Intro

Hi, I'm new here. I am relatively new to the cosmere, and I am interested in making my own magic systems and homebrewing content for D&D, and would like some outside feedback and possibly even some help playtesting. I have read the first mistborn trilogy and am currently reading the stormlight archives series. I have a magic system in the works, or at least a skeleton of it, and I am constantly homebrewing more stuff for D&D, and need advice. any people willing to help, please do, because to be honest, I need all of the help I can get. I look forward to meeting and getting to know you and the cosmere, and hope that you will welcome me, thank you. As a trial, I will post one of my newest D&D homebrew creatures, and will ask for feedback, and playtesting. in return, I will allow you to use the creature in any campaigns you make as long as you give me credit for making the creature. thank you for reading, and I look forward to time together with the community on the 17th shard. also, any homebrew content will be available on D&D beyond when they are finished.

Description

The voltaic snapper resembles an alligator with an iguana-like head. It has scales that range in color from olive green to light brown. It has two horns, one behind each eye, that have  concentrated silver deposits in them, and more deposits in the armor plating all over its body with small bolts of electricity arcing all over it. It has a long, whip-like tail with a sharp, pronged protrusion like a sharpened tuning fork at the end, and you can often see small amounts of electricity arcing between the prongs, and the tailspike has higher concentrated silver deposits than those in the rest of the body, and is prized by poachers and monster hunters alike because of its high value on the market, that it counts as a silvered weapon, and that it retains its ability to conduct and produce harmful levels of electricity. The eggshells are highly prized on the black market because the insides are lined with silver. The body is covered in a conductive mucus that is used to shock and restrain its prey. These feared beasts found dwelling on the edge of swamps and grasslands are often coveted and sometimes tamed and kept by Blue and Brass dragons as pets and guard dogs, and are used to cover their layers in their conductive mucus, slowing enemies, and often leading to their mass electrocution and death, and in return, the dragons feed the creatures silver from their hoard. The voltaic snappers own homes are often found in burrows or small caves, and are covered in the mucus. When you approach this creature or its home, your hairs will stand on end, and the air will have a faint smell of ozone. This creature is often found near large deposits of silver, eating the metal to retain its conductive nature, making it a feared menace near silver mines.

Screenshot 2020-01-21 at 1.41.06 PM.png

Edited by Aragorn the Wyrmspeaker
need to attach content

Welcome.  You should probably post the latter half of this in the creator's corner sub thread.  Care to tell us more about yourself?  Favorite metal from mistborn?  How far along you are in SA?  What cosmere book you want to read next?

Edited by Karger

to answer your questions, I am reading the second SA book, and If I had to be any misting, I would probably be a coinshot, because I love the idea of being able to "fly", and, of course, the possibilities for self defence. also, I am new to doing something like this, as my parents do not let me have social media, and May need some help figuring this out, and I joined because the website was recommended by a friend of mine. and, to be honest, there are so many series on my to-read list that I cannot remember all of the different series. however, I will look into it, and I am open to recommendations. I have also read the reckoners series, but I did not say that at first because it is not a cosmere series. as for information about my self, that may have to wait, as I am hesitant about putting any info about myself online.

Hello there, @Aragorn the Wyrmspeaker! Welcome to the Shard!

As @Mushroom Catalog & @GoWibblepointed out, it looks like you accidentally double-posted this :D actually you probably should move this to Creator's Corner like @Karger suggested, or perhaps the RP forums. You'll get a wider audience there. I can ask for it to be moved, if you'd like me to 

Just now, Aragorn the Wyrmspeaker said:

I already posted there, but thanks for the offer! i really appreciate it

You can post twice in response to someone else just don't post two times in a row.  Edit your first post instead.