Overinvested objects

Koloss17

so I have found out that a-Nicrosil can nicroburst an awakener. That would make the person pump all of their breath into an object they are awakening.  What would that do? I’d assume it would not act like nightblood, because that’s just the power of nightblood.

You might be able to damage them a little bit.  Giving away some of your breath is a damaging possess doing it faster might be bad.  I seriously doubt you will get much difference in the object.  It will likely be a little smarter and faster but honestly they can just put more breath into a thing if they really care.

37 minutes ago, Koloss17 said:

so I have found out that a-Nicrosil can nicroburst an awakener. That would make the person pump all of their breath into an object they are awakening.  What would that do? I’d assume it would not act like nightblood, because that’s just the power of nightblood.

Under normal circumstances the Command used is what determines the amount of Breaths to be used in the effect, and unlike Allomancy the breaths are not normally burned up.  That being the case, the way I see it there are several possibilities:

• They get a massive Burst-like increase to their Heightenings, but in doing they expend/use-up/lose all their breaths, leaving them a Drab.
  • Same as above but it doesnt burn their own native Breath.
  • It only works while they are actively Awakening something, and forces them to include ALL their breaths whether the Command would call for it or not.  This Might cause some sort of Increased effect of the Command, or it could just be a pure waste.  Tactically that could still be useful, if you hit somebody with it while they were making a Lifeless they'd loose all their breaths and be unable to reclaim them from the identity lock.  It might make some sort of super-Invested Lifeless at the same time (Im assuming they'd be using the 1-Breath version of the Command).  
  • It doesnt affect the use/flow of Breaths at all (they remain usable and recoverable), but it does cause a Burst that drains all available Color in the Area, preventing further awakening.  

• Chaos locked this topic