D&D homebrew content feedback and art?

Hi, I am new to the 17th shard, and it was recommended by a friend when I asked for a good place to ask for feedback on my homebrew content. I have never done anything like this, so please excuse any mistakes I may make. this is a creature that desperately needs playtesting and some serious nerfing, as it is OP! any artwork would be welcome, as would any possible lore, and anything else! thank you!

Description

The voltaic snapper resembles an alligator with an iguana-like head. It has scales that range in color from olive green to light brown. It has two horns, one behind each eye, that have  concentrated silver deposits in them, and more deposits in the armor plating all over its body with small bolts of electricity arcing all over it. It has a long, whip-like tail with a sharp, pronged protrusion like a sharpened tuning fork at the end, and you can often see small amounts of electricity arcing between the prongs, and the tailspike has higher concentrated silver deposits than those in the rest of the body, and is prized by poachers and monster hunters alike because of its high value on the market, that it counts as a silvered weapon, and that it retains its ability to conduct and produce harmful levels of electricity. The eggshells are highly prized on the black market because the insides are lined with silver. The body is covered in a conductive mucus that is used to shock and restrain its prey. These feared beasts found dwelling on the edge of swamps and grasslands are often coveted and sometimes tamed and kept by Blue and Brass dragons as pets and guard dogs, and are used to cover their layers in their conductive mucus, slowing enemies, and often leading to their mass electrocution and death, and in return, the dragons feed the creatures silver from their hoard. The voltaic snappers own homes are often found in burrows or small caves, and are covered in the mucus. When you approach this creature or its home, your hairs will stand on end, and the air will have a faint smell of ozone. This creature is often found near large deposits of silver, eating the metal to retain its conductive nature, making it a feared menace near silver mines.

Screenshot 2020-01-21 at 1.41.06 PM.png

hey guys, I understand playtesting is difficult, and I forgot to mention something earlier, when this creature is completely finished, You guys have full permission to use this critter in your campaigns and oneshots, as its stats will be posted on dnd beyond (as long as you give me a shoutout for making the creature in your campaign!!), and today I will be posting a magic item that I have created that is related to this creature! Please, have fun, thank you for helping me, vote me up for good luck, and keep on adventuring!!

Screenshot 2020-01-22 at 1.28.02 PM.png

• 10 months later...
On 1/21/2020 at 2:46 PM, Aragorn the Wyrmspeaker said:

Hi, I am new to the 17th shard, and it was recommended by a friend when I asked for a good place to ask for feedback on my homebrew content. I have never done anything like this, so please excuse any mistakes I may make. this is a creature that desperately needs playtesting and some serious nerfing, as it is OP! any artwork would be welcome, as would any possible lore, and anything else! thank you!

Description

The voltaic snapper resembles an alligator with an iguana-like head. It has scales that range in color from olive green to light brown. It has two horns, one behind each eye, that have  concentrated silver deposits in them, and more deposits in the armor plating all over its body with small bolts of electricity arcing all over it. It has a long, whip-like tail with a sharp, pronged protrusion like a sharpened tuning fork at the end, and you can often see small amounts of electricity arcing between the prongs, and the tailspike has higher concentrated silver deposits than those in the rest of the body, and is prized by poachers and monster hunters alike because of its high value on the market, that it counts as a silvered weapon, and that it retains its ability to conduct and produce harmful levels of electricity. The eggshells are highly prized on the black market because the insides are lined with silver. The body is covered in a conductive mucus that is used to shock and restrain its prey. These feared beasts found dwelling on the edge of swamps and grasslands are often coveted and sometimes tamed and kept by Blue and Brass dragons as pets and guard dogs, and are used to cover their layers in their conductive mucus, slowing enemies, and often leading to their mass electrocution and death, and in return, the dragons feed the creatures silver from their hoard. The voltaic snappers own homes are often found in burrows or small caves, and are covered in the mucus. When you approach this creature or its home, your hairs will stand on end, and the air will have a faint smell of ozone. This creature is often found near large deposits of silver, eating the metal to retain its conductive nature, making it a feared menace near silver mines.

Screenshot 2020-01-21 at 1.41.06 PM.png

Hey man, I don't have a group to DM, but I took a look at this and it looks pretty cool, so I thought I'd pitch in my thoughts. I don't think that it needs to be nerfed too hard, if you just take the damage for the conductive mucus effect down so that you don't kill all the wizards and make succeeding the spit mucus saving throw prevent being covered in mucus, this looks to me like a really cool creature for some higher level characters and/or a large group. You could have an encounter by a river where the creature's electric powers are killing off things, or even not nerf it at all and use it as a sub-boss in some spooky cave covered in conductive mucus. As for lore, perhaps you could have some type of Moria deal where mining dwarves uncovered an ancient lake where this creature lives, or maybe some innocent magical creature was twisted by dark magic and is now a terror. There's definitely other applications, but those are some thoughts

Edited by Tanavast_the_lesser
I spelled wrong, sorry about that