Invocation

Harmony and Nightblood

Question

This thought is...vaguely horrifying, but it needs to be asked. Can Harmony use the Connection that Nightblood's chunk of Ruinous Investiture to supercharge the sword? Or could he reach out and chuck Investiture into him like he's just the cosmere's magical garbage disposal?

5 answers to this question

Harmony has trouble doing much of anything.  However I see no reason why he could not do what Vin did to Elend and fuel him through their connection.  I am not sure this is would "Supercharge" Nightblood but it would make him more usable and more powerful.

Now the question is can he do the opposite. Can he reach out and rip away the Ruinous Investiture and strip him of any connection to Ruin. 

5 minutes ago, Dancer said:

Now the question is can he do the opposite. Can he reach out and rip away the Ruinous Investiture and strip him of any connection to Ruin. 

I don't think he'd want to do that even if he could. Nightblood can be useful.

1 hour ago, Dancer said:

is there any evidence that nightblood has any partciular connection to Ruin?  I mean he was made using Breaths, which is investiture coming from Endowment, and more recently has been on Roshar feeding on stormlight which comes from Honor (and maybe cultivation too?  i was never clear on that)

9 minutes ago, Dunkum said:

is there any evidence that nightblood has any partciular connection to Ruin?  I mean he was made using Breaths, which is investiture coming from Endowment, and more recently has been on Roshar feeding on stormlight which comes from Honor (and maybe cultivation too?  i was never clear on that)

Walin

Does Nightblood contain any of Ruin's Investiture? Like, not atium, but...

Brandon Sanderson

Yes, technically; and I'm not wiggling around that, because technically, location in the Cosmere and who belongs to what gets really weird, right? Because Ruin's Investiture is everywhere--but I'm not talking that way. I'm talking the way you actually mean it. 

Legion Release Party (Sept. 19, 2018)

Yep! Walin got this WOB after a while of people trying to confirmation on that from the theories.