Star Wars The Clone Wars Final Season

• 5 weeks later...

I am personally so excited for this last season. I have loved the writing of The Clone Wars since the series first came out. It really fleshed out the worlds, characters, and worldbuilding for me. When I think of Star Wars, I always picture this beautiful animated series before the movies. For me, this is Star Wars. The Bad Batch started out strong and it felt like there had been no hop since the series halted at season 6 (except for animation, of course!). Hearing Dee Bradley Baker voicing the clones - especially Rex - just like old times gave me shivers down my spine! 

Still the best Star Wars content around. This episode was awesome! I'm not sure I like the Bad Batch as much as people anymore (they oscillate too much between respecting Rex and the standard troopers and being prejudiced against them/demeaning them), but I love them as characters! Obi-Wan's quip to Anakin is so revealing and such a joy. I'm almost mad I have to wait week-to-week for these episodes.

I think the main reason Obi-Wan doesn’t either directly confront Anakin about it or take it to the Jedi Council is because of Satine. They clearly had feelings for each other, and exposing Anakin and Padme would be hypocritical.

3 hours ago, Jaywalk said:

I think the main reason Obi-Wan doesn’t either directly confront Anakin about it or take it to the Jedi Council is because of Satine. They clearly had feelings for each other, and exposing Anakin and Padme would be hypocritical.

Good guy Obi-Wan. Also, as much as I love Ewan McGregor, Dang is it good to hear James Arnold Taylor's Obi-Wan again.

14 hours ago, Jaywalk said:

He is also trying to be a good friend and a perfect Jedi at the same time.  So he thinks about it as little as possible or tries to rationalize.

I agree, it was over a little quick. I also wish we would have gotten more characters moments in the episode, but the action was great, and I’m excited to see what the finale of the arc holds.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the later episodes are a bit longer—it is wrapping up a seven season show, after all. And if we get some extra scenes as the show lines up with Revenge of the Sith, I could see that extending the length of it too. Regardless of the length, however, I’m sure the Siege of Mandalore will be awesome.

17 hours ago, Jaywalk said:

I agree, it was over a little quick. I also wish we would have gotten more characters moments in the episode, but the action was great, and I’m excited to see what the finale of the arc holds.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the later episodes are a bit longer—it is wrapping up a seven season show, after all. And if we get some extra scenes as the show lines up with Revenge of the Sith, I could see that extending the length of it too. Regardless of the length, however, I’m sure the Siege of Mandalore will be awesome.

Is it weird that I don't want the Siege of Mandalore yet? I really want all of the cut and unfinished stuff first before the Siege, because having TCW back just feels so storming good. I don't want this journey to end (and if someone quotes Endgame at me I swear to the Almighty I will throw a rusting mushroom at you). 

On 3/7/2020 at 11:46 AM, Use the Falchion said:

Is it weird that I don't want the Siege of Mandalore yet? I really want all of the cut and unfinished stuff first before the Siege, because having TCW back just feels so storming good. I don't want this journey to end (and if someone quotes Endgame at me I swear to the Almighty I will throw a rusting mushroom at you). 

I could easily take another season or two. There's just so much they could cover.