D&D Based RP

Ricocheting Windrunner

The portly man looks up from were he was leaning against the corner of a building. His grins around the fat cigar in his mouth. 

"Ah ha ha, Hats! Just the person I was hoping to see! As a matter of fact there's this one little bounty I've had a fickle with. It's an Allomancer, a Coinshot. He's been scouting out the High Officials manor past few nights. Hasn't come close but we're nervous. Someone hits the big boss I'm in for it ya know?  

"Of course, of course. We wouldn't want anything to happen to the big boss, would we?" I shake my head, smirking. "Well, sounds like the perfect job. Quick and easy, just the way I like'em. With this rebellion on the rise, people think they can send me on these extended missions. The last guy, one crew leader, paid me a bounty to root out a group of rebels hiding in the country. It took me four weeks. Four weeks! There were supposed to be a couple of Allomancers, possibly a twinborn, but turned out my client was full of crem. They were just miscreants, nothing special. Still, I suppose the pay was good. Speaking of which..."

I'll go ahead and collect all the relevant info on the case. Mainly, I just want to know the pay, who the witnesses were who saw the Coinshot, and where I can find them. If there's any other basic info that Grecken knows, I assume I'd get that from him as well.

I'll just paraphrase. I don't have a money system yet so the pay is a moderate amount nothing crazy big but enough to set you up for a while. the witnesses are the guards of the manor house who have caught glimpses of this figure flying around the manor. Grecken says that you can talk to the guards and the various workers and peasents around that area. he gives you the address of the house as well.  

After parting ways with Grecken, I'll go find the guards and ask them for a description of the Coinshot, and where they've been spotted. Afterwards, I'll stake out the manor to look for any advantageous spots with a good view where I can hide overnight. Then, I'll head back to my rooms to await nightfall, and mourn my lack of chouta.

I'll go ahead and wait until some more people get a chance to RP before proceeding further.

5 hours ago, Ricocheting Windrunner said:

Karger is a black market forger who is approached by a person who asks if he will meet with two other feruchemist for a job. Those feruchemist are Gowibble and Chicken Liberty.

So, wait. How did I get to this situation? Did we hire the person to get Karger, are they hiring all three of us, are we his servants, or is it something else? I need a bit more of an explanation of the background for this situation in order to understand what I'm supposed to be doing. Could you PM me if this is stuff the others aren't supposed to know yet?

Also, do @GoWibble and I wait for Karger to come to us before we rp, or is there some other story line going on before then involving us?

Edited by ChickenLiberty

@Feruchemical Skybreaker As you stride down the central lane in your law keeping uniform you attract hostile stares from the populace. The workers and peasants shoot you angry glances though are quick to drop them when you meet their gaze. They make way grudgingly and mutter about dirty lying law keepers. They seem to not realize you are a radiant an d the crowd grows more violent the deeper you go until you start to get shoved and jostled. The crowd seems on the verge of turning into a mob.   

@Ricocheting Windrunner should we make a new thread for this?

After ingesting a coin from his pouch, Wibblo turned to go towards his new employer. Partially filling his metalmind, Wibblo felt like the entire offer would turn out to be anticlimactic. The building was...

someone else (prob Ricochet) describe it!

Edited by GoWibble

@GoWibble The building was a standard inn sturdily built in two stories. The wooden windows were thrown open emitting the light of day to the common room. A sign swung above the door pronouncing the name in bright colors. The inn looked clean and freshly painted. Inside is a large common room with several tables and a bar against the far wall. A bored looking innkeeper is behind the bar rearranging glasses that don't need it. A stairway leads of the room by the bar presumably to the guest rooms above.   

4 minutes ago, Ricocheting Windrunner said:

The building was a standard inn sturdily built in two stories. The wooden windows were thrown open emitting the light of day to the common room. A sign swung above the door pronouncing the name in bright colors. The inn looked clean and freshly painted. Inside is a large common room with several tables and a bar against the far wall. A bored looking innkeeper is behind the bar rearranging glasses that don't need it. A stairway leads of the room by the bar presumably to the guest rooms above.   

May I make my appearance here?

@Ookla the Maybe-Existent, does this work for you?

Pikes maneuvers his way forwards through the crowds clogging the subterranean passageways. He stores Connection as he does so, storing the weak bonds between him and the world around. It adds a bit of challenge to his walk- people don't notice him very well while he's storing, meaning his steps tend to get partially blocked by oblivious passerby. But Pikes has never been one to quit because of challenge, and the extra Connection could prove useful. Besides, he has his colleague with him, clearing a path through the crowds ahead of him. And very effective he is; while hemalurgists must conceal themselves in the overcity, where guards patrol every alley and sidestreet, here they can declare themselves openly. The people of the undercity may have little love for the rebellion, but they do have respect. And, possibly, hope- hope that the oppressive hand they labor under will, someday, be lifted.

@Ookla the Maybe-Existent

1 minute ago, Karger said:

Zaire moved carefully through the crowded walkways.  Why did so many of his contacts have to frequent such places?  He moved up to the inn's door and opened it.  His contact said they would meet here...

The innkeeper turned as soon as you opened the door and smiled a practiced look. It was probably intended to put the customer at ease but was slightly creepy. Few people are in the room at this time of day but you catch a glimpse of a man ducking into the kitchen behind the bar. He catches your eye and winks before pulling the swinging door closed. The barkeeper gives a careful nod. It was your contact.

@Feruchemical Skybreaker You were sent to investigate possible vandalism of a merchants shop. His shop is down this street. 

1 minute ago, Ricocheting Windrunner said:

The innkeeper turned as soon as you opened the door and smiled a practiced look. It was probably intended to put the customer at ease but was slightly creepy. Few people are in the room at this time of day but you catch a glimpse of a man ducking into the kitchen behind the bar. He catches your eye and winks before pulling the swinging door closed. The barkeeper gives a careful nod. It was your contact.

Zaire tapped steal and switched faces(forgeries) when he was done he looked somewhat more overweight.  His wrinkles were gone and he had lost his tan.

Liberty walked down the walkways, gradually making his way to the inn. It took him longer than it should have, but such was the price of storing thought. A full metalmind would be worth the cost. A interesting shop caught his eye, but he forced himself to continue past. Looking forward, he saw that he had reached the inn while he was distracted. His mind's interpretation of time sure was strange.

He opened the door...

@Feruchemical Skybreaker The crowd grows so thick you can no longer move. they are openly hostile and shove and curse you. They know not your objective only they don't want it to happen. Something needs to happen or the crowd looks like it will turn to open violence. 

@Karger The innkeeper blinks looking confused and looks around the common room. Seeing no sign of the person you used to look like he turns back to you as another person enters the inn. "What can I help you two with?" he asks still looking baffled.

@GoWibble As you enter the room you see the innkeeper looking at an overweight man oddly. Then he asks you two what he can help you with.