Another hopeless Sanderson fan

Truthwatch3r

Hi all!

My brother wanted me to start listening to the Revolutions podcast but somewhere in the process of looking that up I stumbled across the Shardcast; I have yet to learn a thing about revolutions, but I'm putting a lot more of the cosmere together than I had realized before. Thanks :-)

Looking forward to digging in to this site as I finish Mistborn, reread Oathbringer, start on Elantris, etc!

@The traveller Hmmmm perhaps Sazed right now, though I'm only just nearing the end of WoA and I understand there's a lot more that will happen with him... I also really like Vivenna's toughness, and the scene with Hoid and Shallan telling The Girl who Looked Up always melts my heart, Hah too many to choose just one!

Edited by Truthwatch3r

@Honorless lol besides Moash? I was about to say Taravangian wins hands down, but then again Sadeas' arrogance really irritates me even more than Taravangian's twisted logic in justifying himself. One thing I've noticed about Mistborn is that Brandon didn't really write many straight-out villains for us to hate (though I do count Straff so far)

3 hours ago, Truthwatch3r said:

@Honorless lol besides Moash? I was about to say Taravangian wins hands down, but then again Sadeas' arrogance really irritates me even more than Taravangian's twisted logic in justifying himself. One thing I've noticed about Mistborn is that Brandon didn't really write many straight-out villains for us to hate (though I do count Straff so far)

I could not agree with you on each of these !! Moash is really on a very very bad downward spiral right now! And Taravangian!! Thank you for saying taravangian!! I agree with you totally. You would be surprised but not many hate him!! 
straff is certainly the most clear villain villain character in cosmere! He had nothing redeemable about him in my eyes! How good a person must his wife be, to have Straff get a fine son like Elend!! 

41 minutes ago, Truthwatch3r said:

@The traveller huh. I am really surprised to hear that not many people hate Taravangian!

Lol.. I even made a thread specifically dedicated to how people do not hate him enough! Check it out some time. 

42 minutes ago, Truthwatch3r said:

@The travellerGood point about Elend's mother.. according to coppermind I guess we never do learn anything about her :-\

I know! Was she even alive during the events of era 1? 

10 hours ago, The traveller said:

Lol.. I even made a thread specifically dedicated to how people do not hate him enough! Check it out some time. 

Awesome! I will!

10 hours ago, The traveller said:

I know! Was she even alive during the events of era 1?

Not that I can recall from books 1&2. Now I want to go back through and see if Elend mentions her, but that's not going to happen until I finish HoA

2 hours ago, Truthwatch3r said:

Awesome! I will!

Not that I can recall from books 1&2. Now I want to go back through and see if Elend mentions her, but that's not going to happen until I finish HoA

Lol.. that is so weird. As far as I can remember there is no mention of her being alive or dead but I think she is dead because when at the end of TFE they are emptying the straff villa, they seemed to live alone father and son! Right?

4 hours ago, The traveller said:

Lol.. that is so weird. As far as I can remember there is no mention of her being alive or dead but I think she is dead because when at the end of TFE they are emptying the straff villa, they seemed to live alone father and son! Right?

Yeah she's definitely not around at that point...

Just went and checked out the thread on Taravangian. Wow, that was really good- brought up quite a few points I hadn't ever thought about

Edited by Truthwatch3r

4 hours ago, Truthwatch3r said:

Just went and checked out the thread on Taravangian. Wow, that was really good-

Feel free to comment and share your opinion. brought up quite a few points I hadn't ever thought about

brought up quite a few points I hadn't ever thought about

Oh no... In favour of Taravangian? 

13 hours ago, The Traveller said:

Oh no... In favour of Taravangian? 

Lol I still hate him, but I hadn't ever put together the possibility of Cultivation manipulating both him and Dalinar and using T as a plant in Odium's camp. And *shudder* I'm so glad it didn't end up being Renarin who wrote the Diagram!

23 hours ago, Truthwatch3r said:

Lol I still hate him, but I hadn't ever put together the possibility of Cultivation manipulating both him and Dalinar and using T as a plant in Odium's camp. And *shudder* I'm so glad it didn't end up being Renarin who wrote the Diagram!

Yea T is most definitely a plant of cultivation lol.. but I want to in it how much of this does odium know! 
He obviously knew that cultivation had tinkered with Dalinar but still decided to take his chances. 
So I am worried that he is going to be extra cautious with T!! And things may not turn out exactly how Cultivation hopes they would. 
Oh yes I am very glad that Renarin has been given some other storyline because I don’t see him making this diagram and trying to kill every ruler in order to become the one ultimate ruler!