D&D Based RP

Ricocheting Windrunner

Coda smiled and pretended that those words didn't bother him. "You haven't finished because I wasn't there." He pulled up a chair and sat down. "Now, what were the terms? I believe someone mentioned 400 gold."

@Feruchemical Skybreaker The skybreaker hesitates as you call his bluff. "Please I really don't want to hurt you. Come on (insert your character's name) we trained and swore our first Ideal together. Can't you see that this law is corrupt. Nale would want us to make a new just law and see that upheld." he dismisses his shardblade and spreads his arms open. "Go ahead and kill me. Prove your law is wrong. Because we are supposed to be just Radiants and this isn't just. This is wrong."  

Also, just a suggestion.

This really isn't dnd. It takes element from such, but it is not, not even close, to the game everyone knows and loves, the worlds greatest roleplaying game, dungeons and dragons.

Anyway, what I'm getting at is: Maybe change the title. It's a misnomer, and not accurate. Say dnd based game, sanderson roleplay, or choose something new entirely. But this isn't dnd, so it shouldn't be labeled as such.

1 minute ago, Coda said:

Coda smiled and pretended that those words didn't bother him. "You haven't finished because I wasn't there." He pulled up a chair and sat down. "Now, what were the terms? I believe someone mentioned 400 gold."

Corvus (who's the leader of the rebellion and the man who invited you to this meeting) laughs and turns to the other three people. "I'm sorry but we'll have to wait while I explain the terms to our friend here. He will also be working with you." Corvus pulls out a chair and sits facing you. "So yes the amount is actually 300 gold. One of our friends is a hard bargainer. But basically you enlist with the rebellion and operate on potentially dangerous jobs for us and we pay you and give you a base of operations."   

1 minute ago, Feruchemical Skybreaker said:

"Good, I don't need to kill you. You have not convinced of the flaws of this law but I still respect you."  

Turn shardblade back to spren form.

Jarson relaxes looking relieved. "Thanks because I wouldn't have really just let you kill me but I don't want to kill you either. We all know who would actually win in that fight."

Coda thought. The job itself sounded slightly sketchy, especially the danger part, but the base of operations... This could be a chance to finally start that empire he'd always wanted. "I do think 400 gold sounds a lot nicer than 300 gold," he said. 

7 minutes ago, Coda said:

Coda thought. The job itself sounded slightly sketchy, especially the danger part, but the base of operations... This could be a chance to finally start that empire he'd always wanted. "I do think 400 gold sounds a lot nicer than 300 gold," he said. 

Corvus throws up his hands. "Why does everybody assume this rebellion has a ton of money? I'll see what I can do but you might have to end up stealing some of that money." He stands and looks outside where the sun was beginning to set. "Let's head to the safe house, if you're in Coda." 

9 minutes ago, Feruchemical Skybreaker said:

"Ha! You think you would win? We both know i've always been better in combat," I say playfully.

"Whatever doesn't matter how good you are in combat if I can fly loops around you. It' been too long, lets go and catch up, I know a good bar..." he says temptingly pointing down the street and lifting an eyebrow. 

@ILuvHats It is know dusk

Edited by Ricocheting Windrunner

4 minutes ago, Feruchemical Skybreaker said:

"I don't know about you flying loops, more like sloppy zig-zags. But yeah, lets head over to that bar."

He leads you down to the bar were you can catch up and share a few drinks.

Let's take a break on this so that some other people can play

@Ookla the Maybe-Existent @Xeniohp512 Are you two ready to come in because I'm ready to start dming for you. You'll start together. 

Edited by Ricocheting Windrunner

On 29/01/2020 at 3:11 AM, xinoehp512 said:

Pikes maneuvers his way forwards through the crowds clogging the subterranean passageways. He stores Connection as he does so, storing the weak bonds between him and the world around. It adds a bit of challenge to his walk- people don't notice him very well while he's storing, meaning his steps tend to get partially blocked by oblivious passerby. But Pikes has never been one to quit because of challenge, and the extra Connection could prove useful. Besides, he has his colleague with him, clearing a path through the crowds ahead of him. And very effective he is; while hemalurgists must conceal themselves in the overcity, where guards patrol every alley and sidestreet, here they can declare themselves openly. The people of the undercity may have little love for the rebellion, but they do have respect. And, possibly, hope- hope that the oppressive hand they labor under will, someday, be lifted.

Avanti keeps his steps quick and light. He clears a path into the crowd, and while he can’t spot any guards yet, life has taught him to never let down his guard. He’s covered in yet another lightweaving, the stormlight flowing from him into a disguise, his eyes now a light brown, his hair lightweaven to be dark and inconspicuous; Avanti can’t remember the last time he’s let anyone see his true appearance.

He walks ahead, through the crowd, only for a moment barely remembering he even has a colleague. He looks back to try and find his partner but it’s hard through the mass of people, and every time Avanti thinks he’s found him it’s someone else. It doesn’t matter where the other guy is, Avanti thinks. I’m sure he’s not too far behind. What was his name again?

We’re ready :) 

@Ricocheting Windrunner

Edited by Ookla the Maybe-Existent

Speed=distance/t if you go at 50% speed for 2hours you can go at 200% speed for one hour.  Compounding allows you to go as fast as you want for as long as you want unless someone takes off your metalminds.  Keep in mind that a human body can't stand the whiplash of more then about 100mph.  G-force is not a concern.  These are the standard rules.

Edited by Karger

Just now, Karger said:

Speed=distance/t if you go at 50% speed for 2hours you can go at 200% speed for one hour.  Compounding allows you to go as fast as you want for as long as you want unless someone takes off your metalminds.  Keep in mind that a human body can't stand the whiplash of more then about 100mph.

Yes, so what you just described would mean that you store (speed multiplier)×time in steel, which is what I think it is as well.

But, that is not how compounding works. Most importantly, you can run out of metal, but there are other issues as well. When you burn your metalmind, you get back 10× as much attribute as you put in, but you can only control the rate this is used as much as burning regular metal can be controlled. If you want to regulate how much of the attribute you're getting, you need to store it in a melamine again, as feruchemists have fine control in their usage speed, unlike allomancers. A downside to this method is that you can only store an attribute so quickly (75% if I remember correctly). Also, if someone takes off your metalminds while you are compounding, you won't be out because attributes being compounded are in metal that has generally been ingested.

3 minutes ago, ChickenLiberty said:

But, that is not how compounding works. Most importantly, you can run out of metal, but there are other issues as well. When you burn your metalmind, you get back 10× as much attribute as you put in

Not really.  That was just Sazed's guess.  There is a limit but we do not know it exactly.  Miles was able to tap constantly for years.

5 minutes ago, ChickenLiberty said:

unlike allomancers. A downside to this method is that you can only store an attribute so quickly (75% if I remember correctly).

I do not think we know this and I think it depends on the attribute.

6 minutes ago, ChickenLiberty said:

Also, if someone takes off your metalminds while you are compounding, you won't be out because attributes being compounded are in metal that has generally been ingested

Only if you have swallowed the correct metal first. 

1 hour ago, Karger said:

I do not think we know this and I think it depends on the attribute.

WOB: (Although it probably depends on the attribute, this WOB uses steel as an example, which is the compounder we’re discussing. I also bolded the important part and spoiler tagged it to conserve space):

Spoiler

Thoughtful Spurts

If there's really no upper limit to Feruchemy for practical reasons* , why didn't Sazed just fill steel at ridiculous levels for a few minutes in [Well of Ascension], and then go back to running instead of leaving his steelminds there? Say, being some 100,000 times slower than he would normally be for about a minute. Meaning that a Feruchemist should be able to fill a given metalmind in very short periods of time if you fill at a high enough rate.

*(yes, you have the limit of how much you can store in a given metalmind and for how many metalminds you can carry on your person, but those are probably too high to really be taken into account in more "normal" circumstances)

Brandon Sanderson

The low end is bounded. You can pull out tons--but in filling, you can only go so far. I didn't ever explicitly talk about this in the series, but the implications are there. Not all have the same bounds, but in your example, the body just can't slow beyond a certain point. Think of it this way--you can only fill a weight metalmind with as much weight as you have to give. So you can become very, very light--but you only add to a time for doubling your weight. You can't make yourself 100,000 times slower and gain 100,000 times multiplication. You can give up all of your normal speed, and so when you tap that speed out you are at 200% for an equal period. (And that's a theoretical maximum; realistically, you can only go to down around 75% slower or the like.)

17th Shard Forum Q&A (Sept. 26, 2012)

Edited by Ookla the Maybe-Existent

8 hours ago, Karger said:

Only if you have swallowed the correct metal first. 

Which I did:

On 1/28/2020 at 1:43 PM, GoWibble said:

After ingesting a coin from his pouch, Wibblo turned to go towards his new employer. Partially filling his metalmind, Wibblo felt like the entire offer would turn out to be anticlimactic. The building was...

@Ookla the Maybe-Existent As you push through the crowd you see your target up ahead. The noble was standing and swearing at the workers who were trying to put the broken wheel back on his carriage. The carriage the rebellion had rigged to break. Your mission is to take out the noble and impersonate him with a lightweaving long enough to get him back in rebellin custody. @xinoehp512 your job is to forcefully take the noble to a safehouse while @Ookla the Maybe-Existent pretends to be him so no one searches until it's to late.  

11 hours ago, Ookla the Maybe-Existent said:

WOB: (Although it probably depends on the attribute, this WOB uses steel as an example, which is the compounder we’re discussing. I also bolded the important part and spoiler tagged it to conserve space):

Looking at the WOB, it seems to be talking about storing from normal levels of speed- compounders should be able to dump their excess as fast or slow as they wish, because they're always above normal when compounding.

4 hours ago, Ricocheting Windrunner said:

@Ookla the Maybe-Existent As you push through the crowd you see your target up ahead. The noble was standing and swearing at the workers who were trying to put the broken wheel back on his carriage. The carriage the rebellion had rigged to break. Your mission is to take out the noble and impersonate him with a lightweaving long enough to get him back in rebellin custody. @xinoehp512 your job is to forcefully take the noble to a safehouse while @Ookla the Maybe-Existent pretends to be him so no one searches until it's to late.  

Pikes stops tapping for a moment. "Can you create a diversion?" he murmurs to Avanti. "Distract the others?"

@Ookla the Maybe-Existent

19 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

Pikes stops tapping for a moment. "Can you create a diversion?" he murmurs to Avanti. "Distract the others?"

Pikes. That was his name. My colleague, Pikes.

Avanti turns back as Pikes appears in his view, never fully taking his eyes off of the noble. It’s always hard to stay focused when there’s a noble or other authorities around. Avanti faintly remembers the hushed warnings his spike could fracture his mind, and as he fixates on the noble, wondering all the ways he could tear him apart, he nods to Pikes.

“I can do a distraction,” he says, his voice quiet and determined.

Keeping his head down Avanti never stops staring at the noble, stormlight spheres in a tight pouch at his hip. Breathing in the Investiture he turns and brainstorms possible diversions for a moment before deciding on something. He looks to a particularly crowded spot not too far away and breaths out, channeling the stormlight into a lightweaving that’ll hopefully distract the guards.

It’s a lightweaving of a voice Avanti remembers from long ago. It’s of a woman screaming. The sound is loud and shrill. It would take too much stormlight to recreate a full person so hopefully the sound and crowded area will be enough of a diversion.

@Ricocheting Windrunner

@Ookla the Maybe-Existent Your lightweaving does the trick. The guards all draw their short swords and pikes and shove through the crowd toward the noise. The noble scrambles to the other side of the wagon between the store and the fallen courage. he huddled there away from the crowd and possible trouble.  

1 hour ago, Ookla the Maybe-Existent said:

Pikes. That was his name. My colleague, Pikes.

Avanti turns back as Pikes appears in his view, never fully taking his eyes off of the noble. It’s always hard to stay focused when there’s a noble or other authorities around. Avanti faintly remembers the hushed warnings his spike could fracture his mind, and as he fixates on the noble, wondering all the ways he could tear him apart, he nods to Pikes.

“I can do a distraction,” he says, his voice quiet and determined.

Keeping his head down Avanti never stops staring at the noble, stormlight spheres in a tight pouch at his hip. Breathing in the Investiture he turns and brainstorms possible diversions for a moment before deciding on something. He looks to a particularly crowded spot not too far away and breaths out, channeling the stormlight into a lightweaving that’ll hopefully distract the guards.

It’s a lightweaving of a voice Avanti remembers from long ago. It’s of a woman screaming. The sound is loud and shrill. It would take too much stormlight to recreate a full person so hopefully the sound and crowded area will be enough of a diversion.

@Ricocheting Windrunner

Nice. just FYI, I will not be able to do anything for this tomorrow