Star Wars The Clone Wars Final Season

On 3/20/2020 at 7:00 PM, Karger said:

AHSOKA IS BACK AND SHE IS AWESOME!

Seriously?  No one else is exited about this?

Eh. Not really. The episode she debuted in wasn't really my favorite type. I prefer

Spoiler

the shooty-shooty bangy-bangy types of episodes, to be honest. I don't really like the awkward social type that much.

14 hours ago, Nameless said:

Eh. Not really. The episode she debuted in wasn't really my favorite type. I prefer

Hide contents

the shooty-shooty bangy-bangy types of episodes, to be honest. I don't really like the awkward social type that much.

I don't think the problem is that there isn't enough action. I actually like the idea of a character driven story. My problem is that there is too much emphasis being put on two characters who I don't really care about. The story so far doesn't really feel like it's about Ahsoka, which is weird because the last time we saw her she left the Jedi order! Her emotions should be all over the place now, but it's not being explored like it should. 

On 3/20/2020 at 5:00 PM, Karger said:

AHSOKA IS BACK AND SHE IS AWESOME!

Seriously?  No one else is exited about this?

Oh, I am incredibly hyped.

7 hours ago, not an Evil Librarian said:

I don't think the problem is that there isn't enough action. I actually like the idea of a character driven story. My problem is that there is too much emphasis being put on two characters who I don't really care about. The story so far doesn't really feel like it's about Ahsoka, which is weird because the last time we saw her she left the Jedi order! Her emotions should be all over the place now, but it's not being explored like it should. 

As someone who’s actually really enjoyed the last two episodes, I think the slower, more character driven stories are exactly what the Clone Wars needed. Sure, we’re getting two new characters that Ahsoka has to share the spotlight with, but I’m very glad we’re having them be developed alongside her—instead of the flat ninja-turtle cardboard cutouts that were the Bad Batch.

For me, this is where the real end of The Clone Wars begins. We got some stuff with Anakin and Rex that was good wrap up for previous stuff, with a little bit of buildup to the end, but I never felt like the Bad Batch arc had any real bearing on the ending. With this arc, I can see the pieces of the end falling into place—the Pyke Syndicate has a connection to Maul’s Shadow Collective, for instance—and with the slower buildup it’s creating, I think we will be absolutely blown away by the end of the season.

8 hours ago, not an Evil Librarian said:

She seems pretty repressed and standoffish.  She is completely out of her element and social context.  I think this is a normal part of her development.  I personally am glad we have some new characters.  Otherwise realistically we would have to watch Ahsoka mope around by herself for at least a couple of episodes.  What is driving her out of her shell is the fact that other people need her.

This final season is pretty boring so far. I had watched Ep 1 not long after airing then just let some build up. I liked new clones but the arc went on to long. 1st Ashoka Ep....YAWN. 2nd Ep was probably the only Ep of the season I have like liked.

Watched eps 2-6 over Tuesday and Wednesday.

4 hours ago, Briar King said:

This final season is pretty boring so far. I had watched Ep 1 not long after airing then just let some build up. I liked new clones but the arc went on to long. 1st Ashoka Ep....YAWN. 2nd Ep was probably the only Ep of the season I have like liked.

I wouldn't say that I have been bored, but I do feel like it is missing some of the awesomeness a final season needs to have. Especially since Steven Universe knocked its final season out of the ball park. Granted, it too had its slower episodes, but there was a definite sense of finality that I feel like Clone Wars is missing. I mean, if I didn't know that this was the final season, I would have guessed we had more coming simply from the pace. I'm hoping the last arc brings the epicness I so desire. 

6 hours ago, Briar King said:

We are only really two episodes in.  The first four were just refinished unfinished episodes that never aired but were available on the star wars website with unfinished animation.

1 hour ago, Snakenaps said:

I wouldn't say that I have been bored, but I do feel like it is missing some of the awesomeness a final season needs to have. Especially since Steven Universe knocked its final season out of the ball park. Granted, it too had its slower episodes, but there was a definite sense of finality that I feel like Clone Wars is missing. I mean, if I didn't know that this was the final season, I would have guessed we had more coming simply from the pace. I'm hoping the last arc brings the epicness I so desire. 

Yep. I was expecting balls to the wall and imo it’s been anything but that. The shiny new graphics upgrade only takes it so far. Idk I was just expecting more...

5 hours ago, Jaywalk said:

I see a lot of complaints about how this arc has gone down, but I personally loved it. The animation is beautiful, the characters are interesting, and the action is great. That’s my opinion, anyway.

Thoughts on the newest episode?

I liked it. 

As far as criticism, it's pretty much boils down to the pacing. And though I agree, it is a very Clone Wars characteristic so, in a sense, you're complaining about the Clone Wars being Clone Wars.

13 hours ago, Orlion the Platypus said:

I liked it. 

As far as criticism, it's pretty much boils down to the pacing. And though I agree, it is a very Clone Wars characteristic so, in a sense, you're complaining about the Clone Wars being Clone Wars.

That’s a good way to put it.

I'm honestly not a fan of this arc. I absolutely love Ashoka, but the new characters are frankly unlikable and dumb. Trace acts like a street-wise hyper competent pilot, but is in reality as sub par pilot who flies into restricted airspace and dumps a spice shipment into hyperspace for no reason whatsoever.

Rafa is even worse in my opinion. At least Trace tries to be a good person, but Rafa is constantly spouting that "family has to stick together. Only sisters can trust each-other" as if her relationship with trace is anything other than parasitical. She relies on her younger sister to pay off her debt and regularly gets Trace into trouble, yet she still has the audacity to act like the smarter and more mature older sibling. On top of that, she never gets called out on it (except for one line by Ashoka). 

Just about every conflict in this arc is a direct result of one or both of the sister's incompetence, and it feels like Ashoka is just babysitting them most of the time. Obviously, it's The Clone Wars, and It's still good, but the slower pacing along with the annoying characters drags this arc down, especially since this is the final season which will only contain twelve episodes. It just feels like wasted space, even if it isn't bad. 

6 minutes ago, Karger said:

What really amazes me is that we still have another three episodes!

Honestly, with the incredible opening sequence, I can only assume that this was intended to be a second Clone Wars Feature film at some point. And I intend to watch it that way when it's all finished.

4 minutes ago, Wyndlerunner said:

Honestly, with the incredible opening sequence, I can only assume that this was intended to be a second Clone Wars Feature film at some point. And I intend to watch it that way when it's all finished.

Such a Skywalker move.  Also proof of the advantages of human troops over droids and some excellent foreshadowing.

Edited by Karger