D&D Based RP

Ricocheting Windrunner

So I think this would be really cool if it could work. 

People would become characters and use their display names. Then i would run the party through an adventure acting as DM just quoting and posting whenever available. We would be using inverted rules called Dungeons and Drafts were you don't have a character sheet and no dice except a d20 on my end. I base the effects on if the action is remotely possible and a few rolls there and then. No classes either just let me know the general type of character you would want to play and equipment. I don't know if anyone will be interested but let me know if you want to play and we'll see what happens.

Spoiler

Feruchemical Skybreaker Surge: Gravitation Metal Mind: Iron

Karger: Zaire steelrunner and forger

GoWibble: Wibblo steelrunner and coinshot   

ILuvHats: Hats hazekiller

Chicken Liberty: Liberty A: electrum F: Zinc

Xenioph512: Pikes hemalurgist

Ookla the Maybe Existent: Hemalurgist

Coda: Forger and bloodsealer

Edited by Ricocheting Windrunner

@Ark1002 If you don't like this version you don't have to play or you could try it and if you don't like it you can always quite. 

@Karger The setting I have planned is a rebellion highers you to help overthrow government then the government asks you for help stopping said rebellion. What happens after is up to you 

@Feruchemical Skybreaker Yes cosmere characters are available though I might imply certain nerfs to keep them from being overpowered. 

@GoWibble thanks for the advice! I believe I have time but if I'm never not responding keep in mind I might be sleeping. :)  

Just now, Ricocheting Windrunner said:

@Karger The setting I have planned is a rebellion highers you to help overthrow government then the government asks you for help stopping said rebellion. What happens after 

Broader setting?  World, types of characters?

Just now, Karger said:

Broader setting?  World, types of characters?

Oh sorry. 

Takes place in a world I invented where multiple types of investiture have been collected producing mistings, radiants, feruchemist, and forgers on one planet. The planet has several different areas of government called sectors and each sector is constantly competing to become the world dominate sector. Your characters could be one of the listed inversture people or (if you wish) a normal soldier or such. Each government is (depending on the sector) normally a council were different members rule different areas of running a city. The most important one called the Manager oversees all of this and does the collaboration between each department. Technology is mostly at minimal like in Mistborn era 1 and each Inversture type keeps there tools necessary for there work hidden. (Ex. Radiants keep spears within their group, forgers keep soulstone hidden etc.) 

that's everything I can pull out of my head right now. Any more questions feel free to ask. 

5 minutes ago, Feruchemical Skybreaker said:

Ok, nice i'll be a Feruchemist and A Skybreaker.

Or just a Skybreaker if I can't be both. 

I'll let you be both i you choose one surge for skybreaker and one metal for feruchemist

And warning this might involve more talking and role playing then fighting. 

I'd be down to try it. I don't have the best track record keeping with RPGs, but maybe this'll be the one that gets me hooked. Especially because the rules seem simple. 

@Ricocheting Windrunner I've got a few questions. 

How are you going to maintain a reasonable power level for the characters? Are you going to provide a list of classes/types of characters we can be, or do we just choose and you decide if it seems reasonable?

Also, will everybody be participating in the same party like normal DnD? Or will it be split into teams/multiple parties?

7 minutes ago, Ricocheting Windrunner said:

I want this to be relatively free and open without a lot of complicated rules so you choose your character and I decide if it's reasonable. And everybody will be in same party unless you choose to split the party.

How many people could I forge personalities of assuming I wanted at least one other form of investiture?

Just now, Karger said:

How many people could I forge personalities of assuming I wanted at least one other form of investiture?

I'm kinda confused what you mean could you please elaborate? Are you asking what your forging abilities would be if you also had another form of investiture?

Like all forgeries you can forge abjects to be something else fairly easily if you know the history. Forging a person is harder and takes serious study so you only have one or two essence marks depending on what your other investiture is. You would not be able to forge some else's soul. 

4 minutes ago, Ricocheting Windrunner said:

Like all forgeries you can forge abjects to be something else fairly easily if you know the history. Forging a person is harder and takes serious study so you only have one or two essence marks depending on what your other investiture is. You would not be able to forge some else's soul. 

My own soul assuming I was a stealrunner. 

On 1/24/2020 at 3:48 PM, Ricocheting Windrunner said:

If your asking if you can forge your own soul while being a stealrunner then yes though not to great complexity. One or two personalities that are close in some way to your original character makeup. 

OK then.

Investitures- Stealrunner, Forager

Forged Personalities- Scientist specifically interested in mathematics and astronomy with some lessor understanding of physics and chemistry.  Secondary exotic goods trader.  Specifically interested in stonework and metalwork.

Weapoon- Forged Katana the only weapon that works at stealrunner speeds.  It also looks impressive to collectors and implies a much more impressive background.  

Inventory- Various forged and legitimate goods.  Several forged faces for anonymity.  Metalminds(steal).  Books to pass the time.  Several scientific instruments.  Pen and paper for the scientist persona.

Real personality.  More scientifically then artistically bent.  Prefers calculable measurements to make soulstaps that some might regard as slightly crude as compared to the more complex art that someone like Shai uses.  Great head for details and has a love of collection and travel.

Edited by Karger