D&D Based RP

Ricocheting Windrunner

Just now, Ricocheting Windrunner said:

The man's gaze hardens. "I however am not. Please good sir I meant no offence. Do seat yourself please as we have more important matters to discuss than nobility and wines."

Very well.  You have a proposition for us?

5 minutes ago, Ricocheting Windrunner said:

@Karger @GoWibble @ChickenLiberty The three of you enter the back room at roughly the same time. It's a modest sized room with wood paneling and one rectangular table. A man sits at the table dressed in simple clothing. He is of moderate height and build and appraises you all with a keen intelligent gaze. He unclasps his hands from where they rest on the table and gesture to three empty chairs. 
"Please sit. Would you care for some wine? Just some common stock I'm afraid anything better is reserved for nobility." 

"Wine... maybe, but my thinking... slow. A... not risk them. What are... you know about me? What is done important you said?"

Liberty sits down at the table.

3 minutes ago, Karger said:

Very well.  You have a proposition for us?

"Indeed I do." he looks visibly relaxed as you agree to talk. "My name is Corvus and I am the leader of a rebellion that has begun to grow. Before it was just a small movement but know we are gaining momentum and true power in the undercity. This rebellion is in need of your talents and I would like to offer you a substantial reward for your help. I do not seek to blackmail or bribe you only point out the potential reward for your assistants." 

Just now, Ricocheting Windrunner said:

"Indeed I do." he looks visibly relaxed as you agree to talk. "My name is Corvus and I am the leader of a rebellion that has begun to grow. Before it was just a small movement but know we are gaining momentum and true power in the undercity. This rebellion is in need of your talents and I would like to offer you a substantial reward for your help. I do not seek to blackmail or bribe you only point out the potential reward for your assistants." 

Background check.  What do we know about this rebellion.  What are its actual goals?  How bad would it be if the caught us?  Are there respective people in any government to this message?  What kinds of things do they do?

3 minutes ago, Ricocheting Windrunner said:

"Talents of me... which you know? Of us? Don't know... they have talents of which? Only of me... talent known, but... to you, how?"

Edited by ChickenLiberty

Corvus pauses and sorts through your confusing speech before answering. "I have heard rumors of what each of you can do through the underground were you obtain supplies. I know you can all use at least one form of investiture. the council and Directories have an advantage on numbers of investiture users and we need to balance that or they can wipe us all out with one man. and I believe Zaire is a forger who's talents would be doubly useful."

21 minutes ago, Ricocheting Windrunner said:

Corvus pauses and sorts through your confusing speech before answering. "I have heard rumors of what each of you can do through the underground were you obtain supplies. I know you can all use at least one form of investiture. the council and Directories have an advantage on numbers of investiture users and we need to balance that or they can wipe us all out with one man. and I believe Zaire is a forger who's talents would be doubly useful."

Names?  In a place like this?  While I am in disguise?  You are giving me doubts about how professional your organization is.

1 hour ago, Karger said:

Names?  In a place like this?  While I am in disguise?  You are giving me doubts about how professional your organization is.

"I can assure you this building is secure," Corvus does not seem worried about your comments. "And I had men watching you come to this building. Then three men entered but none looking like you. So it was reasonable to assume that the one man i don't have a description of was the forger Zaire. Perhaps it is you who has to be more professional."

2 minutes ago, GoWibble said:

"What am I needed to do? And why me?"

"I chose you simply because you are one of the only investiture users that is not already under the Law's control. As for what you would have to do I need to know that your with me before I tell you exact details. I can't have you betraying me to the Law now can I? I can tell you would be...dealing with nobleman guards and Lawman so my people can infiltrate and interrogate them." 

23 minutes ago, Ricocheting Windrunner said:

"I chose you simply because you are one of the only investiture users that is not already under the Law's control. As for what you would have to do I need to know that your with me before I tell you exact details. I can't have you betraying me to the Law now can I? I can tell you would be...dealing with nobleman guards and Lawman so my people can infiltrate and interrogate them." 

Hide the specifics of the job then.  Tell us what this will consist of procurement, sabotage, or "liberation" how difficult it will be and the duration of the mission. 

13 hours ago, Ricocheting Windrunner said:

Wibblo remains standing. 

@Ricocheting Windrunner I really think that this thread would work better in a new thread. Either that, or you could edit your first post to include everyone's character (with 'powers')

Edited by GoWibble

14 hours ago, Karger said:

Hide the specifics of the job then.  Tell us what this will consist of procurement, sabotage, or "liberation" how difficult it will be and the duration of the mission. 

"Very well. It will consist of liberation and sabotage and some of the jobs would be very hard except your abilities should give you an advantage. Many of the jobs will be spur of the moment when we hear of possible opportunities and act. You will have to be on call to counteract government operations and other opportunities.    

14 minutes ago, Ricocheting Windrunner said:

"Very well. It will consist of liberation and sabotage and some of the jobs would be very hard except your abilities should give you an advantage. Many of the jobs will be spur of the moment when we hear of possible opportunities and act. You will have to be on call to counteract government operations and other opportunities.    

How much will you pay us?

Just now, ChickenLiberty said:

It would easier to just edit the first post if that is the concern.

Right, but I think that this thread is a little filled with ideas and character development (before the RP started) maybe go in and have people delete their post? maybe I'm obsessing over this too much, but it is kind of annoying to find out what others are through scrolling through the first 3 pages of posts

38 minutes ago, Ricocheting Windrunner said:

"300 gold pieces each for each big job you do at my discretion of the job. i assure you this is as much as we can do for we have limited funds. Hopefully some of the jobs will get more funds to buy your services."  

I guess I'll just assume that it's a decent amount of money, but it won't make us rich.

Liberty nods at this, slowly considering whether to accept the job or not.

"Hmm... money is a good number of it. I will... can do this, but I need the... told what you have us for working with. And against."

Edited by ChickenLiberty