Been Thinking About Allomantic Gold

StanLemon

Lately I've been thinking about A-Gold. We know so little about the true capabilities of it and Electrum. Even the best example we have, Miles, thinks to himself about how he doesn't focus on it. He just used it to look back on how he's changed and reinforce his convictions. 

What A-Gold reminds me of though, is Soul Stamping. When burning it, the user looks at who they were and other lives they could have lived, and based on in character perspectives, they feel the world and think through their Gold Shadow's perspective as well as their own simultaneously. 

Has anyone else seen a parallel here?

18 minutes ago, StanLemon said:

Lately I've been thinking about A-Gold. We know so little about the true capabilities of it and Electrum. Even the best example we have, Miles, thinks to himself about how he doesn't focus on it. He just used it to look back on how he's changed and reinforce his convictions. 

What A-Gold reminds me of though, is Soul Stamping. When burning it, the user looks at who they were and other lives they could have lived, and based on in character perspectives, they feel the world and think through their Gold Shadow's perspective as well as their own simultaneously. 

Has anyone else seen a parallel here?

Some people here

have thought of using both simultaneously as a way to improve your soulstamping.  I took it one step further and thought of using malatium to bypass some of the knowing the other person you want to soulstamp problem.

Cool, I didn't see anything in that thread about gold but I must have overlooked it. Considering what Shai can do with Soul Stamping herself, gold may be more fairly useful indeed. I doubt it would be as effective as Forgery but it still could be quite useful if it can even approach that level

A-Gold is something that a couple fans have discussed and Brandon has noted that it would be really useful for Forgers creating Essence Marks.

Oversleep

How useful would gold Allomancy be for making Essence Marks?

Brandon Sanderson

Useful.

Skype Q&A (Oct. 8, 2018)

But it can't do as many things as Forgery, despite being based on the same fundamentals:

Questioner

In The Emperor’s Soul, Forgery allows you to Forge your soul to create a different past. My question is, would on Scadrial burning gold in a controlled way allow you to do something like that?

Brandon Sanderson

Wow, you guys are good. So, they are similar but different. I would say that no, gold is not gonna do this exact thing. They're working from the same fundamental roots, but gold is a lot more bounded in what it can accomplish.

Warsaw signing (March 18, 2017)

• Chaos locked this topic