D&D Based RP

Ricocheting Windrunner

@GoWibble That's fair I'm sorry things have been so slow. A lot more people signed up than I thought would so it's taking time to get everyone on the same page.   

@Feruchemical Skybreaker Jarson smiles and leans forward. "All right. The law is supposed to keep chaos down and make life better and more orderly for everyone. this law is not doing that. People are starving in the streets and running out of housing room. The nobles spend all of their time vying for positions in the Departments and the Departments spend time putting money in their pockets instead of fixing the city. That breaks the law itself. the city is ignoring the law and the law won't fully fix it. You spend all of your time chasing down protesters and robbers. How is that what your ideals come to? Now if you join me we can fix the law and make a true better one that will actually help this city." he lists it off like a speech often rehearsed and makes hand gestures as he talks excitedly.   

Pikes makes his way around to the front of the house. He pulls out the key from his belt and lets himself in. 

As he shuts the door behind him, he gives a nod to the one or two others in the front room. "Is Corvus back yet?" he asks. One of the men waves towards the staircase. Pikes nods thankfully and heads up.

As his head clears the top of the ladder, he sees the boss. In some sort of meeting, it looks like, with people Pikes has never seen before. New recruits, perhaps?

He pulls himself up onto the landing and closes the trapdoor behind him, but doesn't say anything. If Corvus wants him to report, he'll say so.

@Ricocheting Windrunner

Railan becomes more and more convinced as he hears Jarson talk, but he's not fully convinced. "Hmm. Well, you certainly make a lot of good points, and I definitely agree that the people running this law are corrupt however as for the law itself it seems fine. Yes, it is somewhat shaky, much more so then I would like, but it is still a law and the only one the people know. We all know that if we take what the people are used to away from them chaos will ensue. So, from what I can tell, for now at least we must stick to this law, there is time for changes in the law once we bring peace and stability to this land."

@xinoehp512 Corvus raps up what he was saying then turns to you. "Ah Pikes your back. Perfect timing as I want to introduce you to these three people. All are Investiture users of some skill who have decided to help the rebellion. One more should be coming tomorrow. Gentlemen this is Pikes one of our best men. Was your mission a success? Did you get the noble without alarm?" 

The three people are @Karger @GoWibble and @Coda as you probably guessed. 

@Feruchemical Skybreaker "If the nobles can not follow the law so easily then there is something wrong with the law. They're so corrupt that they ignore the law and so we can't, shouldn't, defend it. we should throw down this old city and make a new one with a law that actually works and is right enough to make people obey."  

Edited by Ricocheting Windrunner

On 05/02/2020 at 10:08 PM, Ricocheting Windrunner said:

The captain hops out first and the footman assists you out of the carriage. "Welcome home my lord," his voice was the flat carefully respectful voice of a servant. "A fire is lade in your study and your lady is waiting for you to join her for evening tea," The coach men leads the carrige away and the servant steps back respectfully waiting for a response.  

As the carriage opens and reveals the massive manor house, Avanti stares with wide eyes. He looks to the carefully kept grass, such a contrast to the dirt he grew up in. He blinks back into reality and then continues his role. He has to be the nobleman. As the sun dips below the horizon and the clouds light up in ambers and oranges, he remembers his orders. Disappear at sunset. No one will no where the nobleman went. No one will even know that the real nobleman was already taken way before the day ended. But something the footman says grabs his attention, and he makes sure to use his lightweaving voice.

“A... lady?” He asks, trying to keep the surprise out of his voice. He looks to the manor and the grasses. He’s been sent for missions before, but this is the first time he’s been in a rich area, an area with green grass. He hesitates. He wants to hate the nobles, how they live in luxury while others in squalor. But. He looks to the mansion.

“I, Uh,” he takes a moment before clearing his throat and putting on his lightweaved voice. “Well, I can’t just keep her waiting, can I?”

Maybe a little deviation from the plan wouldn’t be too bad...

Context: Avanti is a teenager :P 

"Ok, let's agree that the law is flawed and corrupt, for the sake of argument. The land is in chaos and we need to bring order to that chaos. Now I believe that if we institute a new law, even if it's a good one, that people will revolt. The only option that I can foresee working is to bring stability with this law and then, after order is installed we then can, and should bring a new, better law to this land."

@GoWibble well if you kill Corvus I can promise it won't be boring as there are a lot of people in the rebellion who would not be happy with you. 

@Feruchemical Skybreaker "Well your not going to bring stability how you are. Each time you kill or arrest just makes it easier for the nobles to bring ruin. Now if you do what I do we can overthrow the nobles and bring stability by using the law as it should.Your right this Sector needs stability then we can fix the law to keep the stability."

@Ookla the Maybe-Existent The footman who doubles as a servant nods and leads the way respectfully to the door. There he leads you into an intricately decorated house up stairs and down hallways. at last you reach a door that is very fancy. The servant bows and retreats leaving you to enter at your pleasure.  

On 07/02/2020 at 10:06 PM, Ricocheting Windrunner said:

The footman who doubles as a servant nods and leads the way respectfully to the door. There he leads you into an intricately decorated house up stairs and down hallways. at last you reach a door that is very fancy. The servant bows and retreats leaving you to enter at your pleasure.  

Avanti follows the footman, trying not to outwardly show his marvel at the decorations. This is richness beyond which he’s ever seen. He feels a sour taste as he passes hallways and paintings hung from intricately carved walls. This luxury, at the backs of so many workers. It’s wasteful. But as he reaches a large door and the footman retreats, Avanti is left to his own devices. Behind the door, what will there be?

He feels guilty, but the allure is too strong and he knocks on the fancy door once before entering, still wearing the lightweaving of the noble.

Quick note: I’m going to be off the Shard for a week.

@Ookla the Maybe-Existent Ok I'll go ahead and tell you what's behind the door so I don't forget then you can respond when your back on. 

Inside the door is a lavish but comfortable sitting room. Their is a fire in the hearth against the west wall (the one to the left) and many couches and chairs are scattered about the room. Windows face the rapidly darkening grounds across the room. Sitting in one of the couches by the fire is a young lady and reclining dressed in a silky full dress. A small table in front holds a teapot and tw tea cups along with small biscuits. The lady ( your intelligence says her name is Samantha Strallear) turns and her face lights up when she sees you standing there. 

"Dear you have returned." her voice was light and articulate. "You must be exhausted. Sit and have some tea. I don't really understand why you had to go make the trade deal with the merchants down in that horrible undercity. Couldn't they have come here?" 

On 2/6/2020 at 6:10 PM, Ricocheting Windrunner said:

@xinoehp512 Corvus raps up what he was saying then turns to you. "Ah Pikes your back. Perfect timing as I want to introduce you to these three people. All are Investiture users of some skill who have decided to help the rebellion. One more should be coming tomorrow. Gentlemen this is Pikes one of our best men. Was your mission a success? Did you get the noble without alarm?" 

"Yes," says Pikes simply. "I believe he trusts me, as well."

@Ricocheting Windrunner

@GoWibble @Coda @ChickenLiberty @xinoehp512 @Karger  Corvus nods gleefully. "Yes that should come in handy in the future. Well done Pikes. Now I have a job for the five of you including Liberty and Avanti if he returns in time.

Your job is to absolutely ramsack this lord's manor who has been speaking against the workers of this city. Burn it, kill him, the works. What's more you need to deflect any suspicion from us. I don't know how you would do that possible blame another lord or undercity crew, but make sure it gets done. I want the noble gone, if not dead then somewhere no one can hear him and his property destroyed. This will show to the peasants and workers that the rebellion is serious and show the city what we can do."

Corvus's voice rises as he gives the short speech speaking passionately and viciously against the aristocracy of the city. He gives the location of the manor house on the opposite side of the city from were Avanti is. You are to strike tomorrow stopping at the inn to collect Liberty who will be there from his safe house. How to accomplish this is up to you. 

"I can forge some documents that indicate that this was an attack by a rival house for financial reasons.  It will take me about twelve hours to prepare the papers and I will need some help distributing them to the correct locations."

21 minutes ago, GoWibble said:

"What are we going up against? Will any of them be Investiture users?"

"I don't know for sure but it is very possible there will be along with twenty or so regular guards. The manor is not one of the crazy fortress ones. We're starting out easier forst.I am completely confident that your talents will be more than the possible investiture users.  

On 2/10/2020 at 1:43 PM, Ricocheting Windrunner said:

@GoWibble @Coda @ChickenLiberty @xinoehp512 @Karger  Corvus nods gleefully. "Yes that should come in handy in the future. Well done Pikes. Now I have a job for the five of you including Liberty and Avanti if he returns in time.

Your job is to absolutely ramsack this lord's manor who has been speaking against the workers of this city. Burn it, kill him, the works. What's more you need to deflect any suspicion from us. I don't know how you would do that possible blame another lord or undercity crew, but make sure it gets done. I want the noble gone, if not dead then somewhere no one can hear him and his property destroyed. This will show to the peasants and workers that the rebellion is serious and show the city what we can do."

Corvus's voice rises as he gives the short speech speaking passionately and viciously against the aristocracy of the city. He gives the location of the manor house on the opposite side of the city from were Avanti is. You are to strike tomorrow stopping at the inn to collect Liberty who will be there from his safe house. How to accomplish this is up to you. 

Pikes frowns. Something about this doesn't make sense. "Why are we deflecting the suspicion from us if we want everyone to know what we can do?"

@xinoehp512 "No we want the undercity to know what we can do and we shall tell them. We want the nobles to not know it was us because we are still to weak to survive a direct investigation. The undercity will band with us while the nobles are looking at each other." Corvus elaborates. 

@Feruchemical Skybreaker "Agreeing to disagree isn't enough! I was trying to tell you gently but I need your help. I used to work as a bodyguard for the Governor and I heard he is planning something to "put these peasants into hand and get this city for the rich". Considering everything the government already this can't be good. I quit and decided to do something. The law is not good and the people who make it even worse. So whatever they plan now I plan to do something.about it first. But i need your help. Two skybreakers can persuade the rest of them. I believe Nale has revealed to me a special mission. Now will you help?"