldn't workers have the self respect to keep this place decent? I must submit a commision to the Department of Sanitation. That they would allow these conditions..." he continues on in that grumble stepping high and gingerly as if the place was covered in rats. 

@Ookla the Maybe-Existent The captain of the guards leans forward as the carriage rolls way. "Are you hurt my lord? Absolutely ridiculous for this carriage to break like that. And we never even found who had screamed. Most likely just a peasant dropped their laundry." he laughs nervously and glances at you then away. It seemed the guards were uneasy when left alone in the nobles presence. He licked his lips and opened his mouth then closed it glancing at the window even though the shades were drawn. 

@GoWibble @Karger @ChickenLiberty @Coda Corvus nods and stands up dusting his trousers. "Then if all four of you will follow me I can take you to the safe house for the night. Or if you need to collect materials from your own places then we will meet back here tomorrow to go the hideout. Now I must leave quickly to meet with some more people so decide quick." Corvus turns and strides for the door leaving you to follow or go your separate ways.   

Edited by Ricocheting Windrunner

Liberty starts to amble along after Corvus, but, after processing what he had said, remembers that he had left his bow and arrows behind.

He says, "So... the tomorrow," and heads off. He goes down the wrong street at first, but before turning around, he taps his zincmind to make sure that he's not being followed. The rebellion seemed to have good intentions, but to trust them fully would be foolish. For all he knew, they might decide that the money he had back at his own hideout would be "needed" to pursue those "good intentions." Looking around, he saw...

@Ricocheting Windrunner, with his increased speed of thought, does he notice anyone following him, or not?

Also, you forgot to @Coda with us in that last message.

Edited by ChickenLiberty

1 hour ago, Ricocheting Windrunner said:

@xinoehp512 "A...a.. decoy?" the noble's brow furrows and his mouth gaps a little as he tries to grasp the complex plan. "Well...I suppose we better hurry then....if you really are.." the noble shakes his head and stomps down the alley his confusion giving away to anger at people making plans without him. "Well come along, we must get back to the manor somehow. Honestly all this dirt will ruin my suit, couldn't workers have the self respect to keep this place decent? I must submit a commision to the Department of Sanitation. That they would allow these conditions..." he continues on in that grumble stepping high and gingerly as if the place was covered in rats. 

Pikes stifles a sigh. Nobles. Honestly, it's a wonder the government gets anything done at all.

"This way," he says, hastening down an alley, turning a corner and shooting a look back to make sure the noble was still following.

@Ricocheting Windrunner

Edited by xinoehp512

2 hours ago, ChickenLiberty said:

Liberty starts to amble along after Corvus, but, after processing what he had said, remembers that he had left his bow and arrows behind.

He says, "So... the tomorrow," and heads off. He goes down the wrong street at first, but before turning around, he taps his zincmind to make sure that he's not being followed. The rebellion seemed to have good intentions, but to trust them fully would be foolish. For all he knew, they might decide that the money he had back at his own hideout would be "needed" to pursue those "good intentions." Looking around, he saw...

You see nobody following you that you can tell though you do notice a stir in the crowd over by Corvus. People turn to stare and whisper and a few raise a fist in the typical undercity salute of respect. It seemed that Corvus was growing popular with the workers and peasants of the city. but no ones attention on you. It seems like the rebellion really did have a good intentions. Or had good crowd trailers. 

1 hour ago, xinoehp512 said:

Pikes stifles a sigh. Nobles. Honestly, it's a wonder the government gets anything done at all.

"This way," he says, hastening down an alley, turning a corner and shooting a look back to make sure the noble was still following. 

The noble follows after you still muttering under his breath but stepping more quickly to keep up. His shoes were quickly becoming covered in dirt and he winced as the stones pushed through the delicate velvet. 

3 hours ago, Ricocheting Windrunner said:

Corvus nods and stands up dusting his trousers. "Then if all four of you will follow me I can take you to the safe house for the night. Or if you need to collect materials from your own places then we will meet back here tomorrow to go the hideout. Now I must leave quickly to meet with some more people so decide quick." Corvus turns and strides for the door leaving you to follow or go your separate ways.   

I go to the safe house.

On 04/02/2020 at 3:28 AM, Ricocheting Windrunner said:

The captain of the guards leans forward as the carriage rolls way. "Are you hurt my lord? Absolutely ridiculous for this carriage to break like that. And we never even found who had screamed. Most likely just a peasant dropped their laundry." he laughs nervously and glances at you then away. It seemed the guards were uneasy when left alone in the nobles presence. He licked his lips and opened his mouth then closed it glancing at the window even though the shades were drawn

Avanti keeps silent as the carriage begins to move forward and the guard captain begins small-talk. It seems like the noble had quite the loud mouth on him, would it appear weird if Avanti didn’t say anything? And yet — he wasn’t sure of the noble’s voice. If he messed up, it could ruin the disguise fully. It might be best to pretend he didn’t hear the captain, or...

Avanti tried remembering the best he could from the nobleman’s yells, and slowly tries recreating the best voice he can. He adds a little bit of hoarseness as well.

“I’m fine. I think I got some dust in my throat from the scuffle. Storming undercity.” Hopefully that smooths over any edges the guards can fine. Avanti adds a couple coughs too, for realism.

@Ookla the Maybe-Existent The guard captain nods quickly and says that he finds it most understandable launching into more nervous talk as if to cover for your silence. He stops after a few minutes and lets you ride in silence. Before long thanks to the quick pace the carriage is rolling through the gates of the manor house and across the meticulously kept grounds. The sun had just sank below the horizon and yellow lamplight was streaming through the windows. The carriage rolls to a stop in front of the steps leading to the door and a footman hurries over to open your door. The captain hops out first and the footman assists you out of the carriage. "Welcome home my lord," his voice was the flat carefully respectful voice of a servant. "A fire is lade in your study and your lady is waiting for you to join her for evening tea," The coach men leads the carrige away and the servant steps back respectfully waiting for a response.  

Your mission parameters do say to disappear once the sun had set before anyone notices. You can go back to the undercity and no one will know were the lord went. If you need his name it's Lord Franklin Strallear. 

@xinoehp512 you have approached the location of the safe house by sticking to the back alleys and your reputation leading people to avoid you even if they see the nobel. You are in a side street that's almost an alley and he safe house is here in the disguise of a warehouse production line. The noble is beginning to look suspicious as you are still in the undercity but he hasn't demanded an explanation yet.  

On 2/3/2020 at 5:33 PM, Ricocheting Windrunner said:

You see nobody following you that you can tell though you do notice a stir in the crowd over by Corvus. People turn to stare and whisper and a few raise a fist in the typical undercity salute of respect. It seemed that Corvus was growing popular with the workers and peasants of the city. but no ones attention on you. It seems like the rebellion really did have a good intentions. Or had good crowd trailers. 

The noble follows after you still muttering under his breath but stepping more quickly to keep up. His shoes were quickly becoming covered in dirt and he winced as the stones pushed through the delicate velvet. 

Pikes turns back and forth through the alleyways, making his way towards the safe house. Periodically, he looks back over his shoulder to make sure the noble is following.

At last he sees the familiar stone brick alley entrance. With a burst of speed, he turns the corner... and runs directly into the two rebels he knew would be standing guard. Perfect. He lets out a scream. "They're here!" he wails, turning around and dashing out of the alley. "Run!"

With that, he switches from storing to tapping, erasing himself from notice.

Edited by xinoehp512

@xinoehp512 The noble stumbles as he turns around and tries to run back the way you came. The guards hearing your cry run up and seeing the noble act in a very direct way. They both leap and tackle him to the ground cutting off his crie as the wind is knocked out of him. They pull the noble to his feet and back toward the warehouse and through the door. Neither question who had cried as they were in the rebellion and used to weird things happening to bring success. One propels the noble in front of him through the door and the other returns to guard outside pretending to be a worker on break. The mission was a success and food would be waiting inside.    

10 minutes ago, Ricocheting Windrunner said:

@xinoehp512 The noble stumbles as he turns around and tries to run back the way you came. The guards hearing your cry run up and seeing the noble act in a very direct way. They both leap and tackle him to the ground cutting off his crie as the wind is knocked out of him. They pull the noble to his feet and back toward the warehouse and through the door. Neither question who had cried as they were in the rebellion and used to weird things happening to bring success. One propels the noble in front of him through the door and the other returns to guard outside pretending to be a worker on break. The mission was a success and food would be waiting inside.    

Pikes smiles triumphantly as he watches the noble get hauled into the warehouse. Perfect. He'd accomplished the job, he'd avoided resorting to violence, and- if he played his cards right- he should be able to use the Connection he'd forged with the noble for future advantage.

I assume he's supposed to report back to Corvus?

@Ricocheting Windrunner

@xinoehp512 You know Corvus was away on a recruitment meeting so he said to check if he is back and if not to report to Charles who is his number two. one of them will be overseeing the hideout. 

If you enter and ask after Corvus he has returned and someone directs you to the upstairs were a lightweaving conceals the trapdoor. Pull on a hidden cord and the door opens dropping a rope ladder. If you choose to go up you'll find Corvus and three other people. 

@Feruchemical Skybreaker "Oh a bit if this and a bit of that," Jason leans back comfortably in the warm roomy tavern he lead you to. His cup dangles from one hand and he shows none of the normally rigous posture he used to. "Mostly I've been studying the law and deciding how I feel about it. There's some wrong stuff in there but..." he trails off and shrugs acting as if doesn't matter but his eyes tell differently. He was trying to bait you into arguing the law.