Unrevealed spren looks

Ciridae

So we will be getting pictures of all the radiant spren with the next book, with the exception of the three super-spren. We’ve seen most radiant spren in the PR, but I was wondering what everybody expects/hopes the stoneward spren to look like. We know they look like people with glowing cracks through their skin in the CR. Personally I think in the PR they could be cracks that form on a surface as they move, with the same magma-glow shining through. Could be similar to how cultivationspren grow as a vine that disintegrates after them, they could be cracks that open and close as they move.

Same thing for the Sibling, we might not get to see them next book, but I’m sure everyone has some vague mental image in their head. Both the Stormfather and Nightwatcher seem to have regular human elements, I think it would be cool if the Sibling was somehow part singer. Or maybe something more abstract, I really liked the way Ashertmarn looked. A lot of people theorize that the Sibling is connected to stones or mountains, so maybe they embody that as well somehow. 

I made a similar thread about the Nightwatcher before OB came out and it was really fun to read, I’m really curious how everyone pictures the Sibling. 

Edited by Ciridae

19 minutes ago, Ciridae said:

So we will be getting pictures of all the radiant spren with the next book, with the exception of the three super-spren. We’ve seen most radiant spren in the PR, but I was wondering what everybody expects/hopes the stoneward spren to look like. We know they look like people with glowing cracks through their skin in the CR. Personally I think in the PR they could be cracks that form on a surface as they move, with the same magma-glow shining through. Could be similar to how cultivationspren grow as a vine that disintegrates after them, they could be cracks that open and close as they move.

Stonewards, Windrunners, and bondsmiths are all somewhat similar(they all get the flash of light power up) so I personally think that they will be like Syl and just look like small versions of themselves on the PR side.  Alternatively you can only see the cracks so you have this cool outline magma outline that looks vaguely like a person.

I'm personally more curious about what Highspren look like in the CR. Like, in the physical like look like a crack in reality with eyes looking through. Do they just poke their head through, like Cryptics? So then what would their bodies look like? Or maybe those aren't their heads, and the 'eyes' are something else entirely.

And, of course, I'm very interesting to get a better look at an Unmade in the CR. Like all we've seen on that front so far is Ashertmarn's gargantuan fingers. What does the rest of him look like? What do the others look like?

20 minutes ago, Gilphon said:

And, of course, I'm very interesting to get a better look at an Unmade in the CR. Like all we've seen on that front so far is Ashertmarn's gargantuan fingers. What does the rest of him look like? What do the others look like?

And Blightwind which looks like smoke and the thrill which looks like a red mist.

20 minutes ago, Gilphon said:

I'm personally more curious about what Highspren look like in the CR. Like, in the physical like look like a crack in reality with eyes looking through. Do they just poke their head through, like Cryptics? So then what would their bodies look like? Or maybe those aren't their heads, and the 'eyes' are something else entirely.

Hm.  Also Truthwatcher spren look like rainbows.  What are they on the CR side?

Edited by Karger

Has anyone noticed that so fall all of the spren to the left of Truthwatchers are always visible?  And so far, the two that we are sure of, to the right of TW are invisible.

Pattern remains a visible shape.

Ivory can shrink/grow 

Xxx remains a comet that has to hide

Wendle and Syl are invisible except for Wendle's residue dust.

Or has this already been discussed ad nauseum elsewhere? :D

Edited by TheWadehart

• Chaos locked this topic