What nathis looks like in the cognitive realm

Koloss17

It's called the Expanse of Vibrance, so I guess it's very colorful. Which makes sense, considering the importance of colors in Nalthian cultures. Nothing else about it as of now, although there's some ideas, like these:

Tyetnic

As another note, I think it's cool that the Cognitive Realm on different planets have similarities, but different styles, like the beads on Roshar vs the Mist on Scadrial. I assume all worlds have something related to this. (?)

I'm reading (listening to) Warbreaker currently, and I'm curious as to what the Cognitive Realm on Nalthis looks like. I imagine a neutral gray wasteland to represent nonliving matter (metal/rocks) and glowing clouds of color to represent people--glowing more powerfully if they have more breaths, no color if they are a drab--and less colorful more solid structures for once-living-matter. Similar situation with the whole "water is land, land is whatever the storm the planet wants".

Brandon Sanderson

You'll eventually figure out what Shadesmar looks like on Nalthis.

elendeldailyplanet

Are there any big plans for the world of Warbreaker beyond the sequel? Or would that be a RAFO (equally exciting)?

Brandon Sanderson

That's a RAFO.

General Reddit 2016 (Aug. 15, 2016)

Brandon saying we'll "figure it out" might also mean that it will play a role in the sequel, but who knows.

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Draginon said:

It would be hilarious if it was devoid of any color

'Expanse of Vibrance', remember?

It's definitely colourful. Might have solid-liquid inversion like most other subastrals. People might have a stronger internal glow due to Breaths, minus the drabs, of course. Probably has some permanent structures since it apparently has a check-in

14 hours ago, Honorless said:

'Expanse of Vibrance', remember?

It's definitely colourful. Might have solid-liquid inversion like most other subastrals. People might have a stronger internal glow due to Breaths, minus the drabs, of course. Probably has some permanent structures since it apparently has a check-in

Well "Vibrance could mean full of energy and enthusiasm. Or it could mean quivering; pulsating. (both google definitions) 

Personally I think it'd be funny if it was just a normal place that was "quivering" or "pulsating" just everything that had color was just vibrating like mad.

There is a quirk of Shadesmar (Rosharan regions) that always caught my attention, and I expect it to take a more central role over in Vibrance.  There were odd plant-like crystal growths, and while most of them were monochromatic, there was occasionally one that was in full, vibrant Color.  Separately, WOB has it that Color has specific but unrevealed Realmic significance (to be addresses in the warbreaker sequel), that supposedly will explain why Perfect Awakening doesnt let you bounce between White and Grey to provide infinite Color.  

I think this is indicative of additional Investment in a given object, perhaps natural occurrence or perhaps Psychometry-style "Investment via Perceived Significance" that is Endowed into an object by people.  Along those lines, I think we'll see something more like Scadrial that's a basic ghost-mirror land, but with a boat-load of supercharged Color everywhere, bleed-over from Endowment's Investment, that will ripple as Heightened people in the PR move about.  

6 hours ago, Lightblood said:

Well "Vibrance could mean full of energy and enthusiasm. Or it could mean quivering; pulsating. (both google definitions) 

Personally I think it'd be funny if it was just a normal place that was "quivering" or "pulsating" just everything that had color was just vibrating like mad.

In other words Nalthis Shadesmar would be constantly vibrating LOL It could be vibrating/pulsing so fast you probably couldn’t tell what color anything is.

• Chaos locked this topic