D&D Based RP

Ricocheting Windrunner

@Feruchemical Skybreaker "Yes I swear by my position as a Skybreaker. Now there is a little rebellion that I became part of. When I told them that I would try to recruit you they thought I was crazy and they couldn't trust you even if you voted to help. So i am sorry but we'll need to stay separate even as we work toward the same goal. So head back to your place and tell the government you are returning to the skybreakers home. Unless..." Jarson suddenly grew excited. "What if you still worked for them but as a double agent? A spy on the inside?" 

@Feruchemical Skybreaker "I knew you would think so! Now lets have a few more drinks tonight. To out past friendship and future city changing!" 

If you say nothing else he drinks with you into the night sharing past stories. In the late wee hours of morning he bids farewell and leaves walking straight despite the amount you two drank. Stormlight sure is nice! 

@xinoehp512 @Coda @GoWibble @Karger @ChickenLiberty "So" Corvus asks after answering Wibblo's question. "Will you accept the mission. Will you show the undercity and unrest the nobles?" 

This is mostly to get things going as none of you have replied for several days. 

On 2/12/2020 at 3:14 PM, Ricocheting Windrunner said:

@xinoehp512 "No we want the undercity to know what we can do and we shall tell them. We want the nobles to not know it was us because we are still to weak to survive a direct investigation. The undercity will band with us while the nobles are looking at each other." Corvus elaborates. 

Pikes sighs inside, but says nothing. Corvus is, as usual, expecting him to deal with the various informants and spies lurking amidst the various sub-residents. As this point, the man probably doesn't even think about it; he just expects it to get done. And, to be fair, it does. Always. Pikes is not one to leave a job for someone else to do just because it's difficult. It's just that before, when he had help...

Pikes shakes his head, banishing the memories from his mind. The past is gone; no use dwelling on it. Letting thoughts like that in can shatter a man if he's not careful, like water freezing in the cracks. Better to push them away, for now. He can deal with them later.

Right now, he has a job to do.

On 09/02/2020 at 11:36 PM, Ricocheting Windrunner said:

Inside the door is a lavish but comfortable sitting room. Their is a fire in the hearth against the west wall (the one to the left) and many couches and chairs are scattered about the room. Windows face the rapidly darkening grounds across the room. Sitting in one of the couches by the fire is a young lady and reclining dressed in a silky full dress. A small table in front holds a teapot and tw tea cups along with small biscuits. The lady ( your intelligence says her name is Samantha Strallear) turns and her face lights up when she sees you standing there. 

"Dear you have returned." her voice was light and articulate. "You must be exhausted. Sit and have some tea. I don't really understand why you had to go make the trade deal with the merchants down in that horrible undercity. Couldn't they have come here?" 

I’m back. Thanks for your understanding :)

One thing Avanti’s most surprised by is the softness. The warm colours, the carpeted ground that makes way as he steps forward toward the woman on a couch. What was her name again? Avanti remembers getting information on her. It wasn’t too important but he’d listened anyway. Samantha. Avanti nods to himself.

The couches, too, even the clothing the lady, Samantha, wears seem so... soft. Gentle on the eyes. Way different from the undercity. Avanti hasn’t known much more than the harsh coldness of the undercity. The icy chill of his spike, aching in his chest. The sharp emotions of fear and the hardness of iron and rock. I haven’t seen this much soft fabric, since... ever.

“If only,” he replies to Samantha, making sure to keep his lightweaving of the noble’s voice. “But... they would be too caught up with this estate, I think, to have any meaningful conversation.” That part is true. Sure, merchants had money, but... this seems like a whole other planet. Avanti sits on the couch and tries to keep himself from staring at Samantha. She feels almost magnetic to him, pulling him closer, keeping him here. Avanti looks outside. It’s way past sunset, but he’s still here. He could leave. He should leave.

“How was your day...” He asks instead, hesitating for a second. “Dear?”

@xinoehp512 @Coda @GoWibble @Karger @ChickenLiberty "Excellent! Now that you've all agreed its up to you to determine your plan of attack. I believe Zaire mentioned forging documents?" 

@Ookla the Maybe-Existent Samantha pours you some tea and passes the cup. As she leans forward you smell jer heavy perfume. "I suppose it was alright though fraught with loneliness in your absence. drink some tea dear your voice is sounding strange. Would you like me to send for the physician? A cold perhaps?" 

@xinoehp512 @Coda @GoWibble @Karger @ChickenLiberty "I can give a few houses that are politically opposed to this house. If you want to talk amongst yourselves and get some sleep I have a few things I need to attend to. I'll send up the names of some houses so you can forge the documents." Corvus nods to you all and steps down the stairs. 

On 17/02/2020 at 11:08 PM, Ricocheting Windrunner said:

Samantha pours you some tea and passes the cup. As she leans forward you smell jer heavy perfume. "I suppose it was alright though fraught with loneliness in your absence. drink some tea dear your voice is sounding strange. Would you like me to send for the physician? A cold perhaps?" 

They can just send for physicians! Avanti thinks, only imagining the power to have a doctor to arrive on command. His wonder of this whole new world is only amplified by the perfume Samantha wears and Avanti smiles genuinely at her, accepting the cup of tea. It’s a little hard to get the lightweaving to work with drinking the tea, but he tries his best. The tea is hot and herbal, and warms him from within. He looks to Samantha.

“Just a little hoarse from yelling. You know how those undercity men never listen.” Avanti sits, almost hypnotised by her, the manor, everything. A brief thought appears and flourishes in his mind — what am I doing? I was supposed to leave by sunset! — but he dismisses it and smiles at Samantha. “You’re looking beautiful tonight.”

Edited by Ookla the Maybe-Existent

@Ookla the Maybe-Existent Samantha gives a light laugh and resumes her seat next to you. "Thank you dear your looking handsome as well. I wondered if you could meet with my father and formally arrange the details of our marriage? Horrid accident that it was delayed like that due to unrest in the streets. I simply can't wait to formally move in and be allowed to enjoy your company through the night hours." 

22 hours ago, Ricocheting Windrunner said:

@Ookla the Maybe-Existent Samantha gives a light laugh and resumes her seat next to you. "Thank you dear your looking handsome as well. I wondered if you could meet with my father and formally arrange the details of our marriage? Horrid accident that it was delayed like that due to unrest in the streets. I simply can't wait to formally move in and be allowed to enjoy your company through the night hours." 

Marriage, Avanti thinks. Company through the night hours. He looks towards Samantha next to him. Poor lady. Ready to be wed, only for her suitor to be taken by the rebellion. But he was a terrible man, Avanti thinks, shaking his head. He was yelling at those workers. And these nobles, they live in luxury while the rest in squalor. As he leans towards Samantha and smells the perfume, he smiles before the cruel reality begins to set in. His smile shifts to a Foran and he steps back harshly, standing up. I have to go, I have to leave. This luxury, the woman, it’s keeping me here.

“I need to leave,” Avanti says, the lightweaving of the nobleman’s voice, suddenly dropping at his stress. He looks towards Samantha. Pretty, but how could Avanti have gotten so distracted from his mission? The rebellion, poking the nobles, saving his sister... and he was here making small talk with a noblewoman.

“I’m so sorry, this is all, I’m going. I have to go.”

@Ookla the Maybe-Existent Samantha leaned back in utter shock as she heard not her lord's voice but the rough voice of a more common person. "But..my lord..what is going on?" She seemed to deliberate for a second and then, "You look like him but you sound different and I thought you were behaving oddly. Guards, Guards!" she screams. Instantly feet begin to rush down the hallway as Samantha turns back to you. "What did you do the real Franklin?"   

Edited by Ricocheting Windrunner

46 minutes ago, Ricocheting Windrunner said:

@Ookla the Maybe-Existent Samantha leaned back in utter shock as she heard not her lord's voice but the rough voice of a more common person. "But..my lord..what is going on?" She seemed to deliberate for a second and then, "You look like him but you sound different and I thought you were behaving oddly. Guards, Guards!" she screams. Instantly feet begin to rush down the hallway as Samantha turns back to you. "What did you do the real Franklin?"   

“I...” Avanti struggles for words, and suddenly the world seems to be crashing down around him. This whole illusion, the manor, the woman and the possibility that Avanti could ever be anything else than a boy on the street. He blinks and steps back. But it’s not my place to settle down here. I have the rebellion, and I’ve been dawdling my thumbs while my sister rots in a cell somewhere.

He turns away from Samantha, those soothing eyes now looking at him in shock, and before anyone bursts into the room he takes a running start and barges through the window.

If he’s not on the first floor then he’ll aim for a tree or something to break his fall.

@Ookla the Maybe-Existent The sitting room was on the second floor but luckily many lords like their rooms to overlook their gardens. There is a tree below you that you mange to use to partially slow your fall. You hit the ground roughly but unhurt. You hear people break into the room above but are concealed under the tree. Guards patrol the wall that circles the garden looking outward into the night. 

@xinoehp512 @Coda @GoWibble @Karger @ChickenLiberty Corvus walks back into the room a while later face grave. "Avanti has not returned and it is well past sunset. We'll have to presume he is captured and move out of this safehouse." he hands Karger a list. "This is the manor houses in opposition to ar target. As much opposition as there is anyway. i have a man outside to lead you to a new safe location where you can pass the night and launch your mission in the morning. I need to stay here to destroy evidence and get people to new places. I'll see you after the mission."  With the look of a man with to many things to do Corvus hurries out of the room. 

• 3 years later...

Hi! I am a big D&D person and I'd love to join if thats okay, but I totally get it if you can't fit me in to the campaign. I won't feel bad or anything, I've DMed before and I totally get it. If you can, could someone fill me in because I don't care enough to go through all the pages and read up myself. Thanks and again, don't feel bad for kicking me out!

Edit: I just saw the timestamp. nvm about that

Edited by TheFrugalWizard